Importing data from either Excel Files or CSV files

Hi,

I am having trouble uploading data from Excel/CSV files.  Any idea how I can get my ASP.NET application to do this?  Also, I need to transfer the data into SQL Server tables.  Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

 Thank you,

Jules

0
JulesG

 this link help you

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/CsvReader.asp

0
bhupender
11/14/2007 12:01:15 PM

Try this one... its a good option

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/FinalCSVReader.asp

0
chrisjob012
11/14/2007 12:23:30 PM

Thank you Bupender

0
JulesG
11/14/2007 2:07:14 PM

Thanks chrisjob012!

0
JulesG

bhupender
11/15/2007 6:00:58 AM

I am new to programming, so please bear with me.  It is taking me a little time to understand your suggestion.  I will mark your response as soon as possible.  Thank you.

0
JulesG
11/15/2007 2:39:09 PM

Take ur time.... but dont forget Big Smile

0
chrisjob012

Extract data from sqlserver to .csv file and then upload data from .csv file to sqlserver
hello,         i have a problem. i have to dump data from sqlserver2005 to a .csv file.          for this i am using this: SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["Project1ConnectionString"].ToString()); try  {  conn.Open();  SqlDataAdapter uda = new SqlDataAdapter("select UserId,UserId,Username,Password, email, GroupId,UserId2,name from user_master", conn);  DataSet uds = new DataSet(); uda.Fill(uds);  StringBuilder ustr...

Import Files to Excel File
Greetings, I have a directory full of invidual GEN000*.Result files. Each one of these files has some output which looks like this: PDI Number: GEN000240 Finding Category: CAT I Reference: UNIX STIG: 2.5.3.1 Description: A non-local/non-authoritative (Government) time-server is used. Status: Not Reviewed For example: GEN000240: Please perform a manual review of the domain.net network time server/client using Checklist Section 3, GEN000240, to check the configuration. SRR Script Version: UNIX_51-28Jan2011 UNIX SRR Checklist Page: 28 I want to parse over 300 of these...

Components for importing/exporting datasets from/to Excel files or csv file [Edit]
Could you please recommend free and/or commercial components (source code available) for importing/exporting datasets data from/to Excel and csv files? I read about EMS Advanced import/export VCL components but I want to use something lighter and preferably free. My other requirement is that the components don't need Excel, i.e. they don't use excel automation to read or write excel files. Most of the components that I've seen seem to be dead or they don't exist anymore. Thanks Get Flexcel - it's one of the most impressive components I've ever used http://...

How to convert excel file to csv file(.xls to .csv)?
Hi, Anybody know how to convert excel file to csv file? Appreciate so much to your kindly reply. ~p@ywen~ nothing is impossible ^_^v few ways to do it. I'd say go after it with ado.net, and load it into a datatable. but if you want to use the office interop, d/l from microsoft.com, and play with it. remember that it's easier to work with vb when it comes to office. at least until whidbey comes out.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code....

How to copy data from one excel file to other excel file
Hi I have two excel file (Ex1 and Ex2), both have same template (headers) and data will be populated from the dataset. Upto this step its works fine. My question : How to copy the data  form 6th row to last row of "Ex2" and paste it into the "Ex1" after the last row in Ex1.   Advance thanks Have a look here: For VB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306022 For C# - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306023/ -Damien  Visoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: ASP.NET 4.0 AJAX Preview 4 - Client Templates...

Problem when get data from Excel file using ADO.NET
THIS IS MY CODE Private Sub GetDataFromXLS() Dim strConn As String Dim objConn As OleDbConnection Dim sql As String strConn = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " & _ "Data Source=C:\Data.xls;" & _ "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;" objConn = New OleDbConnection(strConn) objConn.Open() sql = "SELECT ProductCode, ProductName FROM [Data$]" '-Data is name of sheet in Data.xls. Dim objComm...

