IIS server works with vs.net but not vs.net 2003 ?

Trying to program in asp.net 1.1 via visual studio and running IIS 5.1.

After getting asp.net to work, i am getting the dreaded '...Internal Server Error 500..." if I try to start a new Solution in VS.Net 2003. However, VS.Net will allow me to start a web application with no problems.
Truth is stranger than fiction, but nothing is stranger than visual studio....
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
0
RStanton23

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Upgrade IBS from VS.NET to VS.NET 2003
Anyone encountered any problems while performing this upgrade? Like "ASPNetPortal.PortalModuleControl could not be loaded." If so, what is the casue, how did you fix it ? Thanks I know it is of no help but ... It went painlessly for me Sorry DavidMVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I not have any problem. check the project references or try a clean install hmmm - thanks for the replies. I'm trying to help out the user who posted this message I'm struggling to find a reason why he's having suc...

VS.NET 2000 Versus VS.NET 2003
Hi, I'm using VS.NET 2003 at home, but at my uni's using VS.NET 2000. So if i do work at home and bring to UNI and run on VS.NET 2000. Does any problem with that ? Thanks. Jeff. any projects you create in VS2003 won't open on VS2002 once you open a VS2002 project in VS2003 and covert it, it won't open again in VS2002 Nick www.vb-tech.comhttp://www.vb-tech.com Thanks nickswan....

VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter
All -- Please help. I need a VS.NET 2005 to VS.NET 2003 converter. OOPs. (It is a long story.) Anyway... Does such a thing exist? Do you have any hints? (The VS.NET 2005 code is simple and does use much of the new stuff.) Please advise. Thank you. --Mark Kamoski  http://www.NetBrainer.com...

Migrating from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2008
 We are getting ready to start migrating all our applications from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008. Is anyone aware of any direct conversion issues? Also. a lot of our 1.1 apps use datatables as the datasource can we still do this in 2008? Yes you can.I have done some migration between 1.1 and 2.0 and there were some small issues but in general most of the things worked fine.For example Microsoft has changed the html validator in Visual Studio.also some events works a little different. If you share session cookie between some 1.1 and 2.0 (or) later apps you have to do so...

VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 on same machine
I've seen some postings indicating that you can have VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET 2005 side by side on the same machine.  I've also seen some comments that if doing this there is something that gets messed up, but I can't locate what it is and what the solution might be. Can someone shed some light on this for me regarding what might get messed up and where I can find the fixes to it? Thanks, Ira  Ira Richard Smith I have this set up. no prob at all.-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Same here along with VS.Net 2002 & VS 6.0 I'm running 2003 and 2005 on wi...

Migration VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005
I want to migrate to framework 2.0.Questions :1) Can i use Vs.Net 2005 and framework 2.0 with Sql Server 2000 ? or must i migrate too 2005 2) I read in some forums there is some problem to migrate vs.net 2003 solutions/project to 2005, It's right ?3) Is it necessery to modify a lot of c# code (deprecate, ...) ?4) Can i work both Vs.Net2003 framework 1.1 ans Vs.net 2005 framework 2.0 on the same development machine ?Thanks. Patrick Ducret Hi, 1) Yes you can. You can use SQL2000 from .NET 2.0 as you did from .NET 1.x. SQL2005 just has some additional features to offer. 2) It can be if...

VS.net 2003 and VS.net Whidbey on same machine
Is it possible to install (and run) Visual Studio Whidbey on a computer where Visual Studio .net 2003 (and .net Framework 1.1) is currently installed? Or smashes it my Visual Studio 2003 installation? Yes, this is possible. I am doing it on two machines at the present time.JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets I also do that, and do not have noticed any problems, but I have heard that other developers have some problems with running the CTP with VS.Net 2003. /Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MV...

VS.Net 2003 Conversion to VS.Net 2005 issues
I've recently installed and started using VS.Net 2005 and have converted a web service solution to .Net 2.0 which works fine. I have an ASP.Net application [still .Net 1.1] that consumed this web service and now I cannot get it to work. Previously this was referencing the binary created for the web service but obviously this binary is no longer created. I have changed this reference to a web reference and now use the WSDL files i've generated from the web service but I get the following error.// Error DetailsException Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error m...

Convert a VS.NET 2003 solution to VS.NET 2002?
Hi, I am working on my personal site now, but I only have an evaultion version of VS.NET 2003, so I want to convert it to an VS.NET 2002 solution. Is it possible to do that?Mikael Söderström Found it :) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030425.aspMikael Söderström...

Web resources about - IIS server works with vs.net but not vs.net 2003 ? - asp.net.getting-started

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Dell announces Datacenter Scalable Solutions server line
In an effort to expand its share of the server market, Dell has announced today that it will be launching a new line of servers targeting companies ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server
Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server

Samsung starts mass production of 128GB DDR4 modules for enterprise servers
Samsung Electronics has announced that it is mass producing the industry's first TSV DDR4 memory in 128GB modules for enterprise servers and ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
Wondering how Hyper-V containers work in Microsoft's upcoming server software release? Intrepid administrators and developers can get an early ...

It's The End Of The Server As We Know It
The market for enterprise server hardware has experienced a pretty boring run, ­as the basic server building block has not changed significantly ...