How to Call server side and client side function on same LinkButton

hello,

        i have one linkbutton when i click on linkbutton i insert record in DB using onclick=Linkbutton_click. if successfully insert then returnvalue is 1. after return 1 i want to call javascript function. how i can do this? Reply ASAP. Is It Possible?

e.g.

<asp:LinkButton ID="Operation_Link" runat="server" OnClick="Operation_Link_Click"></asp:LinkButton>

protected void Operation_Link_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (Operation_Link.Text == "SUBMIT")

{

ReturnValue =
company.InsertCompany(CompanyNm_TXT.Text, int.Parse(City_List.SelectedValue), int.Parse(Location_List.SelectedValue), Narration_TXT.Text);if (ReturnValue == 1)

{

Operation_Link.Attributes.Add(
"OnClick","showDialog('COMPANY_CONTROL')");  ---> javascript function

}

}

}

please mark as answer if this is the solution

rohit gandhi
0
rohit_a_g

Use RegisterClientScriptBlock to add the javascript after gettgin success ful insert.

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "Successs", "Test();", true);

Imran
[MCTS]
Few have audacity to speak truth
http://knowledgebaseworld.blogspot.com/
0
bhadelia
8/6/2008 7:53:59 AM

its not working.

i used this

Operation_Link.Attributes.Add("OnClick","showDialog('COMPANY_CONTROL')");

this woking but second time. so give me an idea how to display first time. when i click again on linkbutton then it display. not first time after inserting.

please mark as answer if this is the solution

rohit gandhi
0
rohit_a_g
8/6/2008 8:37:11 AM

Its working perfectly my dear friend

Linkbutton

<asp:LinkButton ID="Operation_Link" Text="Text" runat="server" OnClick="Operation_Link_Click"></asp:LinkButton>

Serverside code

protected void Operation_Link_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if(your condition = true)

       Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(
this.GetType(), "Successs", "Test();", true);

}

Javascript:

function Test()

{

alert(
'hi');

}

I am getting hi after clicking on linkbutton

you just have to add

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "Successs", "showDialog('COMPANY_CONTROL');", true);

or put alert into your function showDialog to sure that its reaches to that function

Imran
[MCTS]
Few have audacity to speak truth
http://knowledgebaseworld.blogspot.com/
0
bhadelia
8/6/2008 8:54:30 AM

hi Rohit_a_g,

from ur post i got that your code is working on second click of that link button so do one change only in your code :Instead of adding attributes just use onClientclick properties in your link button tag and call that function.Here is an example:--->

<asp:LinkButton ID="Operation_Link" runat="server" OnClick="Operation_Link_Click" OnClientClick="showDialog('COMPANY_CONTROL');"></asp:LinkButton>

There is another solution :--Add this line in your page_load event  instead of Operation_Link_Click event

Operation_Link.Attributes.Add("OnClick","showDialog('COMPANY_CONTROL');");

if any queries then ask....

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial
to other community members reading the thread.
0
gopsy_25
8/6/2008 8:55:55 AM

Hi gopsy_25,

Your suggession is not right, its not fits to this context at all; with your code its first time only it will make call to the javascript function, which he dont need I think.

Imran
[MCTS]
Few have audacity to speak truth
http://knowledgebaseworld.blogspot.com/
0
bhadelia
8/6/2008 9:02:44 AM

sorry to say but its not working. it reaches to my function but its not working. don't say my function is wrong because its working second time. using my function

Operation_Link.Attributes.Add("OnClick","showDialog('COMPANY_CONTROL')");

give me any other idea that its working for first time also.

please mark as answer if this is the solution

rohit gandhi
0
rohit_a_g
8/6/2008 9:52:33 AM
you can write the code in javascript by check the return value , i believe that you can solve the problem
Tracy.Bai

any questions can contact with me
0
Tracy
8/6/2008 10:07:07 AM

if you use registerclientscript blcok at that time it reaches to the function right? that means its working, the problem may be in the function, can you write your function here?

Imran
[MCTS]
Few have audacity to speak truth
http://knowledgebaseworld.blogspot.com/
0
bhadelia

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

How to call server side function on client side
Hi,   How to call server side function on client side? here i want to call change() function on textbox onchange event.   <script language="javascript">    function serverfunction()    {    }    </script><input id="Text1" onchange="javascript:serverfunction();"  type="text" /> code behind:  public void change()    {        Response.Write("hello");    } <script type=&quo...

Calling a client side function from the server side

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

how to call server side function from client side javascript?
Hi all, I have a image button in the update panel. I would like to call a method from server side (not from webservice) to get the variable when Onclick on the image button is invoked. Is there any way that I can able to access this function from the client script? In using the UpdatePanel, in essence, you're already doing this because there will not be a full postback.  You can make an asynchronous call to your Click method of your ImageButton.  So, what do you want to do with this "variable"?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."...

Call server side function from client side javascript
I have a javascript where I either need to call an onclick even of a server link button or I need to be able to call a server side function.   The only thing is I cant use AJAX.  Is there any way I can do this or am I spinning my wheels. Thanks!-------------Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I have a similar problem.  In my case, I would like to set a server-side session object from JavaScript.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Dan Sure, y...

