Getting the version number of the DLL

Hi Everyone -
Is there a way to get the version number from the DLL that is created for a website???
thanks
tony
0
pithhelmet

I guess that depends, not all dll's have a version number, are you talking about a specific version number for something like dotnetnuke or a control or something like that?

0
adwins04
3/2/2005 2:11:26 PM

Hello -
Thanks for replying -
I should be more specific...
The DLL that is created when you compile the web site,
i would like to grab the version number of that DLL
from within the web site that it is used in.

Thanks
tony
0
pithhelmet
3/2/2005 9:25:04 PM
I actually understood what you were asking. Maybe I should rephrase. Unlike Windows Forms, asp.nt web applications do not compile with specific version numbers (not that I have ever heard of) You can, if you want, give your app a version number, but it wont be stored in the dll like you are asking ( as it is with windows forms ).
0
adwins04

the version number is set in the AssemblyInfo.vb (or .cs) file like this:
<Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.9")> (note: VB.NET code)

After that you can use some reflection to obtain the versionnumber from the assembly:

Dim myAssembly As Reflection.Assembly = Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly
Dim versieBuilder As New System.Text.StringBuilder(vbNewLine)
versieBuilder.Append(myAssembly.GetName.Version.Major)
versieBuilder.Append(".")
versieBuilder.Append(myAssembly.GetName.Version.Minor)
versieBuilder.Append(".")
versieBuilder.Append(myAssembly.GetName.Version.Build)

Grz, Kris.

XIII
3/3/2005 12:05:19 PM

Worked like a charm!!!
btw - when does the actual revision number get changed???

i tried to do the build and full build but it didn't increment...
thanks
tony
0
pithhelmet

we have a daily build engine (that does it work at night, ironically not ;-) ) that does the incrementing every time. If you want to change it then you'll have to edit the AssemblyInfo.cs or .vb file yourself.
Grz, Kris.

XIII
3/4/2005 7:58:21 AM

Has anyone got this working in .NET 2.0 ? I have manually followed the directions to get the assemblyInfo.vb file into the project but the values I pull back are always all zero's. I have followed the following MSDN articles.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/ms228042.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/system.reflection.assemblyversionattribute.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/system.reflection.assemblyname.version.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/system.version_members.aspx

0
MCUSA

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Problem Getting Started
In have run the 1317set.bat file and still get the following error: Unable to get your db version please run version script against your db and restart your web application (go to update/scripts/ folder and run 1317set.bat). Any help to get me started would be much appreciated.www.creativenrg.co.uk | www.therivercard.com Have you checked your connection string? This is sometimes caused by a faulty db connection. I am new to Rainbow and get the same error when trying to run it for the first time. Does not matter which of the following I comment out in web.config: <!-...

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

get version number
Hi! Is there any way to get the EAServer version number from a jsp page hosted on the server? /Remus Remus Eserblom wrote: > Hi! > > Is there any way to get the EAServer version number from a jsp page hosted > on the server? > > /Remus > > Take a look at the Management interface method getServerVersion. JSP would be something like <%@ page import="java.util.*" %> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.Management" %> <%@ page import="com.sybase.jaguar.system.ManagementHelper" %> &...

getting start dll
I knew nothing about asp.net before i join the forum here, web controls, user controls, web.config, global.asax etc... now i see dll how does it related to asp.net? I did not see any book which teach asp.net mension it. what is it functionallity? why and when should I use it? how do I create it? and how can I make it use with the website? Basically I know nothing about it, so if someone could explain me about it, I would be so appreciate Currently, you are probably placing your VB.NET/C# code within your .aspx file, as follows:<%@ Page Language="C#" %> <ht...

