How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please

Hi

      I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it.

Its giving me an error message on this line

this.tvwMain.SelectedNodeChanged += new System.EventHandler(this.tvwMain_SelectedNodeChanged);

Dont know what to do....

Please help!!!

thanks

Sarah

Sarah Cameron Benjamin
0
SarahBenjamin

If the control works in your test project, I doubt the error is in the server control assembly itself.  Did you make sure that you have instantiated the control on the page?

dim myServerControl as ServerControl = New ServerControl

Chuck Boyer, MCSD .NET
Director of Production and Development
Edge Media Design
0
chuck

How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server
Hi ,My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder ...

can i use C# Library in vb.net project
hi  friends i have creating C# Lib dll. now am im working vb.net application ..can i use c# dll in vb.net application  Vino Sure, this is just the function of the CLR.  Focus on MOSS and Asp.netFeel free to contact me : rferen2009@hotmail.com yes, just add the class library to the VB project, you can then reference it by project.Please remember to Mark As Answer if helpfulRegards,Christiandev, MCPD Web & MCTS Windows definitely yes since dll is always in IL form regardless of the language u have created in Hi Vinogays, That is 100% u can use it. that is t...

vb.net and c# files in one web application projects and website project
hi,I got a bunch of files which is the source code of the application I am working on, it did not have any solution or project files. They appear to be asp.net 2.0 files, as partial classes are used.I initially added these files to a website project and I was able to run app in VS2005. My problem starts when I try and deploy application. msbuild is used to compile dependent projects, but it does not generate a dll for my web project which contains an APP_CODE folder. So my web app files cannot find the dll it needs. Precompiling is not an option my our process. Does anyone has any suggestion...

How to use VB.Net Files in C# Project and Compile All project to Only One Assembly File.?
Hi all,I have a Library of Useful Functions and procedures But in VB.Net Language(*.vb not *.dll).All the time i have to Add additional Project to my current Project and add that VB.Net Library to it ,Then Compile it and Reference it to  my C# project and use it .so as a consequence,After Compilation in the "Bin" directory i have additional assembly Related to that VB.Net Class Library rather than one.I want to know is there any way to Achieve only One Assembly Not Two. Thanks In Advance.Regards.Nothing Is Quite Impossible !!!...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

Using GoogleBase API in my C#.NET project -Can anybody Help
Hi all My application is in C#.NET ,mainly its a infirmation about Electronics item ,including Mobiles phone so i want to use googlebase API so i can insert my mobile related information in googlebase and it became searchable through Google by just write my Mobile name or company name. as i am new to googlebase i don't understand how i can start and can i use window application or web application.....for this googlebase application i need some sample applications so i can clear my ideas   Please Help..........Thankx in Advance Please look at this demo application http://...

Can't Build VB.NET Web Application Project
Hey folks, I've been given this VB.Net project to modify for a customer, the problem is I can't get it to build in VS2005, if I try I get hundreds of errors and warnings, most of which dont make any sense.  The project runs fine on our servers and other people have had no problems running it locally with VS.  Hopefully this problem rings a bell with someone because I am well and truly fed up with it now.I dont think it's a problem with Web App projects in general as I've never had any problems with C# projects and I am able to create and run my own VB.Net proje...

Can't create Web project using Vs.Net 2003
Sorry, I know this has been covered, but I couldn't find any relevant solutions. Trying to create a Web project at: http://myserver.com/myapp, but I get this message: "The default Web access method for this project is set to file share, but the project folder at 'http://myserver.com/myapp' cannot be opened with the path '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp'. The error returned was: Unable to create Web project 'myapp'. The UNC share '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp' does not exist or you do not have access. It then asks if I would like to retry using path '\\myserver.com\wwwr...

How to programablly control the 'Project Output' in Setup Project of vs.net?
My solution has several projects, some are windows applications and some are web applications. I hope user can select the apps which he wants to install during the installation. I create a Setup Project in vs.net and added "primary output" and other related resources of those projects in. I also added some dialogs and created custom actions. I can execute the my script (sql script) in installer class, but still don't know how to control the installation of each project in my code. I mean whether to install or not. Does anyone has some suggestions to me? And can I add a c...

Adding C# project to VB.net project
Hi All    Is it Possible to add a ASP.net C# web application to a VB.net web application project.That is here we have the main project done in VB.net , is it possible to develop a leave tracking system in Asp.Net C# and add to the main project which is devloped in VB.NET. If Possible How to Add it. Will it create any kind of complications. We are using .net 03. Thanks in advance               Thanks and regards                      Biju You should create solution for all your VB.NET pro...

Wants to access Ms Project's .mpp file from my web application in VB.NET
I have developed web application,which contains TODOList,so i have to display tasks of loged in user.For that i have to fetch the data from MS Project 2000's .mpp file which is already created. i want to access that file Please help me .......... Hi Savitha ,  I am in search of same info , as  i need to integrate my  web based project with microsoft project management tool to do project scheduling from web interface.  Please  inform me if u have any  links or info regd this.  Thanks...

Web resources about - How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please - asp.net.getting-started

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Adobe’s Voice app for storytellers lands on iPhone with project syncing from iPads
... for a test drive when it was brand new back in 2014 . The app lets you easily combine photos, videos, text, voiceovers, and more to a project ...

Spotify acquires messaging app startups Soundwave and Cord Project
... both of which have to do with messaging. In a press release , Spotify has announced that it has acquired Soundwave and Cord Project. Double ...

Kickstarter publishes inside story of how Europe’s most-funded project collapsed
... Torquing Group's office in April 2015. (credit: Cyrus Farivar) Kickstarter has posted its post-mortem on how Europe’s most-crowdfunded project ...

PJ Harvey announces 'The Hope Six Demolition Project' album details, reveals new music in trailer video ...
... spring that she recorded in public at a London art installation, and now details are finally here. It's called The Hope Six Demolition Project ...

Report: GM is buying failed ride-hail service Sidecar and starting its own project, code-named 'Maven' ...
General Motors is spending an undisclosed amount about to buy up what's left of failed ride-hailing and delivery service Sidecar , which shut ...

BLM’s ‘Anti-Police Terror Project’ Celebrates MLK By Shutting Down San Francisco Bridge
'A show of resistance to a system that continues to oppress Black, Queer, Brown, Indigenous and other marginalized people throughout the Bay ...

Universal Boards Garth Davis-Directed Mary Magdalene Project From ‘The King’s Speech’ Producers See-Saw ...
... Pictures International Productions (UPIP) is partnering with See-Saw Films on a biopic of Mary Magdalene . The untitled Mary Magdalene project ...