Getting input text from text area in code behind

Hello.  I need to allow a user to enter some information into an HTML text area and then I need to be able to read what they have entered in code behind because I need to use that text in my code.

At the moment when I try to response.write the text in the textarea it doesn't display anything. At the moment my code looks like this:

Protected WithEvents message As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTextArea
Public Sub sms_send(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)
response.write(message)
End Sub

How do I get the code behind to read the text in the textarea?
0
gp_330

Hello, what you should do is the following:

Protected WithEvents message As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTextArea
Public Sub sms_send(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)
response.write(message.Value)
End Sub

Good Luck.
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
5/21/2004 12:00:59 PM
Thanks man, thats sorted it out.
0
gp_330
5/22/2004 11:24:52 AM
Glad to help.

Regards.
Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal

How do I get the Text of a Text ....
That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically created text object. For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain Word. When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it. dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute of a text control in a datawindow. How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on different rows? Using an expression or something? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.v...

length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ?
hello friends length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ? second example is ..... textbox1.text is greenhouse.. i want to get green from textbox.text cheer Mark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi,you can always perform a Trim to a retrieved string to delete the leading and trailing space characters. For your second example where you want to gt a part of the retrieved string you can use the SubString method of the String class.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workar...

Get text data in label from Code plex Rich Text Editor
My Question:-          I am using (RTE Rich Text Editor ASP.Net Control) from Code Plex Website and website url is http://www.codeplex.com/rte.          Whatever I am writing in Text Editor i want to put that data in Label           how i can do this please provide me whole Code or Sample Application            My email id is pankajcsharp@gmail.com          I am looking forward for a quick response from all. thanks,   Pankaj Kumar Singh  ...

How to get value from a disabled HTML text box from code behind?
I have a series of HTML textbox that are enabled / disabled by way of a check box calling a javascript funciton. Each textbox has the attribute runat="server" to allow codebehind to interact. Reading the values form the textboxes isn't a problem when they are enabled using: textboxName.value However, when the textboxes are disabled, I cannot read the values. Each value = nothing. Does anyone know a workaround for this?  Thanks, Stew Disabled controls don't get submitted back to the server so ASP.Net doesn't have values for them. One way around this is to put submitdisabledco...

DOM, how to get text out of text node
Hi all, i am stack on this: i am parsing a dom document, i reach a text node, but i can't get the text out of the text node. Hope some one can help. this is the code: childs is a nsIDOMNodeList. PRUint32 len, i; childs->GetLength( &len ); nsCOMPtr<nsIDOMNode> child; nsEmbedString name; nsEmbedString value; PRUint16 type; for( i = 0; i < len; i++ ) { childs->Item( i, getter_AddRefs( child ) ); child->GetNodeType( &type ); child->GetLocalName( name ); ...

how to pass javascript input type=text value back to code behind (vb.net)
Hi All, i'm a newbie here, i have been struggling for some times on this. I have a gridview, and in rowdatabound, i will dynamically create a table with the required data and checkbox will be added dynamically too. for each checkbox, i have 2 hidden textbox keeping the id , cause i will retrieve the id base on the selected checkbox. I was thinking of using javascript to retrieve the data, i could retrieve the data, but how do i pass the id back to code behind for further process? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank youVelerena I think you need the id of input type=text in...

Copy web text fr FF2 PASTE to outlook text mail msg get an attachment not text
I never had this problem with IE. When I copy text from a web page and try to paste it as text into an Outlook2000 TEXT mail message, it instead is rendered into an attachment to the message. I just want to paste the text. Does anyone know why this happens, better yet - how to fix it? Currently I have to past the text into a text editor, and then recopy that into my Outlook mail message. This is getting old fast. Thanks in advance. Sandalls On 2/23/2007 5:01 PM On a whim, Sandalls pounded out on the keyboard > I never had this problem with IE. > > When I co...

Getting evaluated text value for text objects
I'm attempting to get the visible text value out of a text object in a report. If I describe the .Text attribute, I can get the text out, however, if the value is an expression I get the unevaluated string. I can describe the Evaluate function called with the .Text attribute as the argument, and this will normally return the evaluated text from the element. The problem I have encountered is when you have, for example, a field named "phone" and the text value of the text element is also the word "phone". Calling evaluate on this will replace the word &quo...