Getting Start With .net

Get version number
Is there any way to retrieve version number (name) from a running database. -Roger Nyg�rd select @@version D A roger@jobak.no wrote in message <37b7ed8d.1808478895@forums.sybase.com>... >Is there any way to retrieve version number (name) from a running >database. > >-Roger Nyg�rd Hi, run: select @@version Cheers, Hartmut Branz Sybase Product Support Engineering Adaptive Server Anywhere roger@jobak.no wrote: > Is there any way to retrieve version number (name) from a running > database. > > -Roger Nyg�rd ...

how to get start with .NET

Getting line number to show during editing, getting values to show during debug, getting MSDN help to know that I have it installed
G'day, Sorry I feel so dumb but these issues just push me over the edge. I've recently had to re-install VS and now none of these features that I once had now don't work.  I obviously have to tweak something but what?  It doesn't seem too obvious (I hope!)Help please!Thanks,Geoff Line numbers - that can found under Tools > Options > Text Editor > (Language) > (somewhere there, there is is a check box for line numbers) When you are in the debug mode of the IDE, go into the Debug > Windows > (whatever windows you need - locals/autos are what you're l...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

getting started in VS2005 C# which book should I get
Hello, I am getting started with VS2005, I have use VS2003 but not very much -(I did 4 small applications in it),  I am wondering which book you would recommend to learn the new features of VS2005, while learning more of C# programing in general There some links to good books in this thread i posted : http://forums.asp.net/thread/1489422.aspx Also these two make good reference material  Professional Visual Studio 2005 (Programmer to Programmer)   Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Unleashed  So far I recommend Wrox's C# 2005  Read the beginning chap...

get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark
Name: DOCTOR Product: Firefox Summary: get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark Comments: Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.22 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Should I get an upgrade version or "regular" version of VS .NET?
I'm eligible for an upgrade version of VS .NET because we own a license for VS6. Obviously, the upgrade version is cheaper. In trying to decide which to get, I have a few questions: 1-Do I need to have VS6 installed on the PC on which I install VS .NET? 2-Will I still be able to use VS6 to support existing VS6 developed applications? In other words, will I still be able to use VS6 and VS .NET separately? 3-Is there any advantage or disadvantage to getting one version or the other (upgrade vs. regular)? Any other input or comments greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time....

Web resources about - Getting the version number of the DLL - asp.net.getting-started

MoveOn feels the Bern, endorses Sanders by overwhelming vote
MoveOn.org, the progressive advocacy organization and political action committee, has endorsed Bernie Sanders for president. MoveOn chooses ...

Amazon Prime Now Includes 20% Discount On Video Game Pre-Orders & New Releases
For years, Amazon was able to win over some video game fans by guaranteeing release-day delivery of new titles. But now that gamers can pre-order ...

Tesla CEO Elon Musk on the Apple Car: ‘It will expand the industry’
It’d be normal for car company execs to feel a tad threatened by the much-rumored Apple Car , but Tesla CEO Elon Musk is not one of those people. ...

Explosion in Istanbul: What You Need to Know About the ISIS Attack in Turkey
An explosion in Istanbul on Tuesday which killed at least 10 people and injured at least 15 was the result of a s uicide bombing orchestrated ...

Driving Around in a Star Wars Spoiler
No that kind of spoiler, yet the image is strangely appropriate for this post. We mentioned earlier that there should be some sort of statute ...

Armchair Pundits Lose It Over Ciara’s Dress at College Football Playoff Championship
Last night, Alabama defeated Clemson 45-40 to win the College Football Playoffs, continuing a comfortable little dynasty for the university’s ...

Lady Gaga Leaves WME for CAA
As her acting career takes off following her Golden Globes win on Sunday, Lady Gaga is parting ways with talent agency WME. The “American Horror ...

Patch Tuesday: Microsoft released 9 security updates, 6 rated critical, 7 for RCE
To start off 2016 Patch Tuesdays, Microsoft released nine security bulletins, six of which are rated as critical and seven resolve remote code ...

Murdoch, Hall engagement sparks mockery on social media
The news of Rupert Murdoch's engagement to Jerry Hall sent social media into a sometimes snarky whirl on Tuesday, as Twitter users mocked the ...

Twitter adds live Periscope broadcasts to timelines
Twitter on Tuesday began weaving live Periscope video broadcasts into timelines streamed to its application tailored for Apple mobile devices. ...