Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?

I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?

0
jypelton
12/12/2008 3:50:41 AM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1264 Views

 I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on top of 2.0.

We All move to our original place.
Don't forget.

Imran Baloch
0
imran_ku07
12/12/2008 5:14:58 AM

Thanks. So, I'm just doing something wrong when I install the kits - they should work in at least some version of studio 2008?

0
jypelton
12/12/2008 2:23:47 PM

Ok - yes - from the article.d..

 "Visual Studio 2008 can target web applications to the .NET 2.0, .NET 3.0, or .NET 3.5 environments, meaning you can start using Visual Studio 2008 today to work on your ASP.NET 2.0 websites."

So I'm just screwing something up.  So, can the starter kits be run - say dotnetnuke or club starter be run with developer express or do you have to have the full visual studio?

0
jypelton

Based on my understandings, you want to learn something about .net 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008. If I have not misunderstood, please refer to the following link.

http://www.asp.net/learn/

Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.

Sincerely,
Zong-Qing Li
Microsoft Online Community Support
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
Zong