Getting 'Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.' when attempting to load NET 1.1 app in IIS

 Hi all,

I am getting this message that is pointing to the web.config at INETPUB\WWWROOT\. I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 installed and was able to run .NET 1.1 apps fine through my local IIS up until 3 weeks ago. I am not sure what has changed, so cant really pinpoint where the problem may have originated.

I have run aspnet_regiss -r to updated the scriptmaps for .1.1 but I still get the problem?

I also have the ASP.NET tab of the applications virtual directory pointing at NET 1.1. and all the ASP.NET tab of the 'default website' set to .NET 1.1.

Also, my .NET 2.0 apps work fine. Its just that all my .NET 1.1 are returning this error message.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

0
Tryst

Hi all,

I have managed to solve this.

It seems that I had a .NET 2.0 web.config file in the root of IIS (INETPUB\WWWROOT) which was causing all my .NET 1.1 applications to fail.

I didn't know if a web.config file should exist in this location so didn't think to delete it at first, but when I checked my colleagues PC and seen that it didn't exist, I just removed the file and it all worked again :)

0
Tryst

Web resources about - Getting 'Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.' when attempting to load NET 1.1 app in IIS - asp.net.getting-started