How to create a pdf file in asp.net with c# as one of the output file?

Hi All,

I need to know whether creating a pdf file through asp.net is possible or not? For instance, i can create a excel file to export data as output. Likewise, i need to export some information in pdf format. It should then open and show the contents.

Going further in this, can we also customize like displaying the user-login name as watermark so that each pdf created for every user is unique to him.

How to achieve this task? Do we need to install any third party components which will provide methods/namespaces etc or can we do without any third party components?

After reading many related topics in this forum, i found some, like generating the pdf files using binary read/write with setContentType() method. And some other with iTextSharp component dll file usage. Now, which will help me solve by exporting my required content (dynamic contents) to pdf format with watermark too.

Please help me in this, with code.

Aravind
0
aravind

iTextSharp will work just what your are looking for...

Toronto Trade show displays | Toronto Printing Solutions | Toronto Printing
0
henryw
3/25/2008 3:26:15 PM

henryw:

iTextSharp will work just what your are looking for...

I concure.  iTextSharp is awesome and will do everything your probably looking for and best of all its free.  Just Google it.

^_^

0
bobothebugbear
3/25/2008 3:30:01 PM

 you can use ABC Pdf also which is also good . Never worked with it ItextSharp though.

Thanks,
Karan

~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~
0
karan
3/25/2008 3:55:24 PM

karan@dotnet:

 you can use ABC Pdf also which is also good . Never worked with it ItextSharp though.

is this ABC PDF is free tool or component as like iTextSharp? And other than these two, is there no way that we develop through some code to create a pdf file? using some pdf's API calls and methods? I could see the list of pdf API's and its description in Acrobat's -> About -> PDF Plugin menu or some where in about or help menu. Cant we use those API's in our program? As i suspect that these API's must reside in system32 folder or in PDF program files folder right?

Aravind
0
aravind
3/26/2008 10:37:26 AM

 No its not free, its on 30 days trial and then you have to buy the full version.

Thanks,
Karan

~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~
0
karan
3/26/2008 1:25:25 PM

Then, iTextSharp can be used in other case.

Is there no way that we develop through some code to create a pdf file? Using some pdf's API calls and methods?

I could see the list of pdf API's and its description in Acrobat's -> About -> PDF Plugin menu or some where in about or help menu. Cant we use those API's in our program? As i suspect that these API's must reside in system32 folder or in PDF program files folder right?

Aravind
0
aravind

COnverting image file into PDF file in C#.NET
hi friends, i have a problem in creating a PDF file from an image file. first of all pls clarify what is the internal concept in converting to PDF file. if nay one knows pls mail me the related code if you find any solution pls mail me at spend5mins@yahoo.com thank u all hari babu...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

How to use VB.Net Files in C# Project and Compile All project to Only One Assembly File.?
Hi all,I have a Library of Useful Functions and procedures But in VB.Net Language(*.vb not *.dll).All the time i have to Add additional Project to my current Project and add that VB.Net Library to it ,Then Compile it and Reference it to  my C# project and use it .so as a consequence,After Compilation in the "Bin" directory i have additional assembly Related to that VB.Net Class Library rather than one.I want to know is there any way to Achieve only One Assembly Not Two. Thanks In Advance.Regards.Nothing Is Quite Impossible !!!...

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

WebDatawindow.net Save As PDF creates 0 byte pdf file
Hello all, I am having issues with the save as pdf function of the web datawindow. I am using the ghostwriter ps method and have confirmed with another app that the ps generation is working properly. I have also confirmed that the datawindow is throwing a ps file in the windows temp directory during execution of this method. However, the pdf file generated is always 0 bytes. For whatever reason i am finding the documentation hard to understand and im sure its a setup problem on my behalf. Like placement of the "gs" directory and needed dl's missing or not ...

Creating Help Files through c#.net
Is there exist any provision to create help files(.chm or .hlp) through .NET technologies. We can create the help files by using "html workshop". But the thing is can we create help files through programetically. If so can you please give the sample code.It is better if the language is c#.net to generate the Help File. ...

create a PDF-File in a .NET application
Hi How Can I create a pdf file in asp.net dynamically Thanks jj There are several components listed in the Control Gallery that provide that ability.JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets...

Create PDF file using .NET
Hello List, Can someone tell me how can I create PDF file using .NET? Thanks in advance, Peter, Hi, Tale a look @ ABCpd HTH K B ShajudeenAreYaar.comDubai, United Arab Emirates. Also, Siberix PDF Library for .NET is available as a trial download. I had the trial up and running in minutes. Couldn't have been easier ...Alister Below post has some related info http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=380008Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Creating .NET Code to read a .his file (like a .txt file)
Hello all! I'd like to read data from a temperature control program that posts data to a .his file.  Sample entries are pasted below: "","",RT3-RH%,RT3-HUSP,RT3-ZNT,RT3-RAT1,12/4/06 4:10:52 PM,13.12,45.00,64.44,65.882,12/4/06 4:15:52 PM,13.13,45.00,64.44,65.813,12/4/06 4:20:52 PM,13.08,45.00,64.44,65.754,12/4/06 4:25:52 PM,13.13,45.00,64.44,65.695,12/4/06 4:30:52 PM,13.11,45.00,64.44,65.696,12/4/06 4:35:52 PM,13.09,45.00,64.44,65.637,12/4/06 4:40:52 PM,13.27,45.00,64.44,65.568,12/4/06 4:45:52 PM,13.32,45.00,64.44,65.75  I'd like to skip the first line...

