Do I have to register my dll before use in a VWD web app? (Unable to load DLL 'scanSW.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) error)

I think I'm having a trivial problem.  I'm sure it will be trivial once I know the answer.

I'm using Visual Web Developer 2005 to write a web application which will hopefully communicate with an external usb device.  The manufacturer of the usb device provided a dll with an Excel workbook and VBA code which performs all the tasks that I need in the web application.  This is not unfamiliar territory for me.  A few months ago I had the same dilemma with a separate external usb device from a different manufacturer who also provided a dll with an Excel workbook and VBA code.  After getting some help here in the forums I was able to communicate with the second device using the following:

Public Declare Function GetDLLVersion Lib "HCT99HID.DLL" (ByVal szVersion As String) As Integer

This works perfectly.  I have access to all the functions within this vendors dll.  Now the problem is with the other vendors dll.  When I try to access one of the functions in the dll I get the following error, even though the dll is in the bin folder:

Unable to load DLL 'scanSW.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I then used depends.exe to find out if anything was missing and the only errors I see in the output are:

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I tried to register the dll using regsvr32.exe and get the following error:

RegSvr32

c:\swdll.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

This file can not be registered.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong here?  Thank you.

0
marsonj

Unable to load DLL 'OraOps9.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Hi All, I am facing a problem when running application on .net framework 2.0. Previously all my Framework 1.1 and 2.0 application had Oracle 9 as back end, now i updated the oracle to Oracle 10G, my Framework 1.1 application are running fine but application on Framework 2.0 is giving following error. Unable to load DLL 'OraOps9.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) or System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.ActiveDs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c3233e63e7ed8c0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Interop.ActiveDs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c3233e63e7ed8c0' at IRIS.User.GetUserFromLDAP(String sUserName, String sUserDom) at IRIS.User.InitializeUser(String sUserName, String sUserDomain, Boolean bIsAuthenticate) at IRIS.User..ctor(String sUserName, String sDomain, Boolean bIsAuthenticate) at IRIS.UserLibrary.CheckOutUser(String sKey, Boolean bIsAuthenticate, Boolean bIsCache) === Pre-bind state information === LOG: User = AD\ni660412 LOG: DisplayName = Interop.ActiveDs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c3233e63e7ed8c0 (Fully-specified) LOG: Appbase = file:///G:/Projects/IMDSHELP/ LOG: Initial PrivatePath = G:\Projects\IMDSHELP\bin Calling assembly : IRISObjects, Version=1.0.1.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4c3233e63e7ed8c0. === LOG: This bind starts in...

Unable to load DLL 'foo.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
I have .Net 1.1  Application that works fine with the same dll, after redesigning application to 2.o Framework I have this error, I tried to compile it with /MT (this is C++ project in ANSI C, planned to be working on different platforms), but had no luck. Even tryed to make dummy dll  with function doing nothing - still didn't work. What can be problem and how to fix it? I am getting the same error message.  "The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"  Just wondering if you found a solution to this problem.  My&nb...

Post-windows updates reboot always generates the error" Unable to load DLL 'activeds.dll': The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) "
Everytime after automatic reboot as a result of Windows Updates on my XP machine, its hosted web page gives the following error: "Unable to load DLL 'activeds.dll': The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) " I know how to solve it -  run "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i" and reboot the machine.  I am wondering if anyone knows any trick to prevent this? Thanks in advance.  Hong  Hong...

Unable to load DLL 'libmonetra.dll': Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
 Unable to load DLL 'libmonetra.dll': Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'libmonetra.dll': Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))Source Error: Line 240: Dim status As String Line 241: Line 242: Monetra.M_InitEngine("") Line 243: Monetra.M_InitConn(conn) Line 244: Monetra.M_SetSSL(c...

Unable to load DLL 'iphlpapi.dll': Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
  Dear All, I have searched through the Internet for solution to this problem. I have been on it for the past three days. I have a class SendMail.cs in my application with the member method below: private void Mailer(string mfrom, string mTo, string mSubject, string mBody, string mBcc)    {         MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();        msg.From = new MailAddress(mfrom);        msg.To.Add(mTo);        msg.Bcc.Add(mBcc);&n...

Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3.dll': Invalid access to memory location. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E6)
All,  I need ur help in this isue. When I open my application on local, it works well. And when I open the application on the server, it cannot find the sqlite3.dll. I checked that the dll file is in the BIN and in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies" and still have the problem. I don't know why he cannot find the dll.  Also in the stack trace I have : [DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3.dll': Invalid access to ...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a, double b); }; }  /////////////////////////////////Now my c#.net code is as follows using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using CPPDLL; using System.Runtime.InteropServices; public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page { [DllImport("CPPDLL.dll", EntryPoint="Add")] private static extern double Add(double a, double b); protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { } protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { double sum = Add(12, 13); } } After running the application when i press the button the following error is displayed….. Unable to find an entry point named ‘Add’ ...

