How to start Start 1st (FIRST) new web application

I opened Visual Studio.net

Clicked on file
New
Visual Basic Projects
ASP.NET web application
it gives error
says the project doesnot exists or you donot have access
\\MCS-VEA94ZEQ50A\wwwroot$\WebApplication1
Please help how to open new project n asp.net
0
vikaspa

Do you have IIS running on your machine?
Jimmym
8/17/2003 3:49:08 AM
Hello,

first of all you should be sure that your iis is running fine. You can test if you open your web browser and just type in 'http://localhost'. Then you should see a page called 'Under Construction'. If this failed you must install the iis on your local machine.
HTH,
Karsten
0
kbrocksi_SEC

How did we start a process when the web application is starting?
Hi guys!I'm doing a newsletter and i need to send mail every 24 hours. I need the process to start when the application start. I'm pretty new in asp.net(coming from java). What do i need to do? A simple sample of what the web.config must look like and the Class would be very appreciated. I've looked at some books but they don't talk about it. Someone can help me on it?Thank you so muchPascal Add a Global.asax file to your project Add a static timer as a member, set for your period (24 * 60 * 60 * 1000) milliseconds.  Set the timer to auto re-start When the http application starts,. ...

How to start a new tread on application start?
Hi, I want to be able to run a bunch of house keeping stuff daily from my asp.net application. Is it as simple as starting a new thread in the application start method and putting a timer on the thread? Thanks I'm not sure you can put a timer on a tread; however, you can create as many thread as you need and assign a task to them -- they run independent of each other. Dim trd As Thread trd = New Thread(AddressOf MyProcedure) trd.IsBackground = True trd.Start() mike...

Application on start and session on start
Hello friends, I got a basic question for you all.Can some one explain to me when exactly are the application on start and session on start are used , with a simple example.Thanks in advance. Ashok. I have been curious of the very same thing. From what Ive read, application_start is fired the first time a request is made and the application hasnt been started yet. Now Im still not sure when the application ends though. I know it ends if IIS stops. It also ends if a recompile is done in the /bin folder. But Ive also read that it is supposed to also die after a certain amount of time o...

How to set Thunderbird to start or to not start when Windows starts?
New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics. I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want it to start each time at boot up. Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when Windows starts in WinXP ? I have looked in the registry, in the profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section. Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070709080209030101050405 Content...

Starting allready started!?!
I started develop sites, when I was young with ASP, just for curiosity, and so on carry it like a hobby. Today I’m creating a forum in ASP.Net, which I wished have the same editing text like we’ve here in learn visual studio, but anyway, now I want get some money from it. Haven’t been easy to do this forum, but I think I can handle it. This forum have criptografation, because only restricted people can enter in this app, every discussion is recorded in an XML file. Well I’m thinking that I’m doing a good Job. So how much should I ask for it? Is measuring how much I suffer to get it? ...

Start up when Windows starts up?
Name: Christopher Bothma Email: chrisjboatgmaildotcom Product: Sunbird Summary: Start up when Windows starts up? Comments: I think that Sunbird is a wonderful application, as I only discovered it a few days ago. However, it would be nice if I could select it to start automatically when Windows starts up, as I can't seem to find it. Reason being is that I have set tasks and reminders, but if I haven't launched Sunbird, it doesn't alert me if I'm busy with other applications. It would be cool to have the option to alert me as soon as windows has started. ...

Start stop and then start again
Name: Bill Butler Email: b143datearthlinkdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Start stop and then start again Comments: FireFox starts microsoft reports that it must shut down then I restart it and all is well. I uninstalled it, and downloaded fresh, installed and it does the same thing. Windows XP, updated daily. ??????????????????????? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Getting started with web application
I'm new to Visual Studio and I have trouble getting 'just started'. So I have a couple of questions.   First of all, is there a tutorial which will take me through the first steps of getting started? Current tutorials have not done the trick.   Second, if such a tutorial does not exist, What is the base to start? A web application (as I suppose) or a project? It must be possible to work with two programmers simultaneously. In such conditions, what is preferred?   Third, the layout of the website is as follows: a division into four parts with the menu on the left, the 'm...

from where to start and how to start web mobile site
i have developed web site in asp.net 2005 C# for earthquake in pakistan http://www.perra.gon.pk , now i want to creat this site for mobile users.now from wat to do first i donot know about any thing about mobile website.tnx For starters take at look at these two msdn articles:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178619.aspxhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mwsdk/html/mworiWelcometotheMobileInternetControlsRuntime.asp ...

Truely just getting started, so where should I start?
I've already been working a thread on a good reference/learning book.  but truely I'm just getting started.  I've a background with HTML and some CSS But this is my first foray into any sort of application language.  I've had an interest in PHP and ASP but have only recently started to make the effort to learn.  I'm starting with the videos available here and they are great for learning the development application but I've not the programming background to easily absorb some of the more programming based processes.  I've no college resources where I'm at other than o...

Starting an application as soon as IIS starts
Is there a way to force IIS to start my application as soon as it starts, and not wait for the first request for that application?  Reason: I have an application that's deployed within IIS. I want to write some code within global.asax that will report the availability of my application to a central repository. This way this repository would list my IIS as serving this application (I'm going to have multiple IIS on multiple machines, so the repository needs to know which ones are up at any given time). It's a SOA kind of thing, where each IIS should report what services...

Stop and Start a Web Application using Application Pool contains may Web Applications
Hi, In my IIS 6.0, there is a Application Pool. This Application Pool contains 5 Asp.net Web Application. But I need to stop and restart one particular Web Application. How to do that? What is the process to start and stop a Asp.net Web Application. when the Web Application uses a Application Pool and the Particular Application Pool contains other Web Application as well.?     if you want like that then create separate application pool for each web application. Then you can start and stop one particular web application. Other easy way is just modify the web.config file of you...

what shall i do if i want some applications to start-up at system started
like the title openSUSE 11.3 KDE -- vennebbbr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ When do you want said program to start really? It would help if we knew what program in order to advice when it should be started. If when the Desktop starts just put a script/or shortcut in ~/.kde4/Autostart -- gogalthorp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gogalthorp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=37208 View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=450936 ...

Web resources about - How to start Start 1st (FIRST) new web application - asp.net.getting-started

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

Unphased By AG's Study, Kinder Morgan Files Application With Feds To Build Gas Pipeline
On Friday, Tennessee Gas Pipeline, a subsidiary of the Houston-based energy company Kinder Morgan, filed an application with federal regulators ...