html control and web control

Hi

i am getting confused when i should use html controls and when i should use web controls.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

I can do it!
0
Jessmmy

if you need any server side programability or events then user Web. If you want pure HTML then use HTML controls....
0
Curt_C
5/2/2006 2:43:17 AM
Is there anything in particular you are confused about? Here are a few things to consider:
  1. It's a tough question to answer without knowing the specifics of your application.
  2. HTML controls do not have as many features with their web server control counterparts.
  3. HTML controls could be a good idea if you were converting some existing web pages that used html controls.
  4. There are many more web controls to choose from that offer functionality that just cannot be found with html controls. Just have a look at your toolbox in Visual Studio.
  5. Web controls have properties and methods that are much more consistent with the .NET way of doing things.
  6. If you plan on extending controls and customizing information, web server controls are the way to go.
  7. Web controls can be hooked up with validation controls.
If you have any specific concerns then just ask.

James Steele
0
James
5/2/2006 2:51:00 AM

For example, I just use some labels to display some information. As you guys said, all I need is to use the html controls?

I can do it!
0
Jessmmy
5/2/2006 4:16:25 AM

If that is all you are doing then sure, html controls will be just fine.

James Steele

0
James
5/2/2006 4:19:09 AM

if the label is static text, sure.

If you need to set it from the code, then no, use a Web/Asp: control

0
Curt_C

Web control in web control

HTML Controls or Web Server Controls?
there are  2 different categories of controls in asp.net2.0, the HTML controls and WebServer controls, what are the differences in terms of usage? or in what circumstances each of these 2 categories should be used?Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life The HTML controls are primarily used when porting old ASP applications (or plain HTML) pages to ASP.NET. They are also sometimes used when you want to write large amounts of client-side JavaScript. The ASP.NET server-side controls are used when you want to write server-side code to get/set the values of the controls (but ...

what is the difference between Html controls and web controls?
hello what is the difference between Html controls and web controls? thank you for the time and for the help The HTML control is the standard control. The Web Forms control maps back to a class on the server. so An HTML Button is an input control A Web Forms Button works more like a winforms button in that it has an onclick event that fires on the server during a postback. etc...Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ html control is just an enhancement of the input type...

difference between html controls and web controls?
I get confused with the differences between the two Hi, When would you use one versus the other? Please refer to the following thread: diffrence b/w HTML Controls and Web Controls Alister...

HTML Controls vs Web Controls
Is there a cut and dry or "best practice" answer for when to use straight HTML, the HTML controls (runat=server), or the web controls? Thanks! You could have a look here: ASP.NET Server Controls Recommendations and here, perhaps: Introduction to ASP.NET Server Controls-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks!!!...

When to use web control and Html control
I am designing a web application in which onclick a form becomes visible containing set of text boxes and other fields. How shoud I design it. I am not able to figure out difference between web form controls and html controls. Shrinivas...

HTML server control and web controls
I would like to know when to use HTML controls with runat=server and web controls? and what is the difference between these two thanksfeed the creative machine The biggeest difference is that you can access a control's properties in the code-behind if it contains 'runat=server'...If you have a label control that you will not need to change in any way, use the HTML control - if you will be changing the text of the label, you can add 'runat=server' to the HTML control or use the label server control... Just remember - to change the text of a label server control, you would co...

Who uses Web Controls/HTML Controls?
I'm currently making the migration from ColdFusion to asp.net and I have a few questions. 1. Does anybody really use the Web/HTML Controls? CF has something similar <cfform> but I never use it because I'm a believer in separating html from application logic/control. And I like being in control of what goes on in my apps. However, I find the Web/HTML Controls interesting. 2. Is there a standard framework that people use to organize their code? I like using MVC (Model, View, Controller) to create true N-tier applications. Just wondering what others use. 3. Is anybody using Flash...

Which is more efficient
Hi all, If in a stage, I can use both HTML control and Web control, which control should I use - HTML or Web control? Which one of them would be more efficient? Thanking you in advance, Tomy HTML ones for sure, anyway the web contolrs are rendered to HTML ones at the server side.  Regards,Mohamed Hasan Use HTML ones if you can, as eventually the web controls are changed and rendered as HTML controls to client ie browser.AT2007 It actually depends on what is most important to you. On one hand the HTML controls are thinner and faster from an application point ...

Html controls vs. Web controls

html server controls and web server controls
hello what is the difference between html server controls and web server controls? what is the main goal of converting html elements to html server controls , so why i can directly use the web server controls instead of converting process? thank you for the help and for the time If you convert a normal html control to a html server control then you can work with and reference it programmatically. MS advises using web controls where possible. But if your application uses vast amounts of html controls its far easier to just apply runat="server" than to re invent them a...

HTML controls vs Web Controls #2
    Hi All,   What is the differnce between HTML controls and web controls?   Some of the things which could be done by web application, could also be   be done by Web Controls.   So, why HTML controls are being provided.   What is the use of that having two different controls web controls and HTML controls?   Regards Abdul      The main difference is the Web Server Controls are generated on the server side and turned into HTML and can be used in the code behind, the HTML controls are just static HTML markup. The S...

Web resources about - html control and web control - asp.net.getting-started

How effective are parental controls for your child's safety?
... situation. Parents need to find ways to protect their children when they are not around to monitor it themselves. The Use of Parental Controls ...

Kurt Vile, Superchunk, Deer Tick, Waxahatchee, Parquet Courts, Sonic Youth members & more celebrated ...
photos by Amanda Hatfield; words by Bill Pearis Parquet Courts & Lee Ranaldo / Rainer Maria & Meredith Graves / Kurt Vile & Kim Gordon / Waxahatche ...

San Bernardino shooting and the politics of gun control
"It's not enough to keep lamenting these things," Democratic Sen.

Kylie Jenner & her very thin Greyhounds were investigated by Animal Control
... healthy (you can see some screencaps from the Snapchats here ). So… Kylie was investigated by the LA County Department of Animal Care and Control. ...

Even Morning Joe Isn't Buying Carly Fiorina's Gun Control Plan
If you are a Republican Presidential Candidate, the issue of paramount importance, following a gun massacre, is the expression of prayer. 'The ...

Obama Planning To Pull The Trigger On Gun Control Executive Order
Obama Planning To Pull The Trigger On Gun Control Executive Order

Your opinion on gun control doesn't matter
... will die by guns than in car accidents this year. In practice, this is a public health crisis. If you still bristle at the idea of gun control, ...

Amy Schumer Tweets About Gun Control After San Bernardino Mass Shooting: 'It Doesn't Have to Be This ...
Amy Schumer Tweets About Gun Control After San Bernardino Mass Shooting: 'It Doesn't Have to Be This Way'

Chinese Hacker Group Uses Dropbox for Malware Command and Control
NEWS ANALYSIS: The current malware threat isn't targeting U.S. interests now, but the hacker group could easily turn its attention in that direction ...