How to upload file without using html file control

hi

i want to know how to upload files without using <input type=file ... > control.means without browsing and selecting the file. i know due to security issues its not allowed that we assign value to file control. but there must be some way of doing it.

i heard this can be done using  "HTTP POST" ?  or by opening a socket conenction with the web server?

please help

Irfan Zafar
0
irfanzafar

Using HTTP POST requires that you use a form and, therefore, use a HtmlInputFile Control. Obviously this isn't what you want to do.

The only solution is to write an ActiveX Control/WinForm that you embed into your page and which locates the file and then sends it to the web server.

I suggest posting a question on a WinForm/ActiveX forum.

Also, this article in MSDN website should help.

Steven Bey

Recursion: see Recursion
0
stevenbey

How to upload file without using file control...???
Hi, I have List of file path of Client. say "C:/WordDoc/Document1.doc". Now i want to upload this file to server.I dont want to use File Upload or Input File HTLM Control. Only i have is Path in some lable or text box. Now, How to upload this file from client to server? I dont have idea on it. Java has Third party API for uploading but i dont have idea on it. Can one help me on it. Whether some ActiveX or API avialble to do so. Thank You In Advance...!!!   ---Bhavin I can't see any worthwhile reason to not use the FileUpload control, but..... http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/....

Uploading Files without using File control
Hi Everyone, I'm in need of a feature where i need to upload a file without using File control. Anyone have pointers to go about it ? I've already gone through this tutorial: http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010522.htmbut when i try to run the code it gives me the error on window 2000 PC:"Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain."even though security setting set to "Low". And on XP machine i get the error:"Can't create automation server" (or something like that not entirely sure)My actual requirement is to upload a file using AJAX.Help will be gr...

File Upload: Without using File Input control
Can anybody just tell me how to store a single file from client machine on to server without using a HTML File Input Control. Regards, Kiran You can use the FileUpload control, but that just renders an HTML file input control in the end.  If you don't want to use any HTML stuff, you could use an ActiveX control.  There are plenty available by searching.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! I tried to find from your serach string but I could not find the exact code in Asp.Net. Can you Please send me&nbs...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

How to upload file without using file control in 1.1?
I saw several examples of file control.  Works great!  But I am looking to incorporate this in a webservice that will receive the path parameter and upload the file. Is this possible using 1.1 code? Hi, not directly. You still need to upload the file to your webform but instead of saving it you pass it to the generated proxy of the webservice as a byte array (byte[]) parameter. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers. Anyways, How can i read a files Byte[] - the file that exists on the client without uploading to the server? Hi, nimish:How can i ...

How can Upload file without using input (file) control
I want to save image in the database from client PC. I use ASP.NET 1.1, Using C#, sql server 2000.  I took a hidden field (picHidden) and store filePath in it. Input (file) control is not allowed b/c I took the image using Web Cam in an Image Web Control. I did by it using the following code   FileStream fs = new FileStream(picHidden.Value,FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); byte[] ImageData = new byte[fs.Length]; fs.Read(ImageData,0,Convert.ToInt16 (fs.Length)); emp.UpdateEmployeepic(this.sEmpId, ImageData);   The problem is, my code work fine when I run...

how to get author from file when upload using upload control using javascript
function CheckSchemaFileExistence() { var Schemafilename=document.getElementById('<%= this.flUploadB.ClientID %>').value;if(Schemafilename.length>0) {return true; } else { alert("File Name cannot be empty");return false; } }   we written code in button click . i need a file author name . how to find it can any tell me . thanks in advance Hi harish448 For your information, I know you want to get the file's author name, which from client-side But I think Not all type of files have the attribute of "author name" (I think on...

Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?
I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work Your help is appreciated. Mark as an answer if it helps. ...

Upload multiple files to the server without using File Upload
I want to upload multiple files to the server without using input type file (File Upload). Is there a way to do this. What I want to do is retrieve multiple file paths (paths are displayed in a user control like text boxes) and upload those files to the server as a bunch. I tried to set the value of the File Upload cotrol (using javascript) but it was not succeed since attributes of the File Upload are readonly. (document.getElementById("fileUploadValue").value = "C:\Test.txt") Is there a way to override the values in File Upload control or is there a way to up...

