How to upload a file using input(file) tool

Hello Guys,

I would like to know that how to upload a file using the input(file) tool. I mean i need the code for that..I have placed that tool in the page..Now how to attach and upload that file to the server...

Please help me!!!!!!!

Pramod

0
pramos

g2000
4/19/2006 12:31:28 PM

Hi Pramod!

Below is a very simple example of one way to do it:

if (FileUploadControl.HasFile) {

FileUploadControl.SaveAs(@"C:\PathToAPhysicalDirectory\" + FileUploadControl.FileName);

}

Make sure you have the right permissions set on the target directory.

0
David
4/19/2006 12:53:05 PM

AspInet dll contain  FTPCLASS,from that you can upload/download files.

0
vtrajan

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

File Upload: Without using File Input control
Can anybody just tell me how to store a single file from client machine on to server without using a HTML File Input Control. Regards, Kiran You can use the FileUpload control, but that just renders an HTML file input control in the end.  If you don't want to use any HTML stuff, you could use an ActiveX control.  There are plenty available by searching.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! I tried to find from your serach string but I could not find the exact code in Asp.Net. Can you Please send me&nbs...

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

How can Upload file without using input (file) control
I want to save image in the database from client PC. I use ASP.NET 1.1, Using C#, sql server 2000.  I took a hidden field (picHidden) and store filePath in it. Input (file) control is not allowed b/c I took the image using Web Cam in an Image Web Control. I did by it using the following code   FileStream fs = new FileStream(picHidden.Value,FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); byte[] ImageData = new byte[fs.Length]; fs.Read(ImageData,0,Convert.ToInt16 (fs.Length)); emp.UpdateEmployeepic(this.sEmpId, ImageData);   The problem is, my code work fine when I run...

Uploading Multiple Files to your Webserver using only one File Input control
Does anyone know of a way to pload multiple files to your webserver using only one file input control, while also adding the filename to a column in your database. I have been searching the net forever and can only find articles that show you how to do multiple file uploads but with a file input box for each file to upload. I want one input box where you could select multiple files, hit submit, and they all upload at once and the filename is recorded to the database. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I don't think it's possible. Have you seen an example some...

upload file using input control: keep the selected file displayed
 Hello,I'm using an input control that allows the user to select a file to upload:<input id="File1" type="file" runat="server" size="60" />When the user selects a file and after PostBack, the input file control is blank. How do I make it keep the value of the selected file ?Thanks. Hi ultravi0let, Set EnableViewState property on the FileUpload or INPUT control to "true" MausyIf this post answers your question please "mark it as answer" on the title of the post in order to inform other users! Thanks. Mausy  ...

how to get author from file when upload using upload control using javascript
function CheckSchemaFileExistence() { var Schemafilename=document.getElementById('<%= this.flUploadB.ClientID %>').value;if(Schemafilename.length>0) {return true; } else { alert("File Name cannot be empty");return false; } }   we written code in button click . i need a file author name . how to find it can any tell me . thanks in advance Hi harish448 For your information, I know you want to get the file's author name, which from client-side But I think Not all type of files have the attribute of "author name" (I think on...

Upload file from remote Computer using File Upload
Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?     RamarjunK:Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?  you can. when the file open dialog box comes, choose my network places, select the corrosponging share, specify the credentials.  then choose the file.you haven't do any thing special, coding is same .Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish a...

Using the File upload <input type='File'>
 Hi,Im using the <input tag with type='File' its an HTML control i set the method to post and enctype="multipart/form-data" on the server side i need to write it to or save the contents of that file. The file im uploading  is an image i dont want to use the <asp:File upload control i want to save this image on the Server.Please help me regarding this.And i dont want to make this <input type='File' tag to runat server i want it as a HTML control and its contents accessed with the request.form.Thanks in advanceRegards,Francis  Ferns Hi, ...

Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?
I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work Your help is appreciated. Mark as an answer if it helps. ...

Upload multiple files to the server without using File Upload
I want to upload multiple files to the server without using input type file (File Upload). Is there a way to do this. What I want to do is retrieve multiple file paths (paths are displayed in a user control like text boxes) and upload those files to the server as a bunch. I tried to set the value of the File Upload cotrol (using javascript) but it was not succeed since attributes of the File Upload are readonly. (document.getElementById("fileUploadValue").value = "C:\Test.txt") Is there a way to override the values in File Upload control or is there a way to up...

Problem in Upload file size validation(file upload tool)
I am using an asp file upload tool. The maximum size of the uploaded file should be 10 MB. I had written validation in the codebehind for showing a message box(javascript). But in the web.config file the MaxRequestLength is given as 10 MB. so when the user tries to upload a file with size greater than the maximum file size, the control is going to the one page(page cannot be displayed). So for showing the user an error message, what can be done other than incresing the MaxRequestLength ..?? Hello, This is common issue with file size restriction. It happens because the browser can'...

problems uploading a file... using the HtmlFileUpload control (<input type="file" ...>)
hey everyone, Im trying to run the following code...  1 public static void UploadItem(HttpPostedFile UploadedFile) { 2 3 int _fileLength = UploadedFile.ContentLength; 4 byte[] _data = new byte[_fileLength]; 5 6 UploadedFile.InputStream.Read(_data, 0, _fileLength); 7 8 string _filePath = "C:\\Development\\MBS Podcast\\MBSPodcast\\items"; 9 using (FileStream _fs = new FileStream(_filePath, FileMode.Create)) { 10 try { 11 12 _fs.Write(_data, 0, _data.Length); 13 14 } catch (UnauthorizedAcces...

Is there any limitation of file types that file upload control can be used to upload?
I am working on a content management system which requires me to upload WebEx recording files (.wrf) through file upload control. But I am getting "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" error. It worked with other files types as txt, doc, xls, pdf, jpg, gif etc. Is it related to any security issue or just a bug with the file upload control?  Thank you. The file upload control doesn't have any file type limitations that I'm aware of, but it does have some size constraints.  By default, ASP.NET is configured to not accept any file's larger than 4...

Web resources about - How to upload a file using input(file) tool - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia:File Upload Wizard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You are not currently logged in. Sorry, in order to use this uploading script and to upload files, you need to be logged in with your named ...

Video On Instagram: 5M Uploads In First 24 Hours
How quickly did Video on Instagram catch on? CNET reported that 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours after the feature debuted ...

Hans de Borst - Handy-Uploads - Facebook
English version - made by Lennart Peeters. Thank you very much mister Putin, leaders of the separatists or the Ukraine government! For murdering ...

upload-12
Visit the post for more.

Manage folders and upload files, now in Amazon Cloud Drive
... recent update should cheer you up. The updated version, released on Oct. 10, brings great new features that allow you to manage folders, upload ...

Coming Soon: Facebook Will Ask If You’re Really, Really Sure You Want To Upload That Photo From Last ...
... artificial intelligence knows better: the social media behemoth is working on technology that will warn users when they’re about to upload photos ...

Guy Uploads A Ton Of KMart Background Music To The Internet
... worked at K-Mart. Part of his job was playing pre-recorded cassettes sent in from the corporate office. Luckily for us, he saved them and uploaded ...

Twitch announces VOD feature and video uploads
At it's first-annual TwitchCon, the video-streaming service announced that broadcasters will be able to schedule saved streams and uploaded videos ...

Twitch Users Will Now Be Able To Upload Pre-Recorded Videos
Twitch Users Will Now Be Able To Upload Pre-Recorded Videos

England Uploads Free Digital Model of the Entire Country After Minecraft Players Ask For It
Laser scanning has helped England do everything from discovering new things about Stonehenge to planning better flood infrastructure . Now, the ...