Getting line number to show during editing, getting values to show during debug, getting MSDN help to know that I have it installed

G'day,

Sorry I feel so dumb but these issues just push me over the edge.

I've recently had to re-install VS and now none of these features that I once had now don't work.  I obviously have to tweak something but what?  It doesn't seem too obvious (I hope!)

Help please!
Thanks,

Geoff

0
geoffHome

Line numbers - that can found under Tools > Options > Text Editor
> (Language) > (somewhere there, there is is a check box for line
numbers)

When you are in the debug mode of the IDE, go into the Debug > Windows > (whatever windows you need - locals/autos are what you're looking for)

-- Justin Lovell
0
master4eva

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

I cant get a blank form to show all I get is an error page
Hi  I tried all ways to get aspx page to work, it only works on my local machine, It wont work on a web site   Thanks in advance what version of IIS and .Net does the server have installed? It is a Windows server right? There are MANY possible problems... what is the error that's displaying? I had a similar problem where my pages were working locally but once uploaded to another server they didn't work. I just changed the root folder of the website to an Application in the IIS management console and it worked.www.LinkToIslam.net...

How do you get to get to the NAL debug screen?
I remember a debug screen that you could get to in NAL by doing some function key. I can't remember exactly how it work, could anyone assist? ZFD 4.01 IR4 Thanks , > I remember a debug screen that you could get to in NAL by doing some > function key. I can't remember exactly how it work, could anyone assist? > Help, About, Hold down F2, More - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at h...

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

problem with get value from textbox after get it value in load page
hi every one  i have problem with my web site when i get textbox value in load page   and Changed textbox the page do not take last value .   it take value in load page   this is code:Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)   TextBox1.Text = "aa" End SubProtected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) MsgBox(TextBox1.Text) End Sub   when i press button message write "aa" while i changed the textbox   please if enyone knowen help me &nbs...

How do I get get values of controls inside datalist?
How do I get values of controls inside datalist?   For example, if I have a label inside header template or item template or footer template? Is there anyway to change property of label or any other controls inside those template as well? I would really appreciate if anybody can just post a sample code or a helpful link about datalist? Would really like to know more about the events fired for datalist, itembound, itemcreating etc?   hey there,I used this page to work out how to use datalists http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d89d1d96-03f1-4784-bbb2-a3db1af...

Am getting a pop-up that I need help getting rid of
Name: David Heywood Email: dave.heywood_at_heywoodrealty.com Product: Firefox Summary: Am getting a pop-up that I need help getting rid of Comments: A stupid pop window advertising all kinds of junk keeps popping up that has never popped up before. Can you guys help me figure out where it has planted itself so I can get rid of it. The title line in the box says "Aurora - part of the ABI Network" Thanks Dave Heywood dave.heywood@heywoodrealty.com Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3 ...

How to get DataTable object from DB and get Values from it
Here the code I use ...  SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionString"].ConnectionString);        SqlDataAdapter Adptr = new SqlDataAdapter("Select * from AccountType ", con );DataTable mytbl = new DataTable("tbl"); Adptr.Fill(mytbl)       if (mytbl.Rows[0][1].ToString()) == "Classic")  /// Here I gey a message : There is no row 0 in table .... I checked DataTable with Response.Write( mytbl.Rows.Count )  it gives me 0 ... What can be the pro...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark
Name: DOCTOR Product: Firefox Summary: get rid of that ridiculous getting started bookmark Comments: Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.22 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

getting started in VS2005 C# which book should I get
Hello, I am getting started with VS2005, I have use VS2003 but not very much -(I did 4 small applications in it),  I am wondering which book you would recommend to learn the new features of VS2005, while learning more of C# programing in general There some links to good books in this thread i posted : http://forums.asp.net/thread/1489422.aspx Also these two make good reference material  Professional Visual Studio 2005 (Programmer to Programmer)   Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Unleashed  So far I recommend Wrox's C# 2005  Read the beginning chap...

Get All & Get all mail
Is there any difference between these two extensions? Daniel -- _____________________________________ Daniel Royer University of Geneva daniel at royer dot ch _Daniel Royer_ spoke thusly on 11/09/2006 4:31 AM: > Is there any difference between these two extensions? I can't seem to find a "Get All" extension for Thunderbird. The closest I've found is <http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info.php/getmess>, which is not written to the extension manager API, that was implemented long before Thunderbird 1.0. If that's what you were referri...

Getting variables from a post or get?
Sorry for the newbie post, but i am from a PHP world. Im now learning ASP.NET.Im having a bit of problem figuring out how to get/post a variable on an input field. All i want to do is, get the value from an input form and display it again on the page. Here's my code.. <form id="form1" runat="server" acceptcharset="utf-8"> Your name: <input id="name" name="name" type="text" /> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" PostBackUrl="Default.aspx" /> </form> All i want is to get the value of name and display it on the page it self. How can i do that...

Get LastLoginDate BEFORE it gets updated
I am after a way to get the LastLoginDate before it gets updated when a user logs on. The reason is that i want to provide a list of all changes that have been done since they last logged on. When i use OnLoggingIn it appears that the LastLoginDate has already been updated (with the new Login Date). I have tried numerous ways but am a little stumped.  Any help will be greatly appriciated. Try this -  Dim LastloginDate As Date Protected Sub Login1_LoggingIn(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginCancelEventArgs) Handles Login1.LoggingIn ...

Web resources about - Getting line number to show during editing, getting values to show during debug, getting MSDN help to know that I have it installed - asp.net.getting-started

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

New cycling separations to be installed on ACT roads
New separation measures will be installed and trialled on ACT roads in the next 12 months, as the government attempts to make cycling safer by ...