Exception: Unable to load DLL 'essapinu.dll': Access is denied
Hi Guys, I am new to ASP.NET development and I encountered a problem when I deploy the application on my machine (Win XP Pro). When I visit a page that needs to access a dll file, it generates the following error. This dll is related to Essbase which the application needs to use at some point. I put this dll file is under a folder inside the 'bin' folder and am sure that the file does exist there.  ======================== ...

Couldn`nt load DLL 'libdbxml_dotnet21.dll', HRESULT: 0x8007007E
Hi.I`ve been trying to use Berkeley XML database in my asp.net project. I`ve downloaded .net library provided by Parthenoncomputing which is (probably ?) wrapper to native c++ library provided by Oracle. When I created standard Console Application in VS2008 and added reference to library it worked perfectly, when I tried to run Web Application using Visual Studio web server - it also worked. But when I tried to run my web application using IIS 5.1 (Win Xp Pro sp2) i got exception : Unable to load DLL 'libdbxml_dotnet21.dll'. The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).1. I copied libdbxml_dotnet21.dll to application \bin and added path to \bin folder to PATH variable but it didn`t help. Can anyone help me how to load this library correctly ? Ps: Sorry for poor english.       I guess you can't load that dll because of the dependencies (it can be found, but it can't be loaded).If you run Dependency Walker on libdbxml_dotnet21.dll you will see that it requires LIBDB43.DLL, which is not present in the latest Berkeley DB XML (now it's 2.4.16). It will work with the older one e.g. Berkeley DB XML 2.1.8. That was exactly the cause of my problem. I solved id by using FileMon to se the dependency problems, and then copied database files to corrent dir.Regards,piechu. ...

Unable to load DLL 'activeds.dll'
hi all, i facing a problem now, when i try to programmatically create website in IIS and add host name in DNS.......it return me this error...... Unable to load DLL 'activeds.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A) may i know what is this problem and and how can i solve this problem ... thanks thanks ....i found the solution d..... Hi goh6613We are having similar issues. How do you solve this problem?Thanksrsam    hi rsam4webtry to reboot your server.........my problem solved once i reboot my server......

Unable to load DLL 'mqrt.dll'
Hi all,  i'm Having a problem when i load the porject the error is Unable to load DLL 'mqrt.dll'   can somebody help me to solve this issue..... Can you post the entire error message?If an answer has been provided to you question please mark it as an answer....

Unable to load DLL 'sybdrvado11.dll'
I am getting an error while instantiating the AseConnection object. This is a sample application distributed with ADO.NET. I have compiled the sample application "Advanced" using C# and VS 2005. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'sybdrvado11.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) at Sybase.Data.AseClient.Unmanaged.AseGetDriverVersion(StringBuilder value, Int32 capacity) at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection.CheckVersion() at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnection..ctor(String connectionString) Hi Raidu, This DLL sybdrvado11.dll must be the same version as the Sybase.Data.AseClient.dll, and must be on the PATH OR in the directory that the application is starting from. Check to see if the DLLs match in version. -Paul "Raidu" <raidu@mobitor.com> wrote in message news:452d4146$1@forums-2-dub... >I am getting an error while instantiating the AseConnection object. > This is a sample application distributed with ADO.NET. I have compiled the > sample application "Advanced" using C# and VS 2005. > > Exception: > System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ...

odd error: 'RdleaseSemaphore' in DLL 'kernel32.dll'.
I have a windows 2003 Standard sp2 32bit server running ASP.NET 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.5 9with service packs, etc running that whenever attempting to use any connection to MSSQL throws the following error:  Exception Details: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'RdleaseSemaphore' in DLL 'kernel32.dll'.     I have tried simple apps, to complex apps, and they errors are the same. Google is unable to find anything on this matter which is rare. Has ANYONE ever seen this, and if not what could cause it?   i can provide the...

Error 43 The type 'Controls_XX' exists in both '..\App_Web_blah1.dll' and '..\App_Web_blah2.dll'
When I try to publish my website I keep getting these errors which relate to various conflicts present in subdirectories at c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ The problem always relates to a particulate User Control : 'Controls_PgHeader', which is just about the only control which is modified from one compilation to the next. Other than manually deleting the files which are in conflict, what is the solution and source of this problem? Here is a sample error message: Error 43 The type 'Controls_PgHeader' exists in bot...

