I can't find the latest .net 2.0 install ( 2.0.50727.832)

Hello.

Somehow our production servers have the latest .net 2.0 version (2.0.50727.832) and our stage servers have an older one (2.0.50727.42).

I can' t seem to find the .832 installer anywhere.

I downloaded the one on the MS site and it was the .42 version.

Does anyone know where I might find this?

Thanks!

0
jbetts

Just a random guess.. maybe .net framework 2.0 service packs cause the version to change?

Dev
0
devcalpoly
10/30/2008 7:28:52 PM
Yup, its the service pack. You can actually get it by running Windows Update (thats a semi-frequent issue, since people often forget to run Windows Update on staging servers, as they are isolated anyway...)
0
shados
10/30/2008 7:35:53 PM

That totally makes sense.

Our server team doesn't allow us to run service packs, and they usually do updates in chunks (Dev server, then Stage, then Prods).

They probably haven't caught up yet.

Thanks for the info. It helps a lot!

0
jbetts