How to solve "The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'GlobalResources' " error?

Hi all,

I added GlobalResources.resx file, and after that I added some new GlobalResources.en-UK.resx and GlobalResources.en-USA.resx in to the same App_GlobalResources folder. and when I run that, I got the following error. Anyone know how to solve that? Thanks in advance.

The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'GlobalResources' c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\test\fd6f5dcd\3422fafa\App_GlobalResources.gzcj0ni8.1.cs 26

0
NingIE

I have the same issue even though it's described on msdn here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fw69ke6f(VS.80).aspx

http://learnerps-dotnet.blogspot.com
0
learnerplates
8/7/2008 3:41:05 PM

Thanks friend.

0
NingIE

error with pop calendar " 'files' does not contain a definition for 'PopCalendar1_SelectionChanged'"
i hv import this above my masterpg <%@ Register Assembly="RJS.Web.WebControl.PopCalendar" Namespace="RJS.Web.WebControl" TagPrefix="rjs" %> how can i solve this error?/ pls help me It looks like you may have double clicked on the control or something which would insert a handler SelectionChanged="PopCalendar1_SelectionChanged" in the master page or page, but the function is missing from your code-behind. The other possibility is that you registered the assembly on the master page, but the control is inserted in the .aspx page.  If ...

''''''''''''''''''''

Error "CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'System'"
Dear all,the following web site ran for months without troubles http://www.fotovoltaico.sanzeno.org/StoricoRS.aspxSuddenly yesterday I started getting the error you can see switching to that site. I am really getting crazy wondering what happened, but I have no idea. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you in advancePierluigi ...

Give access to non virtual folder through configuration entry? ERROR: <location> path attribute must be a relative virtual path. It cannot contain any of '?' ':' '\' '*' '"' '<' '>' or '|'.
I have a webpage running under a virtual directory that is mapped to d:/webapplication that produces an excel spreadsheet, the page calls a library object that generates a report and places it in a folder d:/attachments. This folder is not in the virtual directory. When I access the webpage i click a button and it attemps to return the created spreadsheet as a mim content type application/vnd.ms-excel. However i getting redirected back to the login page of the application. Ive also noticed that the excel spreadsheet has not even been created at this location. So assuming this...

Get "EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner 'dbo'." error when debugger attached
I'm connecting to database using VPN. When i execute web site WITHOUT attching debugger in visual studio, it connects to database fine and get the expected result. BUT if i attach debugger to aspnet_wp.exe in visual studio, i get following error when i try to open sql connection. "EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner 'dbo'."   why and how do i resolve this problem Hi,You have not grant the execute permission for that stored procedure sp_sdidebug. Give execute permission and it should work.Hope this helps.&...

'''''

The namespace '' already contains a definition for 'testSurvey'
I have a web user control  with a code behind file and this is the error I get...below is the code behind fileusing System;using System.Data;using System.Configuration;using System.Collections;using System.Web;using System.Web.Security;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;    public class testSurvey : System.Web.UI.UserControl <--ERROR HERE with 'testSurvey{    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label Label1;    protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Lab...

Error
Hi  I have not worked in ASP.NET for quite a few months now... and it really shows. Desinging new simple site - nicked some of my old code. I think I must have totally forgotten a few crucial bits here and there. Code below:<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/change_master.master" MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack ="true" %> <asp:Content ID="mycontent" ContentPlaceHolderID="master_placeholder" Runat="Server"> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> </asp:Content>  Imports system.Diag...

This dreadful "'DataProvider' is ambiguous in the namespace 'VisualData.VD_DocumentControl'" error is driving me mad!
Hello out there, I'm trying to develop a PA with a SQL connection to my MSDE2000 database, but every time I try to compile the code with my "MKPD.BAT" I get this errorcode: 'DataProvider' is ambiguous in the namespace 'VisualData.VD_DocumentControl'. I tried the solution that Handcoded offered me and I got this message. Then I used the Bonosoft DAL Builder, and I still get this message. I found in some other threads that it might have to do something with the dll for this module, so I deleted it and tried again. But no success. Where do I do things wrong? Thanks for your h...

Error "denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected"
Hi! All I want to do ist making the Reponse Object running im my Class. Here the Code: public class Mywriter { public Mywriter() { } public void mywrite(string text) { Response.Write(text); } } void page_load(Object sender, EventArgs e) { Mywriter mytester = new Mywriter(); mytester.mywrite("test"); } When i run the Code, i get the following error: Compiler Error Message: CS0118: 'System.Web.UI.Page.Response' denotes a 'property' where a 'class' was expected ( @ "mytester.mywrite("test"); ) ...

Trying to create .net assembly
I'm just migrated a pfc based application from 10.5 to 12.1. The main reason for the migration was to reuse code in a .net application. To that end I've attempted to create a .net assembly. After adding the .net assembly target using the existing app I then tried to deply it but get the following error: Error when compiling generated C# code: a_madcst(4,16): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'c__a_madcst' Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. Thank You , Mike Mike, Please cla...

The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'Map'
Hi all, I had encountered this error and I am not sure what is the reason behind. I have a few classes and all are having namespace Map. But when I compile, it give me this error. Can someone please help? Thanks  Are the classes you mentioned all in a folder called 'Map'? If so, try renaming the folder and see if that fixes the problem.Please mark helpful posts as "Answer" Hi Bslim67, Based on my understanding, there are a couple of classes which have the same namespace. When you compile your project, you get the error message above. If I have misunderstood y...

The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'xxxxx'
The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'xxxxx'  I am not sure why I am receiving the above error when I try to compile the website. My colleague can compile the same files fine without receiving this error. Can someone please help?Thanks!  check whether you have a copy of the file with different name but using the same class (duplicate file). In My case, i have a backup copy for a aspx file. Delete the file or exclude from the project will solve the problem. Thanks & RegardsJaiswar Vipin Kumar R.Mumbai - IndiaContact : +91 9...

How do I get around this error "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String' "
I am using Visual Developer 2008 Express Edition for the first time, and I keep getting the following error below. The site allows anyone to enter with a valid username and password, but even when I logoff the site I get the same error....like the memory or database is not getting refreshed. I would think that when I initially compile the site that anything left in memory would be flushed out. Can someone please help me to figure this out. Thanks,Ramell P.S. The site is programmed using C#    Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String&...

Web resources about - How to solve "The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'GlobalResources' " error? - asp.net.getting-started