How to inform other user controls if one user control change?

I use one user control to receive the click then another user control need to update its content corresponding with the click. I use event to solve the problem. It works fine.
But when I try to test another solution to solve that problem, I get headache. I try to set a session and store information to this session when user click the link. Then I want to raise a postback event so other users can verify the session varailble. How can I raise a postback event in a user control (not custom control)?
Thanks!

0
wind2

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

Updating a Label control in one user control from another user control
Hi all, I have a main page in my music store site that has 5 user controls on it with 1 always showing main content and the others being things like a shopping cart, "best sellers", genre list etc (a la amazon). From the main content control I want to be able to set some label controls in my shopping basket control but I just can't seem to work out the syntax for how to do this: Here's the code I'm using - I'm trying to go to the 4th user control on the page (my shopping basket) then find the appropraite label, cast it locally as a Label then update the value: Label _so...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

Update one user control from another user control
I have two user controls (.ascx files) on one .aspx page. They are in some kind of master-detail relationship. When I select a row in the GridView in first control, second control is populated with editable data. After changing data and clicking update data IS saved but GridView in first control is not updated.How can I cause that data in first control refreshes, but to keep selected row selected?__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi,You need to re-bind the GridView with the updated data source so that it reflects the latest changes. Regarding the cur...

Gettin values from one user control in other user control
Hello,I have a web page in which I have to user controls UC1 and UC2.In UC1 there are few text boxes (eg: txtContactNumber etc...)In UC2 I have a button. On the click of the button I want to get the value entered  in the txtContactNumber textbox which is in UC1 user control.How to do this. Please let me know.Any code for the example if given is appreciated.Thank You.     In the codebehind for UC1 put the following:public string ContactNumber { get { return txtContactNumber.Text; } set { txtContactNumber.Text = value; } }  And in UC2:private string ...

User Controls: How to change the Property of a User Control in CodeBehind???

Pass value from one User Control to another User Control
I have tried to pass value from one user control to another user control. Because of Page Auto Postback, Contrls are load before page is loaded. So I get the value in 2nd UC after one more post back operation. I have visited many suggessions but I cant solve this. Is anyone can help me to solve this. Thank U mfhossain@gmail.com Muhmmad Fakhrul HossainEmail: mfhossain@gmail.comPhone: +88 01715 111512Web: http://www.mfhossain.info You'd have to do that through the parent probably in it's Page_Load event handler.   userControl1.publicProperty = userControl2.publicProperty;  ...

How to access one user control from another user control on same page
hi,I have two usercontrol on same page. 1.ascx and 2.ascx on abc.aspx . Now I need to access dropdown on 1.ascx frm 2.ascx . Plz help me how can i do this?I have tried Page.findcontrol but as a user control inherits usercontrol class and not page class . its not giving reference to proeprty Page.Findcontrol. I can do page.findcontrol on aspx page but I need to do it on ascx only.plz helpregards,max   Hi Max, you have to expose your DropDownList as a public property which lays inside usercontrol 1. Example: 1 class MyUserControl1 : UserControl 2 { 3 4 p...

How to call a function from one User Control from another User Control
Hi, I have one User Control in a page, the User Control has a button, when the user clicks on the button, I need to call a function within another User Control (on the same page).  I have made a function public, but I don't know see the function from the other User Control. Can you help me please, Thank you! Aldo have u added a delegate event for the button clicked like in the example below. ////////WebUserControl1 public partial class WebUserControl1 : System.Web.UI.UserControl {public delegate void ButtonClciked(object sender, EventArgs e); public event B...

How to bind grid of one user control from another user control
i am having a data grid in one user control say A and there is another user control say B when ever i add some vale in B that is inserted in to database and i want to call A's bind method of grid ... Please help me Nilesh Garg Well, If you can get a hold on Page control of user control then you can easily deal with the othe ruser control. Try something like this Me.Parent or Me.Page or somethinglike this to take hold on Page control and then you can easilly get instance of othe ruser control. Alternatively you can have one shared method somewhere in some class. Call it and i...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

Web resources about - How to inform other user controls if one user control change? - asp.net.getting-started

Grand Mufti of Australia in damage control after Paris attacks
AUSTRALIA’S top Muslim cleric has gone into damage control.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board votes to allow consumption in retail outlets - Alaska Dispatch News
The Alaska Marijuana Control Board voted Friday to allow consumption of marijuana products in retail stores across the state. But social clubs, ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

‘The Gun Control Song’ Channels Billy Joel To Troll Libs … Is Internet Gold
‘The Gun Control Song’ Channels Billy Joel To Troll Libs … Is Internet Gold

This App Lets You Control Your Smartphone By Drawing
Mouse gestures never made sense on PCs, but they're awesome on Android. Long before we started swiping and tapping on touch screens, mouse gestures ...

How To Take Control Of The New Apple TV's Siri Remote
... is jumpy? Tired of scrolling back and forth to switch between Uppercase and Lowercase text? Here are some tips to let you quickly take control ...

Obama: I’m thinking I’ll spend my last year in office focused on gun control
Plans. Your alternate headline comes from Charles Cooke: “President Obama announces record gun sales in 2016.” So two of his major priorities ...