Is possible to import data from CSV file into database using c# .net
Hi,  I am using visual studio.net 2005 and mysql server (5.0 .net connector).I want to load data from a csv file and set them in database table. The CSV data are not loaded into database table, I am getting error in this line 13: cmd1.ExecuteNonQuery(); Also I have tried to create a stored procedure to load data and send the file path as parameter, but it is not impossible? Please a help..... my code: 1 string strCSVFile = "C:\\Import.csv"; 2 MySqlConnection conn1 = new MySqlConnection(connectionString); 3 4 string strLoadData = "LOAD D...

How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file
How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file  Hello Tapan,Can you explain what are you trying to do? Do you want to export the html content in Excel or CSV File ?Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

How i convert a excel file to csv file ?
Hei friends, i'am new in newbie in Perl, and i need how i convert a excel file in csv file in linx ? Can you help me, please ?? Thanks, Paulito There is a module on CPAN called Spreadsheet::WriteExcel you can use to read xls data. =20 -----Original Message----- From: Santana =5Bmailto:paulito.santana=40gmail.com=5D=20 Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:22 AM To: beginners=40perl.org Subject: How i convert a excel file to csv file ? Hei friends, i'am new in newbie in Perl, and i need how i convert a excel file in csv file in linx ? Can you help me, please ...

How i convert a excel file to csv file
Hei friends, i'am new in newbie in Perl, and i try i convert a excel file in csv file in Suse 10.0 linux. I install the Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.32.tar.gz module in my linux but when i try run this script : use strict; use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; my $excel =3D Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Workbook->Parse($file); foreach my $sheet (@{$excel->{Worksheet}}) { printf("Sheet: %s\n", $sheet->{Name}); $sheet->{MaxRow} ||=3D $sheet->{MinRow}; foreach my $row ($sheet->{MinRow} .. $sheet->{MaxRow}) { $sheet-&...

Need help in getting data in csv file into an Excel Page in a workbook that is programatically created
UPDATED 200807161509 Found the solution --- posted in last message in case it can help someone else.   BACKGROUND1. I am a newbie at asp.net programming and the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel2. I am using VWD 2008 to create a site on IIS 6.0 with Net Framework 3.5 installed.3. I have elected to use Visual Basic as my code behind language as I am most familiar with it.4. I have a web page that allows a user to         A. Select options for data which then programatically opens the excel workbook, modifies the data and delivers the workbook to th...

upload data from an excel file directly into db without saving the excel file
Hi, I want to give users the ability to upload an excel file and then take the data out of the first column in that excel file and insert that into my db.  NB The users will be told to only put data into the first column. I know how to put the input file on my webform and have them upload the file to the server - but i think there must be a better way as i dont want to keep the excel file - just take the info out of the column and discard the excel file. Does anyone have any ideas/tutorials on best way to do this. Thanks...   I have done similar thing, but you can not j...

Get data from a text file to an HTML file
I am trying to read data from a text file ( has a username and usercode columns) to display on an html page. It there a way to do that? The text file changes information daily. I guess it would be better to have an xml file in place of the text file, then you would apply XSLT to the XML and display them on the page as html. Regards  Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP The text file is generated from another program so I can't change the type of file.   Look at the System.IO namespace. Thare are readers in there where you pass in th...

Save data from html file to excel file

Web resources about - Importing data from either Excel Files or CSV files - asp.net.getting-started

Viral Channels: Hi5 Adds Contact Importing to App Invite Flow
... social networking platform I’ve seen, hi5 announced tonight that it is adding the ability for users to invite non-hi5 friends to apps by importing ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Tony Abbott considers importing US-style school program with private industry involvement
Tony Abbott is considering an unprecedented Americanisation of the school education system with radical changes that could see HECS-style fees ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Sydney grandmother Lorn Cheng arrested for allegedly importing heroin in 252 pellets
Brenda filed a missing persons report last Friday, concerned that her mother hadn't returned from a holiday in Cambodia when she said she would. ...

Importing more fads from failed systems
Fast-tracking talented professionals into the classroom is yet another imported fad from England and the US - both of which are failed education ...

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...