How to integrate AJAX controls in a non-AJAX project?

Hello.

I have an ASP.NET website without AJAX. I just installed AJAX extensions and the control toolkit. I want to use these AJAX tools, especially the AutoCompleteExtender, in this website. I have been able to create a new AJAX enabled website and include the AJAX components but when I try to do the same for the old website, the AJAX controls don't work.

So is there a way to convert an ASP.NET website to be AJAX-enabled?

rkabhi

 Hey,

The Ajax enabled template is just a template that will create a normal website with some ajax configuration entries in it's web.config file,

Please see this link on how to configure your existing website to be ajax enabled.

Note: The ajax enabled website is usefull when you want to use asp.net ajax for ASP.NET 2.0 website , it's not required when working with ASP.NET 3.5.

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
4/22/2009 8:46:08 PM

Hi

Converting an existing website into an asp.net ajax enabled website requires

1.) Asp.net ajax framework installed in your machine (you can get the setup from official website)

2.) Addition of respective dlls into the application bin folder.

3.) Modification of webconfig file(you can check here for more on this :- ttp://www.asp.net/AJAX/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx

Regards
Pawan Mishra
“The greatest compliment that was ever paid to me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau
0
Pawan_Mishra

Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled
I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project. How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the projectwhich essentially dont use ajax functionality? Can someone please advise ? Hi,Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple. It won't affect the other pages in you application.You can read about it in the following links:How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX ...

How to enable ajax (Use AJAX Controls) in my Web Control Library project
I have VS2005 with Ajax extended controls.   i have created a Web Control Library project, but i want to use ajax controls. is it possible.   I do not want to create a ajax enabled web site, but looking if any possible in my web control library project.   Please let me know and thanks in advance. D Hi, Yes. If you want to create User Control which contains a lot of web controls and Ajax control, you can create an User Control with Ajax Control to achieve it. If you want to create a Custom Control with Ajax, I suggest you build a new Extender. Please check the...

making non-AJAX project into AJAX
Hello all, I have been working on a project that didnt start out as an AJAX project, however I'd like to make it AJAX compatible to use some of the tools.  Will I have to recreate the project from scratch, or is there something I need to add to my current project to make it happen?  Please forgive me if this sounds like an elementary questions, I am fairly new to AJAX but learning quite a bit lately. Thank you for your time.Raising kids is like nailing Jell-O to a tree. Hi , Just chk the following link which is nothing but a thread in the asp.net ajax forum :- http://forums...

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site
Hi all I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now. I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages. Could you please help me how i can do this? Thanksmcb Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)Steve Wellens My blog if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag         <httpHand...

using AJAX controls with a non AJAX enabled website?
I am using VWD 2005, and have just installed ASP.NET AJAX 1.0/Toolkit. I have an existing website which is not obviously AJAX enabled (because I have only just installed AJAX). If I want to use AJAX controls with this website do I first need to 'upgrade' the website to AJAX enabled? and if so how do I do this?   Cheers MArco Marco Gwiliani http://www.asp.net/LEARN/webcasts/webcast-141.aspxThanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve...

Ajax enable a previously non-ajax-enabled project
I have created a site project within 2005 Visual Studio, this was not ajax-enabled. Now I need to add some ajax enabled control in there, and I see the ajax tools kit controls in my tool box. I was able to drag and drop and code, but the controls do not function. The kit dll files do appear in my bin folder. I have another ajax-enabled project that I started out as ajax site, and I copied the exact same code into this project, it works. So I know it's something with the setup of my old project. How do I make my old project ajax-enabled? I'm sure it's easy, but I don't know ...

Concerns about using AJAX controls in a Non AJAX enabled Website
Platform VS 2005, VB.net  I created my existing asp.net Website without AJAX controls and today I ran into a situation where I need to use an AJAX control.  I download the AJAX Extensions and AJAX Control ToolKit.  I would like to add a calendar extension control to one of my existing webpages that has a Formview1 control. I thinking just like the example, add a script manager control to the page and the calendar extension and everything should work without me have to redo the whole web application or page in a AJAX enabled website.  I not su...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

How do I start using AJAX controls on an existing project?
I went through the video tutorial where it had me open a template project, then add a confirmbuttonextender which worked very well. I noticed when i opened the template on the aspx page by following the videos instructions, it already contained a scriptmanager.  On my existing poject I do the same steps to setup the button control, only this time i manually added a scriptmanager, but my button does nothing.  Is there something i have to do to my project to enable it to Use the AJAX controls or something I have to do to the scriptmanager? jwkeenan:I went through the video tu...

How to integrate AJAX control toolkit in existing project?
Dear All, I amd making AJAX enable website. In this site I want to use AJAX control Toolkit. Can you guide me for the same. I just want to know how to do this? can u tell me whole process for the same.   Warm regards, Zinith 1. Open a web form in your project. Go to the toolbox. 2. Right Click and select add a tab. Name is Ajax Control Toolkit3. Download the AjaxControlToolkit from the ajax.asp.net downloads section4. Extract the files from the zip file to the Microsoft ASp.NEt folder in your program files folder in c drvie(not compulsory, anywhere is fine)5. In the SampleWebSite...

AJAX 1.0 RC Getting started #1 Does not work for me an Ajax newbie
Great I thought I have a couple of hours to start using AJAX I have VS 2005 and am familair with ASP.NET 2 Went to http://ajax.asp.net/Default.aspx Downloaded ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 RC  - as per the instructions Followed Scott Guthrie Video Developing ASP.NET Applications using AJAX ..... They did not work the syntax is different - it msut have been for an older version  Went ot the "How Do I Section " run  "#1 DOw Do I Get Started with ASP.NEt AJAX" 'UPDATED for AJAX RC" - 2 controls, 1 button and 2 labels - IT DID NOT WORK ! - It compiled etc but both times updated ...

Web resources about - How to integrate AJAX controls in a non-AJAX project? - asp.net.getting-started

Woobox Integrates YouTube, Video On Instagram, Vine With Facebook Video Contests
Facebook application developer Woobox eliminated the need for page administrators to choose between YouTube , Video on Instagram , and Vine when ...

Kinvey helps mobile developers integrate Open Graph into native apps
Backend as a service company Kinvey today introduced support for Facebook Open Graph so that native mobile apps can more easily integrate custom ...

Integrate Inc.
Learn about working at Integrate Inc.. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at Integrate Inc., leverage your professional network, ...

Payments : What are the best payment processors to integrate with for global payment coverage?
Payments : What are the best payment processors to integrate with for global payment coverage?

SnapEntry - fast diary/journal, integrates with Evernote on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about SnapEntry - fast diary/journal, integrates with Evernote. Download ...

Anouk Wipprecht integrates parking sensors and headlights into 3D-printed fashion collection - YouTube ...
Dutch designer Anouk Wipprecht tells us about the digital tools she used to create a collection of interactive 3D-printed dresses for Audi, which ...

ForeScout integrates its NAC with AirWatch's mobile management - AirWatch, ForeScout Technologies, security ...
ForeScout Technologies and AirWatch have integrated their respective products for network access control and mobile management in a bid to give ...

Shoes of Prey integrates Google Apps, analytics
Shoes of Prey integrates Google Apps, analytics iT News Among those who came on board were Mike Cannon-Brookes, of Atlassian fame, Michael ...

Apple integrates Facebook into iPhone
Apple integrates Facebook into iPhone