How does text gets displayed in composer text field?
Hi, I'm new to TB dev. I stumbled upon this problem while trying to fix bug 309= 708. I am trying to figure out how does a message gets displayed in the com= poser window? I noticed that when I click edit on a mail in my drafts folde= r, the text in the uncompleted mail is displayed in the composer. I want to= do something similar to this. Does anyone know how does TB copy the text from the mail and display it on = the composer window? Is there like a textField.setText() to put the text into the composer's edi= ting text field? In another words, what function should i ca...

How to get plain text of currently displayed text
I need to get text of currently displayed page from extension. var wm = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"] .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator); var mainWindow = wm.getMostRecentWindow("navigator:browser"); alert(mainWindow.getBrowser().selectedBrowser.contentDocument.getSelection().toString()) This returns only selected text. I need to get all text content but has no glue how to do this. Please help. Alex On Dec 17, 5:15=A0am, dzen <dze...@inbox.ru> wrote: > I need ...

Getting Text Between Two Words In Text File
Hi everyone, Im just wondering what the best way to do this would be.I need to get a certain line of text from a number of text file records.This text lies between "-" and a </strong> tag. How would I go about this Thanks for your help! julie Use the File class to open and read your file and then use Regular Expression to find the specific word. References: File Class Regular Expression "I refuse to sign my posts with some clever quote said by some famous tech head in order to make myself seem more intelligent"-- Bill Gates...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

How do I get the left part of a text box.text
How do I get the left part of a text box.text???Something like: textbox1.text.left(3) to get 'abc' if the text box contains the alphabeth.But then the correct way You can do something as: string mainString = "abcdefg....";string strSubString = mainString.SubString(0,2); Hope this helps, RegardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP Use the Substring() method.string tempstring = TextBox1.Text.Substring(0,3); thanks all...

bind input to xsd:date to get datepicker but forbid text input?
What I would like to do is provide an input field that provides a datepicker widget to enter the date. I can get this by binding to xsd:date. But I would also like to disallow users from typing in the date, I want them to only go through the datepicker. Then I don't have to handle invalid input and all that. If I understand the read-only attribute this would prevent even the use of the datepicker to change the field, am I correct? Is there a way to get what I want? Ken Yap schrieb: > What I would like to do is provide an input field that provides a > datepicker widget to en...

Web resources about - Getting input text from text area in code behind - asp.net.getting-started

Bengaluru: Potholes kill 19-year-old student, injure 2 others
Watch Bengaluru: Potholes kill 19-year-old student, injure 2 others video online at Times of India. View free Bengaluru: Potholes kill 19-year-old ...

Obama's Legacy at Stake in Paris Talks on Climate Accord
New York Times Obama's Legacy at Stake in Paris Talks on Climate Accord New York Times WASHINGTON — At a joint news conference here Tuesday ...

Pope Francis Offers Mass in Uganda at Shrine for Christian Martyrs
New York Times Pope Francis Offers Mass in Uganda at Shrine for Christian Martyrs New York Times NAMUGONGO, Uganda — On the very spot where ...

Donald Trump Drops 12 Points: Directly Related To Mockery Of Disabled Reporter?
Donald Trump isn’t known for his political correctness. The reality TV personality turned GOP presidential hopeful doesn’t seem to mind speaking ...

Top Kurdish Human-Rights Lawyer Shot Dead in Turkey
Wall Street Journal Top Kurdish Human-Rights Lawyer Shot Dead in Turkey Wall Street Journal ISTANBUL—A prominent human-rights lawyer was shot ...

Russia-Turkey war of words escalates over downed warplane
Moscow slapped sanctions on Ankara today as the war of words over a downed Russian warplane escalated, with Turkish strongman Recep Tayyip Erdogan ...

Carson After Meeting Refugees: Bringing Them Into U.S. ‘Does Nothing’ to Solve Crisis
In the past day, Ben Carson has met with Syrian refugees in Jordan. And after speaking with them, Carson’s conclusion is that bringing them to ...

The best Cyber Monday deals
So you successfully emerged from Black Friday shopping relatively unscathed, and you've got the cash for an extra tech gift (or, let's be honest, ...

UberChopper Brings Desperately Needed Excess To Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Today, as you nurse your wounds from Black Friday stampedes outside your local mall, or sit in traffic as you make your lengthy travel back home ...

Taylor Swift On Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber Reunion: ‘A Learning Experience’
Taylor Swift hopes that friend Selena Gomez learns her lesson after reuniting with Justin Bieber, a recent Hollywood Life report detailed . ...