How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?

Hi all,

If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net.

i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.

Regards

Helen

0
HelenRose

Hey,

Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspx
Maybe some of these sites can be of help to you.

Arnold

0
ArnoldW
2/28/2008 9:47:02 AM

you can do it by page by page

just copy and paste ur page in the following link

http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx

and convert ur vb.net to c#

gotcha!!

Yasser
Spica.
www.spica.ae
www.bncnetwork.net
Please remember to mark as answers if this helps
0
shayas
Suprotim
2/28/2008 11:00:37 AM

Hi all,

Thanks!

Do we have any methodology for estimation?

Regards

Helen

0
HelenRose
2/28/2008 11:26:06 AM

VB to C# and C# to VB

www.codechanger.com

Muhammad Ovais
Web Developer
Bistronix.com

0
ovaisgeo

For software estimation, there are plenty of methodologies. However in your case, since you have to convert vb.net to C#, what you can do is to use any of the tools given in my previous post. Then check how many lines of code were converted successfully. For eg: If your project contains 30000 lines of code and 29000 were converted successfully using the tool, then you will have to estimate for the additional 1000 lines that you are going to convert manually

HTH,
Suprotim Agarwal

ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips
0
Suprotim

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

How to change vb.net code to C#.Net ?...
Hi, Earlier i had a class  that i got it from this Forum, it in vb.net and i am trying it to convert it in c#.net but i am unable to covert properly to work. the functionality of this class is to convert number value to words. i am putting both of code c#.net and VB.net please rectify it.Public Class NumberToWords Dim Character As String Public Function ConvertNumber(ByVal A As Double) As String On Error Resume Next Dim MM Dim IM ConvertNumber = "" MM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Len(A) IM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left(A, Mic...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

vb .net or c# .net

VB.Net To C#.Net

C#.NET or VB.NET

use of vb.net and c#.net

Converting from vb.net to c#.net
Hello I have recently purchased VBGolds RawDataPrinter which should allow users to print directly to label printers on our network directly from a c# web form.  Unfortunately they only supply vb.net examples and I have need of c#.  The component has been installed on our web server.  This is some code that they have supplied as examples in vb.net   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >"Head1" runat="server&qu...

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

Web resources about - How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net? - asp.net.getting-started

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

ISIS recruitment video Join the Ranks urges Indonesian Muslims to migrate to the Islamic State
A video released by the terrorist group shows Indonesian men urging Muslims to wage join the jihad.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple now allows developer MobileMe users to migrate their accounts to iCloud
As promised, Apple has opened up a new portal at me.com/move for developers that the MobileMe service to migrate their entire account over to ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
... In the new spot for Verizon we learn that geese hate buffering (and they have cell phones). To escape the dreaded "dead zone," the flock migrates ...