This seems to be a common question, but i havent got an answer yet:(
Can, any one please explain me the differences between these versions.

If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants!
0
narik
4/24/2007 3:54:18 AM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 5976 Views

There are too many differences for one email - - from 1.0 to 1.1 (not a whole lot of real change, other than fixes, at least compared to 1.1 to 2.0)
With 2.0, there were many new declarative controls, with many new ideas added in
With 3.0, it's a superset of 2.0 - instead of replacing the installation completely, it just 'added on' new functionality - I would first suggest finding out all you can about 2.0 - that's a good starting point.....by the time you get to 3.0, maybe 3.5 will be released....
:)

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
4/24/2007 4:14:47 AM

Hi narik,
I've searched thru the internet and collected the following information for u.
what's new in .net 1.1(compared to 1.0): http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9wtde3k4.aspx
what's new in .net2.0(compared to 1.1): http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t357fb32.aspx
the differences between .net 3.0 and .net 2.0& 1.0 : http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=659520&rl=1
                                                                           http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/archive/2006/06/09/624300.aspx
Hope my suggestion can answer your question :)
This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Bo