Increasing the Connection Pool Size to be Greater than 100

We support a site of 600 users and the following message displays sometimes when many people are hitting the site.  People are getting this because there are 100 connections to the database.  Does anyone know how to increase the pool size???

Message:
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached
0
BEH

Try to add "max pool size" to your connection string :
connstring ="Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=YourSQLServer;Integrated Security=SSPI;max pool size=200"

Have a look @ : ADO.NET: Connection Pooling

HTH

K B Shajudeen
AreYaar.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
0
shaji
8/31/2003 5:07:01 AM
You should not be using the SQLOLEDB provider with .Net. Use the SqlClient namespace instead. You should still be able to apply that max pool size attribute to the connection string.

If you're using MS Access, 100 connections is about 75 too many.
--Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP - Directory Services
http://www.briandesmond.com
0
bdesmond
8/31/2003 6:18:07 AM
Thank you!!!  That was perfect!
0
BEH

The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached
Hi all, I want to raise this issue again in this forum with hope to get correct and useful answer. First of all, I would like to describe my application design to get better understanding of problem. Client >>> .Net Object (assembly installed in GAC) >>> Web Service >>> Use of few .Net Object >>> Microsoft Data Access Block >>> Database Client loads my shopping cart object (required assembly installed in Local GAC) and call few method for processing order. Internally this object calls WebService method to process order. At my WebService m...

[...]

 HiI've got this message and I don't know how to solve the problem. I know that I am not closing the existing connection, but I do not where, that's the problemThanks Anders Error message first, Source code and then the example of SQL connection. Error message:Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. Desc...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
What does this error message imply? .... i guess it does imply that you are not closing your connections. And/Or, you are not coding correctly to enforce Connection Pooling. That means you are not using the same connection string each time. To do this, create an <appsetting> in your WEB.CONFIG that is your connection string and reference it in your code any time you need to connect to the database. And as Moon pointed out, close your connection as soon as possible. Take a look at Connection Pooling Hi all, I want to raise this issue again in this forum with hope to get correct a...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
Hi, I have a simple app, but I'm getting this error periodically when loading this page.  Can anyone help?  Many many thanks in advance! Here is my code: .aspx <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Timesheet_Main.aspx.vb" Inherits="Timesheet_Main" title="Resourcing Solutions" %> <asp:Content ID="Timesheet_Main_Content" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"> <div> <table class="tblCh...

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. #2
Hi,  please could someone assist with this problem, as this is quite a serious issue now. The system I have created, is now producing the above error, so the clients can not continue with their daily work. Please could some one assist. Thank you. Error below: Server Error in '/MSISDN_Master' Application. Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of...

facing problem in increasing connection string pool size sqlserver
Hi to all, I am using a connection string like data source=RemoteHostName;initial catalog=myDb;password=sa;user id=sa; Max pool size = 200; And now strange thing is happening ,, I am receiving error : Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached The SqlServer Activity Manager is telling that only 100 connections are pooled, and I guess that the Max pool size is 100, It is not being changed by my Connection string. As I am tryi...

How to increase a buffer size for one mysql connection started with dbi::mysql
--000e0cdfc5be471498047c930808 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hi I have a problem whith one large select request. A connection is opened by dbi perl but ended without giving any result. Th perl script end with an error like "Not an ARRAY reference" When i observed mysql log, i found that the connection opened is ended without any result. When i execute sql query directly into the db server, it succeed. i didn't find anyt ips about that. However i found a kind of definition of buffersize on dbi:teradata. (a kind of parameter to define into dbi->...

after increase size of NSS pool, this pool is bad!
NSS Pool has two HDD (146Gb+72Gb) and work good. This poll contains own volume. I will increase size of this pool and add one more HDD (146Gb) via NSSMU utility. Pool increase good, but after reload server, when volume mounted, NSS report: ---------- Sep 11, 2005 1:26:53 pm NSS<ZLSS>-3.22-1459: zfsSuperBlk.c[1247] Unable to rebuild super block headers. Run Verify and if necessary, run Rebuild. Sep 11, 2005 1:26:53 pm NSS<ZLSS>-3.22-1432: zfsPool.c[3340] Volume "N_VLM_1" in group 0 contains invalid super block headers, status=24867. Run Verif...

Recycling connections in a ADO.Net connection pool
I have a requirement where I will need to get a handle on the existing connections in a particular ADO.Net connection pool (identified by the unique connection string) and close and open them one by one. This is because whenever we compile a package or stored procedure, ADO.Net does not realise this and keeps giving "Package is invalid" error. I am using ODP.Net Client 9.2.0.4. The current solution is to restart the application pool to flush the connection pool. Does anyone know how to get a list of all connection objects in the ADO.Net connection pool given a connection stri...

Connection Pool reached max pool size
We are develop site in asp.net 2.0 and back end sql server 2000 and host in IIS 6.0. At the time of testing the site not open and the message is Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.  and the information of Event viewer below Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 29/08/2007 17:42:52 Event time (UTC): 29/08/2007 12:12:52 Event ID: 9ca50329a5a5464a953334619315c30d Event sequence: 27...

Increase the connection pool for SQL connection string.
I guess it's 100 by default... we need to up it.... but I can't seem to find how/where. I was under the impression that you could do this in the web.config or possibly in the connection string itself but I'm turning up blank....   Thanks Yeah, it's in the connection string.  You will want to change your MaxPoolSize.  Here is a referenceCommunity Coder here it is http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa719770(VS.71).aspxCommunity Coder Thanks... couldnt find it for the life of me....

This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
  Hello all, anybudy help in this situation I am getting the infamous error, and wonder if anyone can help ... "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. I have developed an ASP.NET Web Service which accesses a SQL Server 2000 database. Thanks for your help! This is almost always caused by connection leaks. This in turn, is because of not implementing usage of disposable objects in the right way. Use the 'using' keyword,...

Web resources about - Increasing the Connection Pool Size to be Greater than 100 - asp.net.getting-started

File:Increasing disorder.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

STUDY: Top Brands On Facebook Using Hashtags, But They’re Not Increasing Engagement
The good news about hashtags on Facebook, from analytics company Simply Measured , is that 20 percent of posts by Interbrand 100 brands, or the ...

Facebook mobile usage increasing in U.S., U.K.
According to a report from Reuters , Facebook mobile usage for June showed an 18 percent increase in the U.S. and 22 percent in the U.K. At ...

10 Strategies for Increasing Your Creativity
... is that we can all benefit from a boost to our creative juices.Those who are truly creative don’t copy what others do; 10 Strategies for Increasing ...

Increasing Conversions through Better Usability at SMX East - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Increasing Conversions through Better Usability at SMX East - Liveblog coverage Moderator: Gordon Hotchkiss, President and CEO, Enquiro Speakers: ...

Increasing Your Employability whilst at University - YouTube
Imogen O'Mahony, Recruitment Manager at PwC, talks about ways in which you can build your skills and expertise whilst at university in order ...

UAE increasing efforts to keep pedestrians safe
Failure to give way to pedestrians was blamed for 40 of the more than 1,200 traffic accidents nationwide in the first three months of this year. ...

Ransomware threats are increasing, Symantec warns
With increasing ransomware activity in Europe, the U.S., and Canada, Symantec expects it to spread to regions such as Australia, as well. This ...

Increasing prime-time advertisements will 'wreck free-to-air TV': experts
Making people sit through 20 minutes of advertisements during prime-time television shows risks pushing viewers to alternatives, TV insiders ...