how to link 3 dropdownlist control so that the second and third dropdownlist control will display depanding up on the first one

 I have three dropdownlist control on my form . first one is configured to display country. and the second dropdown list control have to display the states of the country when the user will select the country from the first dropdown list control at the same time when the user will selct the state from the 2nd ddl control , then 3rd dropdown list control have to display the cities of the state .can u plz post me the solution without using ajax to my ID rajnisangar@yahoo.com

0
rajnisagar

Since "Selection" is a client action you must use javascript

http://www.tneoh.zoneit.com/javascript/dynalistbox.txt is a small example

Moreover if you want a server side technique (with autopostback on for each dropdown) then you can actually databind the controls accordingly

Thanks and Regards

S.K.Vignesh
----------------------
Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue
0
skvignesh

Create Dynamic Dropdownlist Controls / How to Create Dynamic Dropdownlist Controls
Hi,    This might be useful for someone who strucks with create dynamic dropdownlist/ controls. In ASP.Net is page is stateless. when you are creating the dynamic dropdownlist control following issues you might be facing, 1. After loaded the control, on selected index changed event the control will be disappear. 2. The selectedIndexChanged raised event might not be fired when selection of Dropdownlist. 3. Locate the exact dropdownlist which you created dynamically. 4.Placing this dynamic controls in exact location in the page. Solution: You have to re-create the con...

disable textbox control and dropdownlist control when selecting one of the radiobuttons
I want to disable the textbox control (also change its background colour) and dropdownlist control when I select one of the radiobuttons.I did it on the checkedchanged event of that radio button but it is not working.what should I do ?  Make the AutoPostBack property of radiobuttons trueIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog  Make sure you set the "AtuoPostBack" property for radiobuttonList to true then you can handle its selectedIndexChanged   Protected Sub RadioButtonList1_SelectedIndexChanged(By...

Two dropdownlists: first dropdownlist updates second via autopostback: Selecteditem.value always=1 for second dropdownlist
Hi All  This involves a form with 2 dropdown lists and other fields for user to fill.  dropdownlist 1 say countries of the world  dropdownlist 2 is cities in all the countries in the world when dropdownlist 1 is used to select a country, dropdownlist 2 is reloaded via autopostback event in list1 to show only cities in the selected country in list1, user can then select a city from list 2 and it would always match correct country. so far so good Problem: When I try to save the form to database, dropdownlist 1 gives me the correct value, but dropdownlist 2 always gives me...

AutoCompleteExtender Control for Dropdownlist control
Hi,  Can I use AutoCompleteExtender Control for the dropdownlist control. When I copied and modified the sample code, I got an error saying AutoCompleteExtender control cannot be used for dropdown list controls. I am not sure is there any fix for this. If there is a fix, please give me some sample code. Thanks. Some extenders can target different types of controls, but the AutoCompleteExtender can target TextBoxes and TextBoxes only.  Anything else will throw an exception.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers ...

on selecting country from one dropdownlist ...states of selected country is not getting populated in second dropdownlist
 hi iam having a dropdownlist which loads the country names on page load....my problem is wen i select india the corresponding states are not coming in another dropdownlist my code isi have two tablescountryname:countryid identity,countrynamestatename:stateid identity,statename SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["con"].ToString());       protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {                   &...

DropDownList control #3
I would like to change the color of the DropDownList button that I am using to select three different theme colors.  I can change the BackColor and ForeColor to the colors to match the theme colors but not the button.  Any help would be wonderful! vector_fields:change the color of the DropDownList button You can't; it's style is defined by the user's operating system.  Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"Don't forget to click &q...

DropDownList Control #3
I have a drop down list control  which shows information from a table. On select changed it makes a form visible with further info on the selected item. My problem is, when the page loads. If i select the first item in the drop down list, the page do not post back and consequently the form doesn't show unless i select another item then reselect the first item in the list. How do i go about solving it? Posting your code will help solve the problem.DarmarkMark as Answer, if this reply answers your post. there's a few ways.  You could enable autopostback on the dropdown, y...

Config DropDownList control with TableAdapter control
Hi, I have a DataGrid that use TableAdapter control and now I just add DropDownList control to the page. What I want to do is when I select the option from a DropDownList I only want the selected item to display on the DataGrid. I have a hard time figure this out. Please help, JP  Your DataGrid uses the ObjectDataSource with the TableAdapter as it's object? Now, all you need to do is go back to your ObjectDataSource (it's really easy in design view using the smart tag (the black arrow at the top right)) and tell it to accept the Query parameter from the DDL.SelectedV...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

dropdownlist controlling dropdownlist in a details view
Hey   I am using asp.net 2.0 and i was wondering if anyone could give me an example of how to get one dropdownlist to control what appears in another dropdownlist inside of a details view.Thanks for any help...

Loop through Controls Skips DropDownList Controls
I have a For/Next that iterates through each control in a Form, searching out Text Boxes and Drop  Down Lists:Dim useTB as TextBoxDim UseDL as DropDownList For Each Ctl in useForm    If TypeOf Ctl is TextBox Then        UseTB = CTL        ETC...ETC...DO STUFF     Else If TypeOf Ctl is DropDownList then         UseCon = CTL          Etc...etc...etc...   End IfNextThis executes with out any errors, and for each of the TextBox Contr...

DropDownList changing another DropDownList Control
I am trying to get a DropDownList control to change immediately when another DropDownList selects a value. For instance I have a table which stores complaints. This table only has one field, that being TypeOfComplaint. I have another table which stores the ComplaintSubType, this table also has the TypeOfComplaint field. So I would like a DropDownList which is populated from the ComplaintTypes table and another DropDownList which populates from the ComplainSubType table according to what is selected in the first DropDownList. Does that make sense? I have no idea how to go about this! ...

Binding (or filling one by one) HTMLSelect (or DropDownList) control
The solution in classic ASP is this:<select name="selDay" id="selDay"><% For ii=1 To 31         jj=ii        If jj<10 Then jj="0" & jj%>              <option value="<%=jj%>" <% If CInt(Day(Now()))=ii Then Response.Write(" selected") %>><%=ii%></option><% Next %></select> So I want to:- list all the days 1-31 in the HTMLSelect control or DropDownList control, d...

Web resources about - how to link 3 dropdownlist control so that the second and third dropdownlist control will display depanding up on the first one - asp.net.getting-started

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support