html server controls and web server controls

hello

what is the difference between html server controls and web server controls?
what is the main goal of converting html elements to html server controls , so why i can directly use the web server controls instead of converting process?
thank you for the help and for the time
0
wissam1

If you convert a normal html control to a html server control then you can work with and reference it programmatically.

MS advises using web controls where possible. But if your application uses vast amounts of html controls its far easier to just apply runat="server" than to re invent them all.

MCAD.Net vb.net
0
midi25
2/2/2005 11:21:44 AM
Hello, I recommend you check this nice tutorial : ASP.NET Lessons

regards
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
2/2/2005 12:56:49 PM
hello

thank you for the support
when you say ( just supply runat="server" than to re invent them all.) you mean that to convert html controls to html server controls either to re invent html controls to web server controls?
thank you again for the help and for the time
0
wissam1
2/3/2005 6:45:33 AM
hello

thank you for the support
0
wissam1
2/3/2005 6:47:52 AM
Yes I mean its far easier to just apply an id and runat="server" to an html element.

Than deleting them all and creating web server controls.
That is if your application already has numerous pre existing html elements.
If you are writing from scracth them just use web server controls.
MCAD.Net vb.net
0
midi25
2/3/2005 10:50:11 AM
Hello, adding runat="server" and Id=" " makes the html control a server control, but in both you have a full variety of controls, so choose among them one category and work with.

regards
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
2/3/2005 2:12:07 PM
hello

thank you for the help and for the support
0
wissam1
2/4/2005 7:18:40 AM
Glad I was able to help you my friend.

best regards
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal

HTML Server Control or Web Server Control?
Hi, Being new to ASP.NET I have one thing confusing me much. 1. Whats the major difference between HTML Server Control and Web Server Control? 2. Whats the advantage of processing all the HTML Controls in Server? Server will not be overloaded with this? Which one should I use?..Plain HTML or HTML Server Control or Web Server Control? Thanks and Regards _________________ ASP 2 ASP.NET FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/09/asp/toc.asp Colt Hi Colt, Thanks for the link. I personally prefer server controls - - there are so many more possi...

Difference between Web Server control and HTML Server control
 HI, I want to know what is the main difference between html server control and web server controls.Thanks in advanceVikram Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you  The difference is that html server controls have syntax and rendering closely mapped to html objects.  Where as web server controls have more relation to the .NET Framework. Web server controls have a richer and wider range of special purpose controls.  Calenders, tree views, etc.. If a post helps you please mark it as an answer.  Is that the only difference...

HTML Server Controls V/s. Web Server Controls?
How does one understand when to use HTML Server Controls & when to use Web Server Controls in a Web Form? In other words, when should HTML Server Controls be used & when should Web Server Controls be used in a Web Form?ThanksRON*********If you have an apple & I have an apple & we exchange our apples, then each of us will still have only 1 apple but if you have an idea & I have an idea & we exchange our ideas, then each of us will have 2 ideas Web Server Controls should always be used. HTML Server controls were meant so that a standard HTML page could ...

Web Server Control Containing another Web Server Control?
I'm building a web server control that needs to include functionality from 3rd party web server control, ASPNetMenu. My web server control needs to render ASPNetMenu at runtime to create a menu. I'd like to do this so that my control's parent ASPX page does not need to register ASPNetMenu or make any configuration changes as this should be done through my web server control. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Mike - Cache entire web sites at the client and server and keep cache current. Cache just got easier! There are two articles that you would want to be int...

How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source.
How to add a Web server or HTML server controls (such as CheckBox) to the template in GridView and bind the controls to a data source. Normally, We can add a Web server or HTML server controls to the template in GridView control,just like the Code 1I hope to do the same thing by programming (just like the Code 2), but I can ony add the BoundField,I don't know how to add a CheckBox control to the template in GridView , could you help me? //--------------------------------------------Code 1------------------------------------------------------------<asp:GridView AutoGenerateColumns="False...

