Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition

  •  What is the Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition ?
  • I am yet using ASP.NET  Through Visual Studio 2005
  • If I use Visual Web Developer Express Edition then which new facilities I get?
  • Which is the best ?

0
chintanshah19

Check out this page:

Visual Studio 2005 Product Feature Comparisons

Darrell Norton, MVP
Darrell Norton's Blog

DarrellNorton
9/27/2007 5:09:33 PM

In a nutshell, the Express Edition suite of products from Microsoft are typically free and stripped of some features.

Joseph Guadagno
My Website: http://www.josephguadagno.net
My Blog - http://weblogs.asp.net/jguadagno/

If this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.
0
jguadagno

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Difference between "Visual Studio 2005 Professional" and "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition"
I would like to build a web application for my department.  But I found that both tools can be used to build a ASP web site.  What is the difference between these two tools ?  Do they function the same ?  You can review this online features matrix between all visual studio versionshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Have a look here http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx. Thanks----------------------------------------------------------...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

Visual Web Developer Express Edition vs. Visual Studio Express Edition
Can someon summzrize the difference between these two tools and why I should use one versus the other? My goal is to learn ASP.NET with VB Hi, Visual Web Developer Express edition is the tool for starting with ASP.NET. Visual Studio Express Editions are for developing desktop applications and component libraries. You'll get a good start at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU well that is easy Visual web Developer is asp.net and is what you will want to use to learn asp.net with VB. the visual studio Express Editions are just the VB ...

Should I buy Visual Studio 2005 or Get Visual Web Developer Express
I currently use Visual Studio 2003 and don't see how I can ever do without it. I am a web developer who uses exclusevely C# in development. At times, I will develop controls in C# for my websites for reuse.Now that ASP.NET 2 is coming and therefore the new version of Visual Studio (which is 2005), I am looking to upgrade. However, the FREE Visual Web Developer Express C# development tool looks like it has everything I need in order to develop enterprise class websites and controls.My question is: is there a list of functionality that will show me what Visual Studio 2005 has that Wed Develope...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Getting Started with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Visual Web Developer Express Edition, which released on 11/7/2005, is an easy to use, yet powerful, tool for developing ASP.NET 2.0 applications.  The free download is available at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/default.aspxThis forum is a great place for questions and discussions about using Visual Web Developer Express.  Don't forget to also check out the other resources on www.asp.net, including the new Starter Kits, Quickstart and Guided Tour. Rich Ersek Web Platform & Tools Team Community Lead PM...

Creating a Centralized dll and migrating to visual studio 2005 from visual web developer express edition
HI, I would like to know if there is a way to create a centralized (only one) dll file for all the aspx files.Because when using visual studio 2003 when i click the build it automatically creates a dll file and puts it in the bin folder. But visual web developer does not seems to do it. the reason i want to do it is, when i up load the files to the web server there are 2 file for each aspx file(1 aspx file and 1 aspx.cs file). but if i just have 1 dll file for all the aspx file then i can only load the aspx file which looks less messy in the server.if i do this will it effect the perf...

Web resources about - Difference Between Visual Studio 2005 & Visual Web Developer Express Edition - asp.net.getting-started

Can You Spot the Difference?
The shamelessness on the part of Lenovo is almost breathtaking. Update: And then there’s Samsung’s new TV interface : white frosted translucent ...

Not a dime's worth of difference? by @BloggersRUs
Not a dime's worth of difference? by Tom Sullivan A couple of articles bring to mind the "lesser of two evils" argument one often hears on ...

Reruns on cable are not the same as the originals — check out these differences
Cable channels speed up and modify the reruns they air. The increased speed can result in two more minutes of advertising per show. Produced ...

Listing Consumption Differences
... wines at affordable prices. These wines almost never rise to the quality of Chateau Petrus, d’yquem, or the best Montrachets, but the differences ...

In a drab 2015 for investors, four stocks made all the difference
On the surface, almost nothing happened in U.S. stock and bond markets last year. But when you look beneath the surface, you see that 2015 should ...

The Hateful Eight Ending Differences from Script Revealed - Collider
Brian Formo attended a live read of 'The Hateful Eight' in 2014 and he reveals all the ending changes from Quentin Tarantino's script to the ...

Brinson: Bye weeks ‘makes a huge difference’ for Manning
... form Search 24° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Brinson: Bye weeks ‘makes a huge difference’ ...