Convert file on a path to "Stream" without the use of html "file" control
Hello, Basically I am building a CMS of sorts, I have built in the functionality to generate a thumbnail of an image that get's catalogued, I then take my original file and transfer it to the server along with the thumbnail - which is all working fine... Using the html file control accpets the following: (name - "fileImage") Dim x As Stream = fileImage.PostedFile.InputStream() Which is fine - one file at a time, however I need to build in the functionality to get all the image files from a directory and batch transfer them. basically I will have the path similar to:...

Add link buttons to each file uploaded using File upload control
Hi,   In my application I have one file upload control. When the user selectes a file to upload and when he clicks on Attach button I need to show him the file name of the file he selected to upload and also show the Remove link button after the file name. In this case I need to generate link button dynamically. I wrote a code like the following:protected void btnAttach_ServerClick(object sender, EventArgs e) {string strFileName = MyFile.PostedFile.FileName;string c = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(strFileName); listBoxAttachedFiles.Items.Add(c);LinkButton b = new LinkButton(); b.Te...

Is there any limitation of file types that file upload control can be used to upload?
I am working on a content management system which requires me to upload WebEx recording files (.wrf) through file upload control. But I am getting "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" error. It worked with other files types as txt, doc, xls, pdf, jpg, gif etc. Is it related to any security issue or just a bug with the file upload control?  Thank you. The file upload control doesn't have any file type limitations that I'm aware of, but it does have some size constraints.  By default, ASP.NET is configured to not accept any file's larger than 4...

Upload file withouit using the file control
hi is there a way to upload files withouit using the  file control Not that I know of. I would require some kind of component to be installed Client Side (ActiveX etc.). Read this article for more information.RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se--------------------------------...

To increase file size upload option of a html file upload control in 1.1
Hi, whenever i try uploading files greater than 15kb or so, my file control fails. But smaller files are easily uploaded. Please helpIf you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants! Hi, the default maximum upload size of the total form data, so not only your fileupload, is limited to 4Mb. You can increase that number by overriding the default settings in the web.config. Alter the <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="" /> attribute. Dealing with the maximum upload size of ASP.NET. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web ...

Web resources about - How to upload file without using html file control - asp.net.getting-started

Bill Clinton Accuser Numbers Shock CNN Anchor In Cosby Arrest Segment
To his detractors, former president Bill Clinton’s legacy is marked by his sex scandal accusers — something that’s been pointed to as Bill Cosby ...

'Affluenza' Teen's Mom Did Not Break Any Texas Laws: Lawyer
'Affluenza' Teen's Mom Did Not Break Any Texas Laws: Lawyer

Report: China hacked Hotmail accounts and Microsoft didn't notify customers
After a report revealed Microsoft failed to notify users that Chinese authorities had hacked into more than 1,000 Hotmail email accounts, the ...

Allegiant Air Flight Makes Emergency Landing in Tennessee
Allegiant Air flight makes emergency landing at Tennessee airport; no injuries

Ben Carson’s Former Campaign Manager Speaks About Decision To Leave
Ben Carson’s presidential campaign went through a big shakeup Thursday, with his two top aides resigning at once . Communications director Doug ...

Why didn't high-priced/pseudoscientific "behavioral profiling" work in San Bernardino?
San Bernardino is ground zero for the bunkum industry that sells "behavioral detection" courses to law enforcement, the place where the most ...

In Reversal, Twitter to Let Politwoops Collect Politicians' Deleted Tweets
New York Times In Reversal, Twitter to Let Politwoops Collect Politicians' Deleted Tweets New York Times Politwoops will once again be able ...

Iran: US sanctions for missile tests would be 'illegal'
Iran is condeming reported U.S. plans to sanction the country after two ballistic missile tests.

22 Dead, 2 Missing in Record Flooding Across Midwest
NBCNews.com 22 Dead, 2 Missing in Record Flooding Across Midwest ABC News Rivers cresting at record highs are causing widespread flooding ...

BBC hit by widespread outages taking website and iPlayer offline - Technology - The Guardian
UK public broadcaster apologises as its internet services are taken down in what may have been a DDoS attack affecting its website, apps and ...