index server not indexing

Ok, so I want to add a catalog to the index server. I can add the new catalog, I then add a directory to this catalog. I restart the index server, and merge the index. If I click the index server, in mmc, it shows 0 documents for everything. Everything meaning documents to index, total docs, docs defered for indexing and so on.

 I've tried this on vista as well as on win2003 and the same result is obtained, no documents are indexed. In win2003 I can index document, but ONLY the ones in the default catalog, if I paste some documents there they get indexed.

So, what have I done wrong? Security?

Cheers!

/Eskil

0
utlandsfantomenno1

Now the directory gets indexed. I get 4 documents indexed, although it should only be 2.

Now the problem is that I can't in any way, get these documents to show up in my search results...

Still doing something wrong, any ideas?

 Cheers!

/Eskil

0
utlandsfantomenno1

To Index or Not To Index or How To Index
Hello, I was wondering if someone knows a better way to explain how different indexes work. Such as, is it better to have an index with int type or char or varchar etc? Is it better to have composite indexes or indexes with individual columns? How does optimizer handle different indexes and what can we do help it? Indexes are very efficient most of the time but they can be quite detrimental to server's performance, if abused. Perhaps you know of a good article about indexing that you could share with us. Or, perhaps Mr. Rob Verschoor would like to issue an article in his very usefu...

Indexing server and hiding content when indexing?
Hi everyone, I'm now struggeling a bit to long with this problem and I really hope that somebody can help me. When indexing server indexes pages it reads from the top, which means that the only thing that shows in the search result is the navigation rather then the unique content of the page. I know that by adding meta description to the pages that indexing server will show this description in the result. However this will not solve the problem with all the pages I now need to index. Most search engines I know works with <noindex>-tags. Something like that ...

why do I get ipaddy/welcome/index.html when I thingk I should get ipaddy/index.html
I set the document root to vol1:/website (there is a folder there) The folder contains index.html When I try the site by just entering the ipaddy 192.168.1.68 The browser shows it trying 192.168.1.68/Welcome/index.html and it errors Why? What did I miss? If I do https://192.168.1.68 I go to the index.html page no problem. If I manually type 192.168.1.68/index.html I get what I expect. I am just stumped as to why it trys to serve up a Welcome folder Is there a Cool Solution doc for setting up a realworld webserver. Realworld I mean the things we all would/should do ...

Clustered Index on Indexed View from ADO.NET
I have a clustered index on an indexed view in sql server 2000. When I do a simple select in query anaylser from this view I can see from the execution plan in profiler that the clustered index was used to return the data, hence improving performance of the underlying select(this is why I am using the indexed view). However, if I run the query from an asp.net page using the sql provider I can see the call in profiler but the clustered index is not used, hence reducing the performance of the call considerably.If anyone has experienced this please let me know.Cheers Niall Views are...

Tab Index Always starts at Index 0
When I call Update() on the Panel my TabIndex always starts at 0.  Is there a simple way to ask the AJAX Manager to remember its tab order.  I have a MasterPage with the ScriptManager on it.  I have a Telerik user tab control with several Ajax update panels on each user control.  On the First User Control when I change a Textbox or Combobox and call the Update on the panel the everthing seems to work great except focus always returns to the Telerik tab control.  Before I switch to the AJAX (Released) I use to call a method on the Telerik AJaxManager (ajaxManager.Con...

Index server, indexing but not returning results (vista)
I've indexed some documents in index server. I specify the catalog and folder in my query, see below. My problem is that the query never returns any result. I've indexed a lot of different folder och even indexed c in my despair:.On a total I have 85289 docs indexed if I look in the Mmc, but can't get one single document returned. One funny thing is that I can't set the index to inherit the settings from the webserver, if I choose properties. I can select it and save it, but when I go back, everything is set as before. I'm guessing this has something to do with...

To Index or not to Index (that is the question...)
I'd like to clear up an assumption I have. If I have a Primary Key Constraint on a Table I assume that I will not need to create an Index on the field(s) of the constraint as the action of creating the primary key constraint produces what is the equivalent of an Index (be the constraint clustered or not). Is this the case? Also I'm looking to Pivot some data, are there any SQL tricks etc. I should be aware of to be able to do this (I've searched the Newsgroups for 'Pivot' but don't understand any of the answers posted - some SQL examples would be gr...

what is the Included no-index-key index column in SQL Server 2005?
is it the same performance and functions between index-key index column and Included no-index-key index column when queried by WHERE conditions and ORDER BY conditions?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com Index column include is a fancy composite key, one of the key features of SQL Server 2005, it should be faster with the WHERE Clause but I cannot say about the ORDER BY because ANSI SQL puri...