Client side script calling Server side functions
Hi, I'm currently developing an ajax.net enabled aspx page that contains a usercontrol (which is based on the listbox but extends it to include icons to represent invalid data). http://www.djcharlie.co.uk/WeeeCareResolutionCentre.jpg I want the onClick event of the selected TR to call an asp.net server function which then populates the controls to the right hand side in the page. Obviously because the row is just rendered HTML overriden from the base class I can only assign a javascript function to the onClick event. So I need a way of calling a server side function that will populate th...

calling server side function from client side script
i have a web form that includes a function named "koko()" in its server side class i want to write a script code in in its HTML script that will be run at the client side, and this client side script will call the function "koko()" from the server side. in brief : i want to call a server side function from a client side script... can you help me in this You can't call server-side code directly from client-side code. You can, however, trigger a postback that your server-side code watches for and triggers the server-side code appropriately. You can do some ...

Calling a server-side procedure from a client-side function
I have a server side function that executes a database stored procedure, and I need to be able to call it from a javascript function.  Is this possible (without using an iFrame)?  Post back the page or use Ajax. Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

How to call server side function from client side JavaScript?
I want to call a server-side function, like a button's click event or just another private or public function , from a client-side JavaScript function. How do I do that? thanX AnzIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog Maybe alittle more that you need, but....... 1) Put a button on the page. Lets say its id is Button1. Make sure that its has causesValidation=false 2) Write the code for the button. 3) Write the following in the PAge_Load event Button1.Attributes.Add("onClick", "myJSFunction(); return false") 4) Copy this javascript...

Call client side function from server side code
My problem is that in some point of the VB.Net code I need to call a function defined in vbScript, for example: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click   'There's some code here....   ' ...   If (SomeCondition) Then   'HERE'S WHERE I NEED TO CALL THE JAVASCRIPT FUNCTION... SO HOW CAN I DO THAT?   Else     '...   End If   ' ... End Sub The asp.net code runs to generate the html and when it is done the html is rendered in your browser. So you can't access cli...

Calling server side function from client side alert
Hi, I am developing an ASP.Net application in which I am giving client side alert to the user with OK and Cancel buttons. Can I call a server side function from the click of this button? For e.g. I have to give user alert "Do you want to save record" with Yes/No button. On Yes button click it should go to the server and save the record. Can I call some server side function from the Yes button click? Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ashish I would create a button control, say Button1. set Button1.visible=False then, ...

Calling a client side control event from a server side function
I would like to know how to raise an event on a client side only control from a server side function.   For example, I have Button1 whose onclick is handled at the server. The logic behind the function will do 1 of 2 things, change the text of a label to indicate a problem or navigate to a new page.  I cannot use redirect because i need the new page to appear inside 2 of 3 existing frames.  I can manage this using an anchor on the client.  All I need to do is automatically click the anchor after I post back from the Button1.click event.I tried the following line of c...

Calling a server side function from client side using the toolkit
Ok, I'm sure this is a really stupid question, but I'm willing to ask it anyway.  Let's say that I created a new extender called "My", so I now have three files files, MyExtender.cs, MyBehaviour.js, and MyDesigner.cs.  I want my control to be able to take some data on the client side and use it to retrieve some data on the server side, which AJAX is all about right? :) So for the sake of argument, let's say I want to enter an email address in a textbox, and then consult a database to return the user's password. So in my MyExtender.cs file, I create ...

Web resources about - How to Call server side and client side function on same LinkButton - asp.net.getting-started

Technology - BioLite Stove
Shop News FAQs CampStove HomeStove About Our Mission & Story Technology Contact Us Jobs BioLite Technology: Converting Waste Heat into Electricity ...

Flex Examples
Just a bunch of Adobe Books About Me About You Tags Links Flex 3 (Codename: Moxie) Flex 4 (Codename: Gumbo) Flex Hero Colophon Setting the icon ...

Health & Safety Watch - Food, Consumer Product, and Drug Real-time Recalls; Disease Outbreaks and Public ...
An innovative information service led by public health experts that provides critical real-time public health information tailored to the needs ...

Microfinance and microcredit
Information about microfinance and microcredit. Get the latest from the world of microfinance!

ButtonExtensions Module
AddConfirmation() This Extension Method extends the Button, ImageButton, and LinkButton by adding a JavaScript confirmation dialog that appears ...

Sell Your Item
Join your friends and neighbors in a gigantic online yard sale on Facebook.

Register for projects, internship, free lance job & outsourcing work.
For doing projects, internship, small job online - Enroll urself. Companies can get multiple project ideas from talented students at minimum ...

DropDown Sample
Samples HOME Accordion AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart ...

Atlas causing javascript conflicts? : The Official Forums for Microsoft ASP.NET
I am using an UpdatePanel that contains several LinkButtons and a GridView control. The LinkButtons are used to select/deselect all of the checkboxes ...