Difference between String and string

When would you use String as apposed string, when writing functions certain functions work when defined as

private string help ( string param){
}
Others require the following
private string help ( String param){
}
Does anybody know why?
0
Mita77

In C#, string is an alias for the .NET Framework provided type String (and recall C# is case sensitive).  I am not aware of any compelling reason to use one vs. the other.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

what is the difference between String and string ?
first, i thought that String is reference-type and string is value-type, so I try: String s; s = "123"; String s2; s2 = s; s2 = "456"; MessageBox.Show(s); but the result is not as good as i thought, it show "123", not "456" so what is the difference between String and string ?MSN: unfriendlyboy@hotmail.comASP.NET fan. There is no difference. string is just an c# alias for CLR type System.String, just like int is an alias for System.Int32Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

string() = string()
this code does not work (not instance of object) Dim Items(), Other() As String Items = New String() {"A","B","C"} Other = New String() {} Other = Items how can I get all the values ? angiras Hi, If I understand your requirement correctly, this should do it Dim Items() As String = {"A", "B", "C"} Dim Other(Items.Length - 1) As String Items.CopyTo(Other, 0) To more closely match you code above, but this will be less efficient Dim Items(), Other() As String ...

string and string[]
hello, whats the difference here between string and string[] thanks "string" denotes an item of type String "string[]" denotes an array of type String itemsThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Gracia mon ami...

String and string?
Hi guys, I was wondering the difference between small letter string type and a capital letter String type. Does anyone know about this? Highly appreciate for your answers! Thankz! The "proper" version is String, as it references the System.String class of the .NET Framework Class Library. The ability to use string is provided by C#, where it is an alias to String. Similarly, the "proper" version of an integer is Int32, as it references System.Int32.  The ability to use int is provided by C#, and the ability to use Integer is provided by VB.NET, and both int and Integer are aliases...

String and String[]
What will be the advantage of using myString: String[10] over myString: String Man wrote: > What will be the advantage of using > myString: String[10] > over > myString: String "String[10]" is a fixed-length, statically allocated, Ansi-based ShortString. "String" is a dynamic-length, dynamically allocated, reference counted, Ansi-based or Unicode-based (depening on Delphi version) Long string. Unless you absolutely need the static, fixed length nature of ShortString, such as in records that interact with external systems, you should stay ...

string to string[]
Hi, I've got this code : string[] Params; string SQL = "SELECT * FROM T_MANAGEMENT_PAGES"; SqlCommand myCommand = new SqlCommand(SQL, myConnection); myConnection.Open(); SqlDataReader myReader = myCommand.ExecuteReader(); try { while (myReader.Read()) { Params_Type = myReader.GetValue(0).ToString(); } } catch { } finally { } myReader.Close(); My problem is to obtain Params_Type. But each time, it says : "impossible to convert '[object]' in 'string[]' &quo...

Difference between string and String #3
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between string and String (lowercase / uppercase "S")?This is just a general question which really applies to all types with the same "issue".If everything happens for a reason what is the reason for this error? They're basically the same thing.  "String" is just .NET's model.  string is an alias for System.String. There's another thread with a bit more info in it here."Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to c...

difference between String and string #2
difference between String and string String selectedMode = DropDownList1.SelectedValue; string selectedMode = DropDownList1.SelectedValue;Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. There are no differences. The name "string" is an intrinsic type that is mapped to the "String" class.Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET They are the same , Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer. Nothing - string is just the C# alias for System.String. C# defines a number of aliases for CLR types. They may be used...

a string in a string in a string in my code behind....
I know my title talk about code-behind, but this is really a client-side problem (and surely a newby one too, sorry about that).I have a javascript function that my make a little text appear when the onmouseover event of a link is activated.So, normally, if my link was inside my html code, it would be something like this:<a href = "whocare.com"  onmouseover="poplink('I want to test something');">test</a>BUT, for some reason, I have to write this part in code behind with the LiteralControl function....and that will give something like that:this.Controls.Add(new LiteralCo...

m_AVP As IDictionary(Of String, String) = New Dictionary(Of String, String) ,not defined?
   I am creating a usercontrol (ascx,ascx.vb)   I have used Imports system.Collections Imports system.Collections.Generic     Private m_AttributeValuePair As IDictionary(Of String, String) = New Dictionary(Of String, String)     But I am gettting an error “Type Dictionary is not defined”   And also I am getting intelisense to type the line But what is the reason for my error ? How can I get escape from the error ?         this error is not showing today  ...

Difference between String.Empty and string.Empty?
Is there a difference if you use String.Empty or string.Empty?  Is there a performance hit....

Difference b/w string and String.
I would like to know what is the difference between string with small s data type and String with caps S datatype.  Nothing. string (with a lowercase 's') is an alias for 'System.String'. The only advantage of using 'string' is that you don't need to add the 'System' namespace as using directive or type out its namespace.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog string is an alias for System.String in the .NET Regards,Punithkumar Hi  The string type represents a sequence of zero or more Unicode characters. strin...

What is difference between String and String Builder Class
hi What is difference between String and String Builder Class.   shafqat Usually, String is immutable which means once you have the content there you cannot change it. While StringBuilder is mutable because it allows you to change the content you have already placed. Notice that a string allows you to change the content but offcourse it creates a new string reference. For example, all string methods return a new string and don't update the same string variable. When you have huge ammount of concatination, best recommendation to go for StringBuilder! hth, RegardsBilal Hadiar, MC...

[String].isNullorEmpty and String.isNullorEmpty . what the difference between them?
When String with brackets,what does is mean?the red one eg.[String].isNullorEmpty It most likely means that you can subsitute any string for it, for example: dim strName as string if strName.isNullOrEmpty then strname = "default" end if Rem: if strName.isNullOrEmpty then IsNullOrEmpty is a Shared method of the String Class so it is always called as String.IsNullOrEmpty(yourString) and does not actually get called from an instance of a String. If you compile this:[String].IsNullOrEmpty("test") String.IsNullOrEmpty("test") It Decompiles (via Reflector) to this:Strin...

Web resources about - Difference between String and string - asp.net.getting-started

World powers adopt UN Syria resolution to end civil war, but differences on Assad's future as leader ...
The UN Security Council unanimously adopts a resolution endorsing a peace process to end the Syrian war.

Differences Matter
I was struck by this paragraph in the Slate piece on our portfolio company YouNow this weekend: In theory, YouNow sounds a bit like Twitter’s ...

Debate showed differences between parties
Much of the commentary and analysis from Saturday night’s Democratic debate in New Hampshire will undoubtedly focus on the questions of national ...

Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’
Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’

Does Paris deal fall short? Yes. But no difference between the parties on climate change? Come on
Bill McKibben—one the most important environmental activists of our time— says the recent Paris climate agreement “falls short.” Paul Krugman, ...

Secret Skills For Success: Know The Difference Between Change And Transition
I'm talking to Susan (not her real name), who has asked for some advice on a career transition. And wow, she is not making it easy for me... ...

The 11 Biggest Differences Between the Book and Movie Versions of The Force Awakens
Many movie novelizations are surprisingly different than the actual movies. The original Star Wars had a book version that was weirdly different ...