Creating an output file

Hi,

How would I write to an output file using VB and ASP.net? Are there any faqs on the subject?
Thanks!
0
philatpci

Define output file... what exactly do you want to output to the file?
0
Sharbel_
1/11/2004 3:26:46 PM
I'm not particularly sure what you mean by 'ouput' file - - however, this code sample shows how to create and write a text file:

Creating & Writing Text Files
David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind

Error Message F2039 Could not create output file (output file name)
First, thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide. I made a few changes to my application, i.e., added several units from an older version, and got the above error message when I attempted to execute it. Even after I went through and removed the recently added on units, I am still getting the error message and termination. What do I have to do to clean this up? I cannot see where something changed that I did not undo from removing the recently added-on, troublesome units. Once again, thank you very much. John Shyer I am using Delphi XE on Windows 7. John Sh...

Create web setup file,in project output there is only "Content files" no "Primary outputs"
 Create web setup file,in project output there is only "Content files" no "Primary outputs".net bother Primary output is required in windows application, it's not required in web application. Web application need only bin folder and .aspx forms. Web setup is only for web application so if you will select content files then it will make setup which contains necessary folders (bin, app_code, etc) and .aspx pages. You don't need to add primary output.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Error in different perl scipt file
Dear Friends, I am beginner & i am new in perl scripting language, currently i using perl 5.8.8 version. I installed DBI module through CPAN to connect different database. Yes i got output by connecting to the database. My problem is : My first perl script filename is : first.pl My second perl script filename is : second.pl * When i run my first perl script file ( first.pl ) it running and i got the output. * But when i used to run my second perl script file ( second.pl ) its not running & i didn't get the output. Its showing "In...

how to get date created of file while uploading any file
Hi, I am using FileUpload control in C# to upload files into database in my web application. My requirement is that I need to have Date Created, Date Modified and Last Access date of the file being uploaded and store the same into my database. I used "System.IO.File.GetCreationTime(finfo.FileName).ToShortDateString();" which is working fine in my local system. But after deploying on my webserver, it is giving me only "12/31/1600". Does any one know any work around this? Regards,Krunal hi doshi_krunaln, If you ar eusing ToShortDateString(0 function it will always re...

Getting "Problem in Mapping Fragment starting at line ..." error when trying to create table mappings for table associations in ADO.NET Entity Framework
 Table A: COUNTRY_LOOKUP COUNTRY_ID   smallintclustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    COUNTRY_ID TABLE B: COUNTRY_MODE_RULES CARRIER_ID    intMODE_RULE_TYPE_ID    intORIG_COUNTRY_ID    smallintDEST_COUNTRY_ID    smallint clustered, unique, primary key located on PRIMARY    CARRIER_ID, MODE_RULE_TYPE_ID, ORIG_COUNTRY_ID, DEST_COUNTRY_IDThere is a foreign key relationship from COUNTRY_MODE_RULES to COUNTRY_LOOKUPORIG_COUNTRY_IDREFERENCES .COUNTRY_LOOKUP (COUNTRY_ID)DEST_CO...

Creating .NET Code to read a .his file (like a .txt file)
Hello all! I'd like to read data from a temperature control program that posts data to a .his file.  Sample entries are pasted below: "","",RT3-RH%,RT3-HUSP,RT3-ZNT,RT3-RAT1,12/4/06 4:10:52 PM,13.12,45.00,64.44,65.882,12/4/06 4:15:52 PM,13.13,45.00,64.44,65.813,12/4/06 4:20:52 PM,13.08,45.00,64.44,65.754,12/4/06 4:25:52 PM,13.13,45.00,64.44,65.695,12/4/06 4:30:52 PM,13.11,45.00,64.44,65.696,12/4/06 4:35:52 PM,13.09,45.00,64.44,65.637,12/4/06 4:40:52 PM,13.27,45.00,64.44,65.568,12/4/06 4:45:52 PM,13.32,45.00,64.44,65.75  I'd like to skip the first line...

How to get the load address of the .net executable file(exe file) ?
hello: I am reading an article about .net(Rewrite MSIL Code on the Fly with the .NET Framework Profiling API)from msdn, http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/09/NETProfilingAPI/ ,but i have some trouble about it . it said : If you added the method's RVA to the load address (the address where the executable file for the "Hello World!" assembly was loaded), you would see a memory dump layout similar to the one shown in Figure 3. On my machine, the load address was 0x06EA1000, I want to know : how can i get the load address of the exe file on my machine?is there s...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

how can i Get OCX File in .net IDE vb.net/C3
hi all,      How can I generate OCX file in VB.net/c# 2005 that will interact in web pages...?Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, As far as I know, VB 2005 and C# 2005 cannot create the project for ocx file. However, I hope the following link will be helpful to you. Creating an ActiveX Control in Visual Studio 2005http://msmvps.com/blogs/pauldomag/archive/2006/08/16/107758.aspxSincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other co...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net
When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above. It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down. I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed. I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1. This is driving me fec...

Failed to create file E:\WINNT\MicASP.NET Files\sitereports\56d3696b\73c4c781\yxzzo4qg.out.
I moved the project from my local machine to the server and I keep getting this error: Failed to create file E:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\sitereports\56d3696b\73c4c781\yxzzo4qg.out. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during compilation using the CodeDomProvider 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider'. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: Failed to create file E:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322...

I create the file like this System.IO.File.Create("pallingtest1.txt") but how do I tell it where to save the file?
can anyone help? Why don't you specify the fully qualified path where you want to write the file rather than try and figure out where its going to write it? Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  From the MSDN docs: <i>The path parameter is permitted to specify relative or absolute path information. Relative path information is interpreted as relative to the current working directory. To obtain the current working directory, see GetCurrentDirectory.</i>http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

Web resources about - Creating an output file - asp.net.getting-started

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Online Ads that Drive Brand Awareness
New research shows how the creative elements of online ads impact brand awareness.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nets of freedom creating mesh networks 03.07.2013 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Strelka Institute photo's photos on Flickr. Strelka Institute photo has uploaded 14526 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...