Getting started with JScript.NET

I'm a Javascript and Actionscript developer, and the thought of being able to do server-sides in something I know was too good to resist.
Does anyone know some good tutorials for developing ASP.NET pages in JScript?  I can find lots of console code, but simple things are hard: like I can't even figure out how to print something out to the web page (just a string).
What I'm really trying to do is access a database, verify a login, and print JSON out to the response.  What should I do to start?  Is there a better way to do this? (IE: using some JSON library already?).
I'm communicating with flash, so I can't use web controls or anything automatic like that.
Thanks!
~sean

0
seanhess
4/11/2007 12:28:10 AM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 3173 Views

JScript is basically Microsofts Javascript.
J# (sharp) is something else entirely. It is a server side code language that would enable you to accomplish your goals - particulalry suited to ex Java developers. My advice would be to avoid it like the plague. Not because it doesn't work, but because all of us use VB.Net, C#, or both.
So take your pick of these two and dive in.
VB.Net probably has the easier learning curve, but this depends on your experience and familiarity with C style code syntax etc.
JScript definition
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154585

Rgds,
Martin.

For the benefit of all users please mark any post answers as appropriate.
0
mokeefe
4/11/2007 3:41:38 AM

Thanks mokeefe for sharing your ideas.
hi seanhess, jscript is client script and J# is used to do server side coding. these two are completely different.
as per my suggestion do't use jscript beacuse this jscript client side script is not supported by all the browsers available in market.
use javascript instead of jscript. javascript is supported by all the browers.

Please mark as answer if my post is useful and Please correct me if I am wrong anything here.
0
duttavr