HTML Server Controls V/s. Web Server Controls?

How does one understand when to use HTML Server Controls & when to use Web Server Controls in a Web Form? In other words, when should HTML Server Controls be used & when should Web Server Controls be used in a Web Form?
Thanks

RON
*********
If you have an apple & I have an apple & we exchange our apples, then each of us will still have only 1 apple but if you have an idea & I have an idea & we exchange our ideas, then each of us will have 2 ideas
0
RN5A

Web Server Controls should always be used. HTML Server controls were meant so that a standard HTML page could easily be adapted to ASP.NET without having to rewrite the entire page. It was meant to make upgrading easier.

Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
7/26/2006 6:01:49 AM
Any other differences, Kevin, other than that?
Thanks

RON
*********
If you have an apple & I have an apple & we exchange our apples, then each of us will still have only 1 apple but if you have an idea & I have an idea & we exchange our ideas, then each of us will have 2 ideas
0
RN5A
7/26/2006 6:35:11 AM
Not really.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones

HTML Server Control or Web Server Control?
Hi, Being new to ASP.NET I have one thing confusing me much. 1. Whats the major difference between HTML Server Control and Web Server Control? 2. Whats the advantage of processing all the HTML Controls in Server? Server will not be overloaded with this? Which one should I use?..Plain HTML or HTML Server Control or Web Server Control? Thanks and Regards _________________ ASP 2 ASP.NET FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/asp/toc.asp Colt Hi Colt, Thanks for the link. I personally prefer server controls - - there are so many more possi...

html server controls and web server controls
hello what is the difference between html server controls and web server controls? what is the main goal of converting html elements to html server controls , so why i can directly use the web server controls instead of converting process? thank you for the help and for the time If you convert a normal html control to a html server control then you can work with and reference it programmatically. MS advises using web controls where possible. But if your application uses vast amounts of html controls its far easier to just apply runat="server" than to re invent them a...

Difference between Web Server control and HTML Server control
 HI, I want to know what is the main difference between html server control and web server controls.Thanks in advanceVikram Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  The difference is that html server controls have syntax and rendering closely mapped to html objects.  Where as web server controls have more relation to the .NET Framework. Web server controls have a richer and wider range of special purpose controls.  Calenders, tree views, etc.. If a post helps you please mark it as an answer.  Is that the only difference...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

Html V/S Web Server Controls
hi everyone!i am new to this forums and as well as in asp.net.  i am doing self study on asp.net 2005 using C# .here i just want to know difference between html server control and web server control. as per my understanding when i drag a control to a web form from the tool box then the code that is automatically comes up in the inline code file is html server control and the code on code behind file is web server control. i am not getting the difference exactly as web controls are all on toolbox but where is html control visually.pls help.  thank you. This is the place to...

How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source.
How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source. Normally, We can add a Web server or HTML server controls to the template in GridView control,just like the Code 1I hope to do the same thing by programming (just like the Code 2), but I can ony add the BoundField,I don't know how to add a CheckBox control to the template in GridView , could you help me? //--------------------------------------------Code 1------------------------------------------------------------<asp:GridView AutoGenerateColumns="False...

HTML Controls or Web Server Controls?
there are  2 different categories of controls in asp.net2.0, the HTML controls and WebServer controls, what are the differences in terms of usage? or in what circumstances each of these 2 categories should be used?Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life The HTML controls are primarily used when porting old ASP applications (or plain HTML) pages to ASP.NET. They are also sometimes used when you want to write large amounts of client-side JavaScript. The ASP.NET server-side controls are used when you want to write server-side code to get/set the values of the controls (but ...

HTML server control and web controls
I would like to know when to use HTML controls with runat=server and web controls? and what is the difference between these two thanksfeed the creative machine The biggeest difference is that you can access a control's properties in the code-behind if it contains 'runat=server'...If you have a label control that you will not need to change in any way, use the HTML control - if you will be changing the text of the label, you can add 'runat=server' to the HTML control or use the label server control... Just remember - to change the text of a label server control, you would co...

How to get control inside datalist web server control
hi, I am using <asp:hyperlink id="hyper"> control in one datalist control, i want to bind url at the time of itemdatabound event so please suggest me how to get this controls handle   See if this works (in C#): protected void DataList1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) { HyperLink hl = e.Item.FindControl("hyper") as HyperLink; hl.NavigateUrl = "whatever"; }  ...

Actual difference between a HTML Server Control and a Web Control
Hi, I have a primitve doubt - what is the precise difference between a HTML control with runat= server  and an ASP.NET web server control.i think i read its something to do with how events are fired and so on but am not very clear...i want to know all the differences at the lifecycle level as well as from the usage point of view.Thanks Thanks and RegardsNirumaThe difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! HTML controls are quick & light, while web controls are more feature rich.Here are more details about the differences between HTML controls and web controls:http:...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for exampl...

Server Control inside Server Control
I'm developing a server control that in turns contains another server control (i.e. Label). I instantiate the label and expose the entire Label through a property.   Imports System Imports System.Web Imports System.Web.UI Public Class Class1     Inherits Control       Dim _label As New WebControls.Label     Public Property L() As WebControls.Label         Get             Return _label         End Get ...

Server Controls Within Server Controls
I'm a little new to server controls so this question may seem silly, but has anyone had trouble with events from custom server controls that are embedded in other custom server controls? I'm trying to create a composite control that creates a list of items and creates an instance of another composite control for each item. So for example the list could be a collection of addresses that has an editor composite control for each item. The editor composite control allows the user to edit the item and click on a save button. This works fine if it is on it's own (ie not part of the list ...

Web resources about - HTML Server Controls V/s. Web Server Controls? - asp.net.getting-started

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

WA fires: threatening Jindalee blaze brought under control
A fire that was at one stage a threat to lives on homes in Jindalee on Thursday has been brought under control.

Queensland police shut down out-of-control party in Berserker, Rockhampton
Police shut down a party of 150 young people who had gathered at a house in Berserker, Rockhampton on Friday night.

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
... , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with the dynamic stability control ...

ESI cost control and networks
There is an interesting discussion thread on Twitter about how the way Medicare for All saves money is by significantly reducing provider, device, ...

While No One Was Watching, Obama Took Control of the Courts
... and President Obama’s legacy.” It didn’t favor conservatives but there was a dramatic shift to the far left. The appellate is under the control ...

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...

Leonardo DiCaprio: The Oscar stuff is ‘completely beyond my control at this point’
... last night’s London premiere of The Revenant . Leo is looking pretty good these days. He’s de-bloated, his facial hair is very much under control, ...