Device not ready error

This is my first post, I hope I'm putting it in the right section....
I'm getting the following error and I was wondering if anyone has an suggestions as to what is wrong.
This is running off Windows 2000 & IIS 5.0
I think this is the code that's causing the error (How can I tell from the call stack which line of code is causing the error?)
Dim enc As Encoding
Dim objXMLTW As New XmlTextWriter(("C:\XMLDownloads\customer.xml"), enc)
objXMLTW.WriteStartDocument()
The code works fine on a Windows XP Pro running IIS 5.1

I look at the stack trace (see below) but it gives me no further explaination.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The device is not ready.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[IOException: The device is not ready.
]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +723
   System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +888
   System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +45
   System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode) +44
   DataOne._Option.DownloadShipTo()
   DataOne._Option.LinkButton1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +138

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

0
jeff_8180

trying to get started and i am getting this error
when i go to http://www.porkchopsplayground.com, i get: DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Could not find file 'd:\hosting\nmoran26\Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider\DotNetNuke.mdb'. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Nicole Do you have a username and password set on your database? Make sure you follow the steps mentionned in the Readme.txt located in the documentation folder. In any case make sure your credentials for yo...

Getting error in Net::SFTP with get function
------=_Part_7028_3315294.1193837808284 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi All, I have the following code as part of my program; print "---=========> $file, $localFile\n"; $sftp -> get( $file, $localFile ) || warn("errrrr0rrrrr _---> $!".$sftp->status."\n");^M Even though it has downloaded the file properly, it is giving the following message: ---=========> /trading/tiscrdenhlist10310000.txt.old, /export/home/crdadm/rajeev/tiscrdenhlist103...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Errors getting started
I'm new to ASP.NET and am trying to get a very simple hello world page working. On my 2003 server, when I hit the hello.aspx page, I get a DNS error. Looking in the httperr log, I see: 2004-08-16 21:22:12 <ip> 1462 <ip> 80 HTTP/1.1 GET /IDE/hello.aspx - 1 Connection_Abandoned_By_AppPool There's nothing in the web access log (Logfiles/W3SVC1) And in the event viewer I see: A process serving application pool 'TestPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '1224'. The process exit code was '0xc06d007e'. And/Or: A process serving application pool 'TestP...

Getting Start With .net

Ready to get started...
OK, here's what I have done so far: 1) I have downloaded and imstalled 'Web Matrix'. 2) I have downloaded and looked at the installation for the asp.NET Forums (See later) 3) I have downloaded and tried to install the 'sql2ksp3' file. (See next) 4) I have downloaded and installed the microsoft framework (1.1) - sql2ksp3 file: What do I do?? When I clikc on setup the following error occurs: "A strong SA password is required for security reasons. Please use SAPWD switch to apply the same. Refer to the readme for more details. Setup will now exit" Whats th...

how to get start with .NET

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

device is not ready error?
i am copy my web project into one system and iam running directly without VisualStudio its running but in one form was not working one dialog box was comming windows intrenet explorer "Device Is Not Ready" .whats the solution? Hi, Based on my understandings, you want to publish the web application to the server. If so, I suggest to confirm whether the application runs well at the localhost at first. Then install the relative .net framework in on the server.  Afterwards, please refer to the following link below for the information about "ASP.NET and IIS C...

Started getting error for SOME users.
I've started to get a few others to add accounts to the TT web pages and have started getting the error below when the following line in TimeEntry.aspx.cs is executed: //Select User Drop Down to the correct value. UserList.Items.FindByValue(_user.UserID.ToString()).Selected=true; The _user.UserID = 11 in the immediate window when I enter ?_user_UserID <enter>, but if I try to add the ToString() method, it tells me "error: '_user.UserID.ToString' does not exist" Some users work correctly, some get the error. They haven't set up any projects yet, so the only table w...

Get SQL Error from .Net
I am sing SQL Procedures for Insert and Update. In the SQL Procedure i used try catch.  How can i get the SQL exception from .net. Try{ //Execute your sql here.}Catch  (SqlException and sqlEx){ //Do Something}   Pushing out shapes, to a popular beat combo. If you want to cause an error in the calling application you need to raise an error in the Catch Block.  If you just want to return the error information as a resultset, execute a select statement.  There are several variables, only available in the Catch Block, that you can use to ret...

Get this error at every start up . . .
Name: Product: Minefield Summary: Get this error at every start up . . . Comments: NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS '[JavaScript Error: "Cc['@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1'] is undefined" {file: "chrome://forecastfox/content/ping/ping-service.js" line: 86}]' when calling method: [ffIPingService::start] Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.3a6pre) Gecko/20100615 Minefield/3.7a6pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to th...

Web resources about - Device not ready error - asp.net.getting-started

Mobile Internet device - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are designed to provide entertainment, information and location-based services for personal use, rather than for corporate use. They allow ...

Mali-470 to enable smartphone-quality visuals on wearable and IoT devices
... a new highly-efficient graphics processing unit (GPU), the ARM® Mali™-470 GPU, to enable smartphone-quality visuals on wearable and IoT devices. A ...

Almost half of all Christmas week activations were Apple devices
It looks like Cupertino has once again dominated the Christmas season, because according to a recent poll, almost half of all new device activations ...

LG’s Amazon Echo-like device controls smart home devices and plays music
(credit: LG ) Ahead of CES 2016, LG is hopping on the smart speaker bandwagon with a new device that looks somewhat familiar. The company announced ...

Apple dominates holiday shopping season; iOS accounted for 49% of new device activations
... consumers in impressive fashion. During the Christmas holiday shopping period, measured from December 19th through December 25th, iOS devices ...

$5 million lawsuit asks: did iOS 9 cripple iPhone 4s devices?
Smart upgraders know that when a major new version of iOS drops, older devices might want to think twice about updating. That advice isn’t much ...

HTC pushing VR device for car demonstration purposes
High Tech Computer (HTC) has cooperated with car vendors such as Audi and will start using its virtual reality (VR) device, the HTC Vive, to ...

Our Favorite Android Devices of 2015
With apps and games out of the way, you may be curious what our favorite Android devices of the year are? No? That’s rude and we are going to ...

10 Messaging Apps for Mobile Device Users Who Are Tired of SMS
We look at 10 alternatives to traditional SMS that are popular, easy to use, reliable, available on multiple platforms and often save chat history. ...

UW lands $16M to develop implantable devices that fix paralyzed limbs
... researchers won a four-year, $16 million grant from the National Science Foundation this week to continue developing implantable devices that ...