How to get the load address of the .net executable file(exe file) ?
hello: I am reading an article about .net(Rewrite MSIL Code on the Fly with the .NET Framework Profiling API)from msdn, http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/09/NETProfilingAPI/ ,but i have some trouble about it . it said : If you added the method's RVA to the load address (the address where the executable file for the "Hello World!" assembly was loaded), you would see a memory dump layout similar to the one shown in Figure 3. On my machine, the load address was 0x06EA1000, I want to know : how can i get the load address of the exe file on my machine?is there s...

Generating a PDF file using c#.net
Hello,  I' m having to create  a pdf file at the click of a button. I' m new to this can you please suggest a procedure I could follow or a tutorial I could read. thanks Mythili You would be best advised to use a component to help you with this. It's going to be very hard to do by hand. Google should be able to find you alternatives fairly easily.  check this 3rd party control  HTML to PDF converter. The conversion can be done with only a few lines of code.  and also check this linkMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'l...

Read a PDF file using C#.Net
 Hi,    Is there any way to read a PDF file using C#.net?I have already used third party tools like itextsharp and its dlls. But it is not worthy.Is there any alternative third party dlls?If any body tell means it would be a great help.Thanks in advance!    Have a look at the following - they are C# projects that include a read of PDF's Parsing PDF files in .NET using PDFBox and IKVM.NET (managed code). http://www.codeproject.com/KB/string/pdf2text.aspxA Windows Service that indexes DOC, PDF, XLS, PPT, RTF, HTML, TXT, XML, and other file formats http:...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

Combining PDF files into one very large pdf file
Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then the current memory available for the computer. Thanks Ed Dressel On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:29:47 -0700, Ed Dressel <none@tbinc.com> wrote: >Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files >into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then >the current memory available for the computer. > >Thanks >Ed Dressel Ed, I would check out www.adultpdf.com Str...

How can I edit a pdf file using C#.net
 How can I edit a pdf file using C#.netRegards Anu Palavila I think you need to look for a good API.I found this one. I don't know if there is an opensource API. Try Googling Edit PDF .NET APIJef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog  Hi,U may use itextsharphttp://sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/http://csharpdotnetfreak.blogspot.com/2008/12/export-gridview-to-pdf-using-itextsharp.htmlHope It helpsThanksAvinash TiwariRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you.  Hi anupalavila,You can use pdftotext to convert pdf to plain text file and iTextSharp  ...

Web resources about - How to create a pdf file in asp.net with c# as one of the output file? - asp.net.getting-started

iRobot Create - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create ...

The Knot Creates Facebook Page To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Salvage Their Weddings
The damage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy included some 2,300 weddings that had to be postponed or rescheduled, according to wedding portal The ...

Huge Creates New Global CMO, Client Services Roles
Huge has elevated Managing Directors Patricia Korth-McDonnell and Eric Moore into the newly created global roles of chief marketing officer and ...

How to Create a Holiday Twitter Schedule
... Twitter-based Christmas, New Years, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and other celebrations to the last minute, we’ve got some ideas for you to help you create ...

Clift: GOP Will ‘Exploit The Hell’ Out of CA Attack To ‘Create As Much Fear’ As They Can
Eleanor Clift argued the GOP will "going to exploit the hell out of" the San Bernardino attack

Scientists Create Substance Harder and Brighter than Diamonds
... in store for this new material. By applying immense heat to loose carbon atoms, then cooling them immediately, the researchers created a new ...

‘Star Wars’ International Box Office Will Create Huge Waves In “Uncharted Waters”
The most common refrain from exhibitors, rival distributors and industry watchers this week has been that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is entering ...

Rockwell Group creates canopy made of 650 pulsating lanterns
Rockwell Group has suspended hundreds of luminaries inside a Lower Manhattan atrium, each containing an LED that changes colour based on visitor ...

Architect David Rockwell's "Luminaries" Aims To Create A New Holiday Tradition
... The Rockwell Group-designed Luminaries installation is the Battery Park's answer to Rockefeller Center's monumental tree and aims to create ...

SAPVoice: 6 Tips To Create Amazing SmartWatch Apps
By Hanswerner Dreissigacker, SAP The smartwatch, although still somewhat in the novelty stage but without the geek image of wearables like Google ...