How to Make framework version 1.1 default in Visual Studio.net?

I have installed visual studio.net which installs framework version 1.0 by default. Now I installed version 1.1 and Wish to make it the default version to be used by visual studio.net. So what should I do for it? Which option I need to set and where is that option? I gave reference of new 1.1 System.OracleClient.dll assembly. But it changed reference path for other System.dll and other assemblies and program is not built now. Help me out.
0
joshisameer

I could be wrong on this, but I'm not sure you CAN use version 1.1 of the Framework with Visual Studio 1.0. Does anyone know for sure?
0
russnem
10/6/2003 1:32:09 PM
Upto my knowledge, for 1.1 you need VS2003
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
0
sreedhark
10/6/2003 11:09:06 PM
Not sure with a WinForms application atm, but with a web application insert the following xml snippet after the <configuration> tag.

<!-- Request the usage of the v1.1 Framework or gracefully downgrade to 1.0
-->
<startup>
<requiredRuntime imageVersion="v1.1.4322" version="v1.1.4322" />
</startup>
This will force your application to use version 1.1 of the runtime.
0
uptaphunk

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

Visual Studio 2002 and .net framework 1.1
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to configure visual studio 2002 to work with .net framework 1.1. Under the project properties I have set the reference path to point to the 1.1 sdk, but when I do the designer tool does not work in the ide. Any help would be appreciated. Mike To run Visual Studio .NET 2002, you need to have the .NET Framework 1.0 installed. Visual Studio .NET 2003 uses version 1.1. Russell So the visual studio ide is not like a java ide (ex. jBuilder) in which you can change the version of the sdk you want to use? Mike In Visual Studio .NET 2003 you c...

Visual studio 2005 and .net framework 1.1
Good morning, After a quick search of the forum, I have been unable to ascertain a similar question being asked, so if I may:My Company has just given my team five new latops all installed with Visual Studio 2005. Alas the servers used throughout the business are only running .net framework v1.1.4322 and are unwilling to upgrade at this moment in time. My questions are: there any difficulties in delivering .net framework 1.1 related developments using visual studio 2005? I am lead to believe that the guys only have the 2.0 framework installed on the lapops. Can the two versions co-exist...

.Net Framework 1.1 with Visual Studio 2008
Hello.  I adjusted a web application using VS2008 and too late realized that it automatically changed the project to using .Net framework 2.0 and I cannot choose 1.1 in the compile options. Is it not possible to compile a web application to use .Net Framework 1.1 with Visual Studio 2008 or can I change that somehow in the project settings?(I've asked the network people to upgrade the server in question, but it would be better if I could simply change the application without interfering with other settings.) Thank you,NZ N.Ziember:to use .Net Framework 1.1 The only visual ...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Getting DNN to use .Net 1.1 in Visual Studio
This is kind of a Visual Studio problem/question but it's related to DNN so I hope you don't mind me posting here. I have DNN running on my desktop fine. I installed sometime later on my laptop and it has the newer .Net 1.1 framework on it. DNN mostly works but I am getting errors when opening .ascx files in VS - it gives an error that basically says the module can't be designed. I also don't get any intellisense in the editor. I searched here and found a thread about this that said look for problems with your references. Turns out my system.web.mobile reference had an error. I removed it...

Compilation for .NET Framework 1.1 in Visual Studio 2005
I just added blog entry on this, but it seams important enough to summarize it here too. There is no way to compile solution compatible with FW 1.1 in current version of VS2005(beta 1). I think it should be. Suggestion was post at Product Feedback Center. If you think like me, please vote.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog There is a way to do this. See http://weblogs.asp.net/rmclaws/archive/2004/10/03/MSBuildToolkit.aspx for more details. Dave...

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Hi, Is it possible to use .NET Framework 1.1 with visual studio .net 2002 ? Thanks Yes.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1
I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??HighOnCodingWanna get high! The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the Beta 1 stage. Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

IE WebControl compiled assembly using .NET Framework 1.1 or Visual Studio 2003
Hi Did someone have compiled the IEWebControl using MS .NET Framework 1.1 or using Visual Studio 2003. If yes please let me how did you do it. The source which is available only works with framework 1.0. -Thank for help in advance khurram Check out Peter Brombergs article and vs.net project that he posted with it, does just that. I posted the link here: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=688004 /mawi...

.net framework 1.1 and vs.net 2002
Hi, Is it possible to use the .NET Framework SDK 1.1 with VS.NET 2002? Thanks As of my knowledge not possible! But see if any one has any other tricks to use!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

System.Net missing in Framework 1.1 in Visual Studio
Hi there, my code is using System.Net . as i know i have to add a reference in visual studio .net 2003 to add the system.net.dll file but i cant find it anywhere. i'm talking about framework 1.1 not about 2.0. i already installed dotnetfx for 1.1 and also the .net framework sdk version 1.1 but still cant find the dll. if i have to install some other framework stuff, sdk.... whatever all these are for please post a direct link to the file. Please help. thanks, tob There is no dll with the name system.net.dll you need the reference of system.dll only for System.Net name spaceRegards,Kris...

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1
If a .NET application has been developed under .NET Framework 1.0, are there any problems when deploying the application in a system running Framework 1.1? Please advise. From my knowledge there is no problem; in .Net back ward compatibility is there! Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti no problem as long as you have the configuration file with all the dll mapping stuff right.Christian CalderonNeed to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!Classic ASP Framework I don't English. hi... im using windows xp pro, visual studio.net, an...

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

Web resources about - How to Make framework version 1.1 default in Visual Studio.net? - asp.net.getting-started

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks streaming 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo: Frameworks at Saint Vitus in 2014 (more by Greg Cristman) Gainesville screamo band Frameworks recently released the title ...

Sneak Peek: Leading Innovation Framework
My newest book, Leading Innovation , debuts on Monday. Here’s a sneak peek about implementing innovation as a framework. Innovation doesn’t ...

13 frameworks for mastering machine learning
... way. The trend isn't fueled by cheap cloud environments and ever more powerful GPU hardware alone; it’s also the explosion of frameworks now ...

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Node.js Foundation take jurisdiction of Express Web framework
The Node.js Foundation, which has jurisdiction over the popular server-side JavaScript platform, is adding the Express MVC Web framework for ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

The Purpose Of A Brand Framework
Think about NASA. When IsayNASA you might think exploration, innovation, ingenuity.NASA means something. It’s not just what NASA does that provides ...