HTML server control and web controls
I would like to know when to use HTML controls with runat=server and web controls? and what is the difference between these two thanksfeed the creative machine The biggeest difference is that you can access a control's properties in the code-behind if it contains 'runat=server'...If you have a label control that you will not need to change in any way, use the HTML control - if you will be changing the text of the label, you can add 'runat=server' to the HTML control or use the label server control... Just remember - to change the text of a label server control, you would co...

HTML Controls or Web Server Controls?
there are  2 different categories of controls in asp.net2.0, the HTML controls and WebServer controls, what are the differences in terms of usage? or in what circumstances each of these 2 categories should be used?Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life The HTML controls are primarily used when porting old ASP applications (or plain HTML) pages to ASP.NET. They are also sometimes used when you want to write large amounts of client-side JavaScript. The ASP.NET server-side controls are used when you want to write server-side code to get/set the values of the controls (but ...

Actual difference between a HTML Server Control and a Web Control
Hi, I have a primitve doubt - what is the precise difference between a HTML control with runat= server  and an ASP.NET web server control.i think i read its something to do with how events are fired and so on but am not very clear...i want to know all the differences at the lifecycle level as well as from the usage point of view.Thanks Thanks and RegardsNirumaThe difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! HTML controls are quick & light, while web controls are more feature rich.Here are more details about the differences between HTML controls and web controls:http:...

How to get control inside datalist web server control
hi, I am using <asp:hyperlink id="hyper"> control in one datalist control, i want to bind url at the time of itemdatabound event so please suggest me how to get this controls handle   See if this works (in C#): protected void DataList1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) { HyperLink hl = e.Item.FindControl("hyper") as HyperLink; hl.NavigateUrl = "whatever"; }  ...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for exampl...

Server Control inside Server Control
I'm developing a server control that in turns contains another server control (i.e. Label). I instantiate the label and expose the entire Label through a property.   Imports System Imports System.Web Imports System.Web.UI Public Class Class1     Inherits Control       Dim _label As New WebControls.Label     Public Property L() As WebControls.Label         Get             Return _label         End Get ...

Server Controls Within Server Controls
I'm a little new to server controls so this question may seem silly, but has anyone had trouble with events from custom server controls that are embedded in other custom server controls? I'm trying to create a composite control that creates a list of items and creates an instance of another composite control for each item. So for example the list could be a collection of addresses that has an editor composite control for each item. The editor composite control allows the user to edit the item and click on a save button. This works fine if it is on it's own (ie not part of the list ...

Web resources about - html server controls and web server controls - asp.net.getting-started

Tarago bushfire brought under control
A bushfire which burnt out close to 120 hectares near Tarago on Monday afternoon has been brought under control.

Grassfire near Leneva in Victoria's north-east now under control, fire authorities say
A grassfire burning near Leneva in Victoria's north-east is now under control, fire authorities say.

Hyundai recalls Elantra to fix stability control system
Filed under: Recalls , Hyundai , Safety , Sedan , Budget Starting in February Hyundai will recall 155,000 Elantras from the 2011 and 2012 model ...

Using Amazon Echo to control your home? There's a minor change you need to know about
It may be a minority who use the Amazon Echo to control home automation, in fact it likely is. But there are folks who do it, and it can, and ...

I've heard a rumor from Ground Control/Oh no, don't say it's true....
"David Bowie, the infinitely changeable, fiercely forward-looking songwriter... died on Sunday, two days after his 69th birthday...."

Ford is partnering with Amazon to let you control your house from your car
Ford has announced a partnership with Amazon to bring the Echo's personal assistant speech technology into their vehicles. This will allow for ...

Want to Stay Comfortable? Ask Government to Mandate Temperature Controls on Thermometers
... ” should be considered for summer months, e.g. a maximum allowable temperature reading of 85 degrees Fahrenheit on all thermostats to control ...

Pro-gun control Brady Campaign to endorse Clinton - CNNPolitics.com
The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence will endorse Hillary Clinton for president Tuesday in Iowa, the former secretary of state's campaign ...

Is There A Gun Control Issue Chris Christie Hasn't Flip Flopped On?
... while they are campaigning for a higher office, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a man change his entire position on one issue (gun control) ...