I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003

I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work.

Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot!
0
zhao790

Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again.

I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option.
Arvind Malik
0
arvind2004
2/4/2005 3:29:32 PM
First, I would see if .Net Framework 1.1 is installed on your pc.

Then, go to computer management (right click my computer - choose manage), check in IIS that your service is running and not stopped. It's under Services and Applications - Internet Imformation Services.
Also, in IIS, be sure the app you are trying to open has it's Virtual directory.
Under IIS, usually under defalt web sites, find the folder with your app.
Right click, then properties, and where it says application name, if the button says create, the click it. If it says remove, then you are ok.
I can't think of anything else to try other than reinstalling. You tried the iisreg already.
I hope this helps a little,
Zath
0
Zath
2/4/2005 3:33:34 PM
I did uninstall iis server and vs.net 2003 and install IIS and vs.net 2003. But it still didn't work.
0
zhao790
2/4/2005 3:33:41 PM
The web application works if you type the url and can surf it. The proble is we can't edit it. from vs.net 2003.  Thanks!
0
zhao790

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

[help]Why web matrix can detect....but VS.net 2003 can't?

Can't open project in VS.NET 2003
When I try to open project in VS.NET 2003 via link created in Programs\ASP.NET Starter Kits\ASP.NET Portal (CSVS)\ASP.NET Portal Starter Kit (CSVS).sln I receive an error: Unable to get the project from the Web server. Unable to open Web project 'PortalCSVS'. The Web 'PortalCSVS' located on server 'http://localhost' does not exists. But project is located on C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\portal\PortalCSVS, database Portal is created on local mashine, IIS knows everything about 'PortalCSVS'. Any tips?Best regards, LesioS Make sure the virtual directory has been created and it is pointing to ...

VS .NET 2003 can't create new web project
This post was moved from the Microsoft Technical Forums on MSDN: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=9402 hi,after install the .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect. I can't create any new web application (ASP.NET web application)it gives the following error message. It works for Windows ApplicationThe Web server reported the following error when attemping to create or open the Wb project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.What I am doing wrong? Please help!-FrontPage Extension install...

Can't add a web service reference to VS.NET 2003
All,I am trying to add a reference to a vendors web service within my VS.NET 2003 project and keep getting the following error:There was an error downloading 'http://yadda.yadda.com/yadda/yadda.ao.api.asmx'. The operation has timed-out.I've also tried to create the proxy class using wsdl.exe and receive the same error.Does anyone have an idea how to get this to work?Thanks,Mark You could try opening up the WSDL in internet explorer and saving it as a .WSDL file., You can then add the reference directly from the saved file.Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org I saved it and added it to ...

Can't create Web project using Vs.Net 2003
Sorry, I know this has been covered, but I couldn't find any relevant solutions. Trying to create a Web project at: http://myserver.com/myapp, but I get this message: "The default Web access method for this project is set to file share, but the project folder at 'http://myserver.com/myapp' cannot be opened with the path '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp'. The error returned was: Unable to create Web project 'myapp'. The UNC share '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp' does not exist or you do not have access. It then asks if I would like to retry using path '\\myserver.com\wwwr...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

How to open a VS.NET 2003 project in VS.NET 2002
My colleague created a ASP.NET project by VS.NET 2003. I can not open it by the VS.NET 2002 in my machine. Can I call my colleague to modify some settings on this project and so I can open it by 2002? How to do that? thx...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

Can I buy VB .NET 2003 instead of VS .NET 2003?
Hi if I code my web applications using just Visual Basic can I buy Visual Basic .NET 2003 instead of having to buy the whole Visual Studio .NET 2003?  Will that work the same?  Thanks Hi,     When I got VB.NET 2003, it included VS.NET 2003 (Standard Edition).  I don't think there is a version of VB.NET 2003 that doesn't include VS.NET as the IDE.  While there are some projects templates that are not include in the standard edition, you still have the ASP.NET web application, web service, win forms, etc..., projects available.  If you are asking...

Can i unstall vs.net 2002 after upgrading to vs.net 2003
Can I unsatll visual studio .net 2002 after using the upgrade to visual studio .net 2003. Thers seems to be two version in my programs list. I would like to free up the hard disk space from the previous install. In brief does the upgrade install which appears to be independent of the 2002 install rely on the 2002 install. In my programs I can run 2002 or 2003. However my machine is an older notebook that has limeted hard disk space. thanks in advance Charles Beasley Please replace "unstall" and "unsatll" with the word "uninstall" and in general excu...