How make a query in terms of File Index value in Index Server ?
I'm writing a Search Query in Index Server SQL language. but not able to get the index value of any document in the Index Server. As this code            strQuery = "Select Filename,PATH from Scope() where FREETEXT('" +strsearchstrings+ "')";             string connstring = "Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security .='';Data Source="+strCatalog; as shown in the example above i want make a query in in terms of Index of the doc file stored in the Index Server.Is it possible? I tried but its not working out I dont know where the probl...

PLEASE HELP! w/Index Server, Indexing service query
Hello, I have set up indexing service via Index Server on my local machine. I have successfully created the catalog, set up the document directory and indexed the documents within my directory. I am having problems with the query not returning the document properties that I would like to see (such as DocTitle, DocAuthor, etc.) Everything works fine, except for the fact that the result set is not returning the data fields that I need. The search works great (as far as I can tell). I also installed the adobe ifilter so that index server can also search pdf files and that seems to w...

Getting the contents of index.cgi instead of executed index.cgi
Hi, I trying to rebuild a failed server that was running Bugzilla 4.2.5. (I have DB backups from 4.2.5). I have installed everything and when I hit the main page I'm getting the contents of index.cgi instead of executed index.cgi. This is a Windows installation and I added the registry entry for .cgi but for some reason it will not execute it but instead displays the content of the index.cgi file. How can I debug this? Thanks for any help. Pat ...

Basic Index question :- nonclusted indexes which are a subset of a clustered index
Can anyone suggest why I would have the following set of indices upon a table: index1 clustered, unique field1,field,field3,fiel4 index2 nonclustered field2,field3, field4 index3 nonclustered field,field2,field4 The table is one into which a lot of inserts are done, so I would have thought that index2 & 3 would be unncessary since they're (1) already in the clustered index and (2) any inserts would triple the amount of index updates that are required... Are these assumptions correct ? Thanks in advance, Steve Hi, if you have a...

Mapping HTML meta-tags to index server/indexing services variables
The HTML metatags “keywords” and “description” map very nicely to the Index Server variables “Characterization” and “DocKeywords”. So I can easily query the content of these meta tags in my web site search function: <meta name="keywords" content=" "> = Index Server: Characterization <meta name="description" content=" "> = Index Server: DocKeywords I’m looking for some more place to store information in HTML-pages that can be retrieved by Index Server. Are there any other HTML tags that are indexed by Index Server? For instance wha...

Get the item index which causes the Selected Item Index changed event.
I have a web form which has Multiple select CheckBox List. In this, i have items out of which few are selected and few are unselected. Now when i select or deselect an item, SelectedIndexChanged Event is fired. I want to find out the item which fires the selectedindex changed event. Please help me out. One option is to examine the value of Request.Form["__EVENTTARGET"]. This carries a value as CheckBoxListID$CheckedItemIndex. E.g.: cbl$4 if 5th item is cheked or unchcked.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem....

Web resources about - index server not indexing - asp.net.getting-started

Indexing Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... project, with the component serving as the Content Indexer for the Object File System . Cairo was eventually shelved, but the content indexing ...

Under the Hood: Indexing and Ranking in Graph Search - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Indexing and Ranking in Graph Search geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

English Google App-Indexing office-hours hangout - YouTube
Join us for a *Google office hours hangout about App Indexing* App Indexing connects your website with your smartphone app, so that the app can ...

Google’s app indexing links coming to Safari on iOS by end of month
Google first introduced app indexing for iOS apps in search back in May, allowing in-app content to appear in search results with links that ...

Trends in Wine: Out-Innovated By Beer, Under-Indexing With Hispanics
Is wine losing its buzz? Lately the category has been out-innovated by brewers, who have flooded the market with new beer flavors, brands and ...

Google Extends App Indexing to iOS
... in Chrome , \"in the coming weeks.\" Wald also offered instructions for developers interested in getting their apps indexed: While app indexing ...

Google’s App Indexing speeds up switching to apps from Chrome and Google Search
... update in the Google Developers Blog, I yawned. When I read deeper, though, and saw what it can do, I got a bit more excited. Googles App Indexing ...

Coffee With a Googler: Learn about App Indexing and Search
Posted by Laurence Moroney , Developer Advocate. App Indexing helps you get your mobile app found in Google Search. Once your app is indexed, ...

Re-indexing Magento through the command line
... for a whole host of reasons, for example, if the indexer is timing out or not finishing through the web interface. Magento includes an indexing ...