Editable/Not Editable

Hello All,

I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.

 the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.

 shiva kumar

0
shivaatgenmills

If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
4/30/2007 2:37:59 PM
i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not modify them.
0
shivaatgenmills
4/30/2007 3:04:31 PM
ReadOnly property is the way to go...
Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
4/30/2007 3:09:15 PM
Thanks bullpit.
0
shivaatgenmills
4/30/2007 3:33:49 PM

You can do it with javascript:

    document.getElementById('TextBox1').readOnly = true;

Hope this helps!  Don't forget to mark the most helpful post(s) as Answer for the sake of future readers.  Thanks!

Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog!
0
JoshStodola

Edit but no edit

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Getting started [Edit]
Hi all, im looking for to the best way to establish a communication between applications using the web, perhaps using http or https, im not sure. I think that the model would be the traditional, a web service and clients. At the moment, im focused in the client side. Im a Delphi programmer for a long time, but i never used that approach. So, im asking for any help to have a good start and to use the best practice. Bellow, some aspects that i think to be important to consider: - which component(s) i have to use to implement the communication? (I have preference for the borland's nati...

What is with the " [Edit] [Edit] [Edit]" posts?
Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is okay. But, at least with my newsreader, Agent 6, longer threads tend to get broken into pieces, with "[Edit]" attached to the topic name. And sometimes longer threads then get [Edit] [Edit] and then [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] For example, here is a current thread: FastMM 4.96 available [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] How does this happen? Can I make them show up as one thread? Paul Doland wrote: > Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is > okay. But, at least with my...

edit test [Edit]
testing edits seen in NNTP client -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Edited by: Remy Lebeau (TeamB) on Feb 2, 2009 6:27 PM So what NNTP client are you using that allows you to edit a message? Larry "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message news:75929@forums.codegear.com... > testing edits seen in NNTP client > > -- > Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > > Edited by: Remy Lebeau (TeamB) on Feb 2, 2009 6:27 PM Larry Griffiths wrote: > Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote: > > testing edits seen in NNTP client > > So what NNTP client ...

Trail Edition of VS.net 2003 to full edition
Hi, I have a query which I hope you may be able to help me with. I have the trail edition of visual studio.net 2003 installed on my client machine with the server components of the product installed on the server. WE have just received a subscription for MSDN, which we have activated. My issue is I am a bit unsure of how I can edit the details of the trail edition, to enable me to upgrade to the full edition. I do not wish to uninstall the trail edition and reinstall the full version of Visual studio.net 2003 if I can avoid it as it is very time consuming. So could you please dir...

Get some extra data on EDIT keypress of editable datagrid
G'day, I have an editable datagrid with a EDIT PushButton. When I push EDIT I'd like to capture the value of the first column of the datagrid (I want to present some additional info about this particular item at the same time as doing the edit). eg: Sub Edit(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal E As DataGridCommandEventArgs) dgItems.EditItemIndex = E.Item.ItemIndex bindData() Dim itemID As Integer = ??? ' what is the syntax for this step here if the first column is 'itemID' ? showImages(itemID) 'will load all ...

Test edit [Edit]
Test edit 3 Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM This reply sent via http 30 minutes after original post. Original post still not displaying in nntp.. > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > Test edit 3 > > Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM > > Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM ...

currency edit? [Edit]
Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted to use a tEdit, but the is near useless unless I do a lot of custom on-key press programming. I could create a data component, but I wanted to do more validation before entering into the sql server database. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm using 2009. thanks, Edited by: William Riddell on Mar 3, 2009 1:00 PM > {quote:title=William Riddell wrote:}{quote} > Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted...

Cant get new/edited values from cells when editing a datagrid ...
I'm having some trouble with editing the data in a datagrid.   When i go into edit mode and change to values, they revert to the original ones as soon as the update command is run.  My update command runs a stored proc on a sql server database and i have checked that it is working by giving it fixed strings as the parameters.  It works fine and updates the values as required.   The problem is, when i try to feed in the cell values to the stored proc, it just saves the original values that were in the cells and not the values that i updated.   Why ...

Problem getting a Datagrid to allow users to edit it...(in line editing)
Hi, In my DNN custom module I have three panels with various controls on them. If a user clicks the "edit database" button...it makes all these panels disappear and one appear. That panel has a datagrid on it. My goal is to allow users to manipulate the database information using the datagrid. The datagrid is bound to a dataset which is pulled from the database and the data displays fine. I tried adding a button column to the datagrid (I'm using Visual Studio) and it puts a nice "edit" button to the left of every row in the database. Very nice. My understanding ...

FireDac
Just recently installed my Xe5 Ent and trying to get started on using FireDac. Installed with default settings but my installation /configuration does not match what is shown in the tutorial First Steps to Use FireDAC http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/First_Steps_to_Use_FireDAC Expected to have the default demo databases already set up, but they are not. Just feeling very frustrated... Any tips on fixing what shouldn't be broken would be appreciated. Edited by: Steven Brenner on Mar 1, 2014 6:48 PM Steven Brenner wrote: > Just recently installed my Xe...

Trying to edit web form, can't get database updated with newly edited values.
 This is my code:  when I try to update any of the fields, the update statement retains the old values retrieved from the database.  Could you tell me where my code is bad? -Thanks, Mark   <%@ Page Language="VB" %><%@Import Namespace="System.Data"%><%@Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient"%><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script runat="server"> Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVa...

Composer - GET or page for edit
It would be really cool if Composer would add some HTTP header clue for the server to pick up on. Meaning, the web server could differentiate between: 1) SeaMonkey/Browser - viewing a page 2) SeaMonkey/Composer - about-to-edit-a-page The simplest mechanism I could think of that is backwardsly compatible with HTTP specs is an Accept: type. Like so perhaps... Accept: */*, application/editing-this-page Thoughts? - Paul ...

Web resources about - Editable/Not Editable - asp.net.getting-started

ColorFun - Adult Coloring Book With Editable Text on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about ColorFun - Adult Coloring Book With Editable Text. Download ColorFun ...

Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists and more
... about iPhone , Apps , and iOS continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists ...

[Deal Alert] Equil Smartpen 2, Which Converts Your Handwritten Notes Into Editable Digital Copies, Currently ...
If you're in the market for a way to handwrite notes and convert them into a digital format that you can edit, head over to StackSocial right ...

QuickAdvice: TextGrabber Allows You To Capture Text As Editable Text
There are those times when you come across some text in a printed document that you need to make note of. TextGrabber lets you take a picture ...

Price Drop: Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable ...
Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable documents 1.1 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Business ...

Facebook makes statuses editable… but is this open to abuse?
It's extremely irritating. You change your Facebook status and immediately notice that you've made a stupid spelling mistake. This could come ...

SALE: Turn your handwritten notes into editable digital copies with the Equil Smartpen
There are times when it’s satisfying to write notes or doodle with a good old pen and paper. The downside is that once you’ve written that note ...

PDF2Office Professional Makes PDF Files Into Editable Office Docs
... This is exactly the situation PDF2Office is for— Edit PDF Files with PDF2Office Professional v6: Convert PDF & Windows XPS files into Editable ...

The Editable 'Print A Cheat-Sheet On An Aquafina Bottle Label And Ace Your Test' Website
... the hell out of some tests, but you know what? I did it in a blaze of glory and HONOR. Just in time for exams comes the White Weasel editable ...

Tablet Cheat Sheet 2.0: Now an editable spreadsheet
... thread and jumped in to help by putting the key info into a web-based spreadsheet. I’ve added more data and also made it publicly editable ...