General question: user controls inside user controls

I have a dropdownlist user control - it does various things. Now I want to create a datagrid user control for a mini content-management type function and I want the dropdownlist user control in it.

My question is: is this a good or a bad way to go - nesting a user control within another user control? Would other ways (what ways?) be better?
0
francesL

No problem nesting controls.
Bertrand
----
bleroy

user control inside a user control
i've currently got one of my pages setup so that I have a user control, CreateMessage.ascx, inside my main user control, ViewChangeMessages.ascx. My problem is that i've got a method inside my main usercontrol that either hides or shows the second user control, but it doesn't work, mainly coz i found out that the second user control is loaded before my main one. Is there any way i can get around this? You could try to load the second user control programmatically the OnPreRender method of your main user control. You'll need to add a placeholder in the spot you want the user control to...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2? Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn Hello, In UC2, try the followin code Dim tb As TextBox=CT...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2?   Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn You can define a property inside the UC1 and UC2. Pag...

User Control Inside a Modal Pop Up
Hello, I am a beginner with AJAX and need some help. I have a user user control that I want to place in a Modal Pop up, but I am running into some issues.  The user control is used for doing some seaching of database records. After the use selects a record, they choose from one of three radio buttons and then hit a submit button. This submit button has logic tied to it that needs to be performed before closing the modal pop up. I want to make this button (btnDoLogic) that is inside the User Control, the button that is tied to the...

Embedded user control inside a user control
Hi, I have a user control that displays some details in a repeater, with a view buttons etc. I have now developed a second user control that is intended to provide a visual frame around something. I wanted to the HTML to look something like: <frameControl id="myFrame"> <myUserControl id="testControl" /> </frameControl> but when the page runs I get an error saying FrameControl does not have a property called myUserControl. It's right it doesn't! Inside the frameControl I just want to know who the children are. At present I have ha...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

Accessing properties of user control inside user control
I have a simple MemberPhoto user control which has a photo of a member along with username and if they are online.I would like to reuse this control inside of another user control (MemberSummary) that would include the member's photo and some basic information about the member.  I would like to know what is the "Best Practice" to set/read properties on the member photo control from a web form.1. Should the MemberSummary define a property that returns the MemberPhoto user control and there I would have access to th...

how to use an user control inside another user control?
as title, I can't wirte an user control inside an user control. how's the solution? thanks... you can. Then you gotta use the FindControl() method to manipulate it."Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"...

Problem opening a popup window from a user control that is inside another user control inside a aspx page
Hi All, I am trying to open a Lookup popup window (on a ImageButton click) from inside a address user control that I created. Just an FYI, the address user control (.ascx) is inside a main user control (.ascx) in a aspx page that is using a master page. When I click the Image button, I am tring to excute the following code in the code-behind of the address.ascx- *****************************         string stateCode = some value;        string popupScript = "<script language='javascript'&g...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

User Controls not working if I put Validation controls in user control
Hi           I have validation controls(RequiredField Validator,RegularExpressionValidator)  in user controls.User controls are not posting back like the events are not wiring up.If I remove Validation controls in User controls page,user controls are working fine.Can anyone please help me out in getting it fixed. In the Validation controls, make sure you are setting the ControlToValidate property to the control that it links to.  If you're in .NET 2.0, it's also a good idea to put all the validation controls in the same Valid...

Web resources about - General question: user controls inside user controls - asp.net.getting-started