indexers in .net

 Hi

Is Indexer a .net 1.1 feature or .net 2.0 feature

Regards

Karan

Regards
Karan Gupta

For .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visit

http://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main
0
karang

Neither. It is a C# language feature available from v1.0 (.NET 1.0) onwards.

Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem.
0
siva_sm
6/5/2008 8:27:42 AM

Indexer is  feature of .Net.

An indexer enables you to use an index on an object to obtain values stored within the object. In essence this enables you to treat an object like an array.

An indexer is also similar to a property. As with properties, you use get and set when defining an indexer. Unlike properties, you are not obtaining a specific data member; rather, you are obtaining a value from the object itself. When you define a property, you define a property name. With indexers, instead of creating a name as you do with properties, you use the this keyword, which refers to the object instance and thus the object name is used. The format for defining an indexer is

public dataType this[int index]
{
  get
  {
    // Do whatever you want...
    return aValue;
  }
  set
  {
    // Do whatever you want
    // Generally you should set a
    // value within the class
    // based on the index and the
    // value they assign.
  }
}

Pradeep Kamlapuri
B.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
India
0
kamlapuri

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

How to get RS (From VB6) to .NET (VB.NET)
Hi Friends,         I have requirement, there is one function in VB6 it returns a RS, I need to call that function in  VB.NET, how to get those values into .NET, if can any body can help (pass me some code snippets), that will be greate, Thank you.Madhu... -Madhu hey guys i got this one just by using fill method.-Madhu...

I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running
Name: Email: rmbala91atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am not getting my mail open on my net as net is running Comments: My mail is not getting opening. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Net Farmers net

net send in .net

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

.Net Application generators
There are a few .Net complete n-tier application generators that generate directly from your database. Some even have their own database building tools. They are great and easy to follow and their applications generate real VB.Net and C# code, easy to learn. These are great starts for .Net stuff except for one thing, PRICE. Iron Speed is about $1500 and for the same exact product features ASPNetNow sells for only $279 for their Web Matrix version or $530 for VS version. Another company Avalanche sells for $995. Amazing price ranges. The first two match feature for feature except the first yo...

Getting started .net website

Web resources about - indexers in .net - asp.net.getting-started

Indexers beat stock-pickers: Study
A new study finds that actively managed funds lagged their index-fund counterparts.

Rick Ferri - The Indexer - Forbes
Rick Ferri's stories. The Indexer: I cover low-cost index fund and ETF investing.

Rotary Indexer gives Mill a 4th axis
Rotary indexer’s are standard issue in most machine shops. These allow you to hold or chuck a work piece, and then a graduated handle lets you ...

How to Get Into a Private BitTorrent Tracker or Usenet Indexer
When it comes to sharing files on BitTorrent and Usenet, it doesn’t get any better than private trackers and indexers. But by definition, they’re ...

Listen to Buffett and Schwab: Be an indexer
Picking straightforward index ETFs and funds means finding the ones with the lowest costs and putting money to work. Here’s how to do it.

Microsoft previews Azure's Live Streaming and Content Protection, makes Media Indexer generally available ...
Emil Protalinski / The Next Web : Microsoft previews Azure's Live Streaming and Content Protection, makes Media Indexer generally available — ...

Classic WTF: The Indexer
It's Christmas Eve here and, oh my, everywhere so we're taking the day off. Our hearts at TDWTF go out to you poor schmoes (all 5 of you) who ...

Microsoft previews Azure’s Live Streaming and Content Protection, makes Media Indexer generally available ...
... and Content Protection offerings as part of its Azure Media Services suite. At the same time, the company announced Azure Media Services Indexer ...

FACT Threats Turn Usenet Search Engine Into Open Source Hydra Indexer
... Fuck,” Lemon said. The FACT officer thought otherwise and indicated that the sites were the same. “What, so SurfTheChannel was a Usenet indexer?” ...

closet indexers Archives - ValueWalk
Premature Selling Is Tough but Beneficial by A. Michael Lipper, CFA The vast majority of investment literature for professionals is about smart ...