how can i do response.write sql to see sql query(values)

In regular asp i used to do a lot of response.write sql to see my query, for debugging purposes.

Can you please tell me how i can do the same for the following code, i used here the dataset.
****************Code***********

Dim UpdateCmd As String = "UPDATE tbl_labels SET eng_lbl = @engl, " & _
"esp_lbl = @espn, fr_lbl = @fren, ger_lbl = @german where id = @Id"
MyCommand = New SqlCommand(UpdateCmd, MyConnection)
MyCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@Id", SqlDbType.int, 9))
MyCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@engl", SqlDbType.Char, 50))
MyCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@espn", SqlDbType.Char, 50))
MyCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@fren", SqlDbType.Char, 50))
MyCommand.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@german", SqlDbType.Char, 50))
MyCommand.Parameters("@Id").Value = MyDataGrid.DataKeys(CInt(E.Item.ItemIndex))
Dim Cols As String() = {"@Id","@engl","@espn","@fren","@german"}
0
reddymade

you cannot get the sql string like that while using a query string. you have to make up the sql again as in regular way.

hth
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

Web resources about - how can i do response.write sql to see sql query(values) - asp.net.getting-started

Frequency response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Frequency response is the quantitative measure of the output spectrum of a system or device in response to a stimulus, and is used to characterize ...

WA fires: DFES defends response times to devastating Yarloop fires
Department of Fire and Emergency Services commissioner Wayne Gregson has defended his department's response times to the South West fires after ...

Canada's idle response to VW's cheating cars
Germany is preparing fraud charges. The U.S. is going after Volkswagen for $46 billion in fines, and other countries are setting penalties too ...

- Letters asks U.S. Attorney General for response to refuge occupation
A pair of groups representing current and former federal employees have sent a letter to the head of the U.S. Department of Justice urging action ...

GOOD NEWS: Apple Buys Technology That Uses Your Phone’s Camera to Gauge Emotional Response to Ads
... better understand consumer reactions to engagements. Given the iPhone’s camera, the possibilities seem endless: • Gauge the emotional response ...

Mark Zuckerberg's post on vaccines sparks huge response
Many are viewing the Facebook founder's latest post as a public stand in the debate over vaccines

Nikki Haley bucks Donald Trump in State of the Union response
CNN Nikki Haley bucks Donald Trump in State of the Union response CNN (CNN) The Republican Party tapped South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to ...

Amy Schumer Has the Perfect Response to Talk About Her New Boyfriend: This is Apparently My 'Biggest ...
Amy Schumer Has the Perfect Response to Talk About Her New Boyfriend: This is Apparently My 'Biggest Accomplishment'

Drupal Hardens Its Security in Response to Criticism
Drupal, the popular open-source content-management system, is improving its security to eliminate potential risks.

Tennessee school official apologizes for response to rape allegations
Tennessee school official apologizes for response to rape allegations