Embedding Cassini on a C# project ==> Unable to load DLL 'webengine.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed
I have created a Cassini DLL and made a reference to a C# project.When I run the C# application and try to create a reference to the Cassini web server, I SOMETIMES get the following error:>> Unable to load DLL 'webengine.dll': A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed I try adding the WebEngine.DLL on the BIN directory of the C# project and on the BIN directory of the website that Cassini should be running...Not sure what else to do.  Filippo This actually happens only when i run it from VS 2005. If I run it outside, it does not get that error. Which makes t...

Moved web service to new server. Getting 'Unable to load dbexpmss.dll' [Edit]
Web service is writtend in D2005 and has been running fine on old server. Old and new servers both running Win Server 2003. When client app attempts remote query via web service, an exception is generated: Unable to Load dbexpmss.dll. The path for the folder containing the dll is in the windows path, just as it was on the old server. Any ideas? Edited by: Jerry Martinez on Sep 17, 2010 12:49 PM Hi Jerry, > Web service is writtend in D2005 and has been running fine on old server. > > When client app attempts remote query via web service, an exception is generated:...

INSTALL 'freetyp6.dll' and 'fntcfg2.dll' i
Where can I download these as non yum/rum versions? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville On 03/10/15 11:08 AM, Dave Saville wrote: > Where can I download these as non yum/rum versions? > > TIA > http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/zip/ contains all the zip files that have been packaged as zip files. Don't forget about libpng-1_6_16-1_oc00.zip, urpo.dll which needs to be the latest and may have not been packaged and possibly z, bzip, and xv libraries, I haven't tried the newest but Bitwise seems to want to have as many dependencies as possible. Dave ps GCC1.d...

I'm using isapi dll, but how to hide the '.dll' url. [Edit]
My site:http://www.abc.com/zealman/main.dll . I want to show the website url like this: http://www.abc.com/zealman/ Thanks! Use IIS or other Method? On 6/4/2013 6:24 AM, Zealman Fang wrote: > Use IIS or other Method? You'll need to change to SA or use our new ASPX deployment. -- "Programming is an art form that fights back" IntraWeb IRC and Web Chat: http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Support/IRC.aspx Thanks Chad ...

The database DLL 'crdb_oracle.dll' could not be loaded.
Configuration: Asp.Net 2.0 Oracle 10g. Visual Studio 2005 Prof. Ed. Crystal Reports 10 Adv. Dev. A simple crystal report named "Report1.rpt" is built in crystal reports 10 Adv. Dev. and works fine when run in CR Designer mode.  However, accessing it from Asp.Net page gives following error:“Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_oracle.dll' could not be loaded. Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Report1 {F5957DEE-E12A-4456-B718-50C6EE90BA46}.rpt: Failed to load database information.” Stored procedure is as follows:- &nbs...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_oracle.dll' could not be loaded.
 i m using Crystal report with ASP.NET and oracle 10g at backend using asp.net component to create a report but it gives the error failed to load database information is there any prob i ve NTFS pration type ?? plz help me  tnx in advance. Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_oracle.dll' could not be loaded. Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\SYEDAD~1\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\{A459F4A5-6692-444B-9B91-999CDF5B860D}.rpt: Failed to load database information. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the curren...

Unable to load DLL '' : Access is denied error
Hi, I have just published a dev project based on this tutorial to a development server. http://www.paolocorti.net/public/wordpress/index.php/2006/09/20/mapserver-tutorial-for-c-mapscript-asp-net/   however I am getting this error... Unable to load DLL 'mapscript': Access is denied The permissions on the server allow access to the bin folder and to the correct dlls to the IUSR_<SERVER_NAME> user and to the ASPNET user account. Can anyone help with this error, ThanksDave Hi, Refer, http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/error/unabletoloaddllRegards,Kumar Kiran | Pro...

Problem: The type 'typename' exists in both 'dll-name-1' and 'dll-name-2'
Hi at all!For some strange reason I sometimes (not always) get the following compilation error when starting my ASP.net project:Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.formscontrols_worker_it_ascx' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0....

Occaisonal Build problems (type 'xxx' exists in both 'yyy.dll' and 'xxx.dll')?
Hello: Been working with Express for about 2 months now -- and it generally works fine -- but I occaisonally get this error message when I rebuild projects to rerun it: ------ Rebuild All started: Project: http://localhost/TestIV/, Configuration: Debug .NET ------ Build Web Beginning D:\DEV\DEV_NET\CS\SITES\TestIV\portal.aspx(9,31): error CS0433: The type 'ASP.Portal' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\testiv\2bc5e680\fdf16dd9\f3iai7un.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\testiv\...