Copy a file from one machine to another machine

Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums

Hai All,

I need a Help.

How to copy a file from One Machine to another Machine in the same Network using C#.

Please Enlighten me.

Thanx,

Karthik.A

0
aks_karthik

use the System.IO.File.Copy() method. You can lay a network share to the other server so the destination address becomes accessible.

Grz, Kris.

XIII
5/18/2006 12:39:30 PM

But i need to do it without Share

if it's possible thro! FTP . I need the code.

I tried it with share.

i was not able to write in the System but i was able to read the file and copy in the local.

Please advice me to do .

Thanx,

Karthik.A

0
aks_karthik
XIII

Copy files from one machine to another machine
--0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi all, I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet which will copy the files Please advice Regards Irfan. --0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322-- On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Irfan Sayed <irfan_sayed2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . > Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet whi...

How to copy an application from one machine to another machine
Hello,  I've seen online that an ASP.NET site which has been designed on one computer won't work when moved/copied to another computer.  I found a couple of articles which mention that if you go to IIS , browse for your folder (the ASP.NET website) , right click on the folder, properties->Create it will convert the folder to an application and then you can execute it without raising an error... But I can't find the folder/the ASP.NET website in IIS?  So I haven't been able to "Create it".. Could anyone help me out please? ...

copying application from one machine to another?
How do we copy an web application from one machine to another? I tried to drag the files over and it doesn't work, it gives me strange errors. Are there conventional ways that I can move an application over to another machine safely. I am developing with another person, so both our machine need the code and we don't have a cvs. Please help! thanks What errors did it give you? Well, I dragged over all the files including the folder. and when i build the solution, it says dataset not declared or initialized. I went to the aspx file and found that the declaration of the dataset is go...

Copy files/directories from a local machine to remote one
Hello! I’m new in ASP.NET but I used ASP before. I am looking for ways to copy files and/or directories from my local machine to another remote machine (say, into a shared folder assuming I know the machine IP address). When copying all files from a directory and sub-directories, I should be able to pick only some of them (for instance, all files finishing in ".doc" and not exceeding 1 MB) How can I do that in ASP.NET, normal ASP or VB Script? It may be VB.NET since it seems to me that ASP.NET works with VB.NET whereas ASP didn’t use such things... The only way I ...

How can i copy file from one directory to another in vb.net?
Thank. Hi, use the File.Copy(sourcefile, destinationfilename) from the System.IO namespace. Taken from MSDN: Imports SystemImports System.IO Public Class Test    Public Shared Sub Main()        ' Specify the directories you want to manipulate.        Dim path As String = "c:\temp\MyTest.txt"        Dim path2 As String = path + "temp"         Try           ...

Copying a .db file to another machine
We have a requirement where we need to propagate data found on a central database to a distributed database. This propagation will means overwritting and copying over 70% of all the database record. We are currently looking at many scenario on how to do this! Right now we are thinking of doing these step to refresh the data onto the target database 1. make a backup of souce .db file 2. copy backup file to another location 3. Establish connection to the database in the new location 4. Grab data from the old database and insert it back into the new version of the source database....

.Net Application for Copying files from remoteserver to local machine on regular time interval.
Hi, How can I create one .Net application which will   Copying files from remoteserver to local machine on regular time interval.I spend a lot of time for searching  this in google.but I am not able to find the exact solution  . If any one having any idea regarding the same please let me know ..   Thanks In Advance Hari      Why use ASP.NET?  A scheduled batch file is easy and clean.  Use the Windows scheduler service. Your other option is writing a Windows service, which isn't ASP.NET. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "M...

Web application to copy files on User's machine from 1 location to another?
HiI'm in the investigation stage of a project, and have a couple of questions about ASP.NET:The User will have a browser window open, running the ASP.NET web application. When they click a button, I need the web application to be able to copy a file from a location on the User's local hard disk, to a removable device (Card Reader / USB). Is this possible?(Yes, I'm very new to ASP.NET!) Well you can upload files from local HDD to a web server. The USB drive would be assigned it own network drive, so I assume it's possible, though never tried....

copy specified content from one file to another file

Copying more than one file using File::Copy
Good day=3B I apologize in advance if this is a very stupid question=85 I=27m trying to concatenate two files and have the results written to a = third file=2E = Maybe I=27m missing something obvious=2E=2E=2E but in Perldoc for File=3A= =3ACopy I = read=3A =22The copy function takes two parameters=3A a file to copy from = and = a file to copy to=2E=22 What can I do if I have a second file I want to copy from=3F (i=2Ee=2E Li= ke = DOS copy command=3A c=3A=5C file1=2Etxt + file2=2Etxt file3=2Etxt will co= py the = contents of file1=2Etxt =26 file2=2Etxt and put the...

Read files from Vista machine on Opensuse machine
I have mythtv running on opensuse 11.0 on a pc in my lounge room. I would like to get access to all of my multimedia files that sit on my office PC , which is running vista. mythtv will let me point to any directory that is available on the local machine, so I need a permanent mount set up on mythtv box. I need the highest data transfer speeds possible as I will be sending 1080p movies to mythbox. Could someone tell me whether I should use samba or NFS ( if both are in fact possible?) and why one would be preferred over the other? Also, if you can point me to a HOWTO that w...

Copy data from unix machine to NT machine
Hi Guys, I want to tranfer sybase data from sun solaris machineto Windows machine. I can do with BCP utility but i want to know is there any other way is there or not. Thanks in advance Voonna SVT INC Sure, if the servers are on the same network, you can use the CIS features to create proxy tables from one server to the other, then use SELECT INTO or INSERT SELECT to bring the data across. There is also the shareware (non-Sybase) SQSH utility, which can do a bcp-like pipeline between two servers (i.e. no file in between). -bret Srinivas Voonna wrote: > &g...

Another wierd occurence. DNN modules fail on one machine and work on another.
I am working with a patner to add content to a couple of portals. I created a tab for just the 2 of us as admistrators for file storage, calendar, tasks, etc. Every module on the page fails for him on his PC and returns server errors but works great from my PC. We are working only a few miles apart. Examples: clicking on an image in the free simple image gallery does nothing. clicking on a download in the free downloads module returns a server error. creating an event and trying to enter multiple dates returns a server error. Every once in a while he can't even get to ...

copy the which is before ",(comma)" in one file and matching pattern in another file
Problem Def: copy the pattern which before ",(comma)" and find a matching pattern in another file. status: i wrote following code. but it is not working properly. plz help me. #! C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe print "hello\n"; print "Please Enter Input File name(Give the complete path):"; $infile=<STDIN>; #give the input file name here chomp($infile); open ($in, "<", $infile) or die "Cannot open file for reading\n"; #Check whether the file can be opened for reading while (<$in>) { if(/,/) {print "before match:...

Web resources about - Copy a file from one machine to another machine - asp.net.getting-started

Machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. Machines are usually powered by mechanical, ...

Machine Zone Set to Advertise 'Mobile Strike' in Super Bowl
Machine Zone is set to advertise in the Super Bowl, according to people familiar with the matter. The mobile game developer was in last year's ...

AlphaGo: using machine learning to master the ancient game of Go
... aspect of all this for us is that AlphaGo isn’t just an “expert” system built with hand-crafted rules; instead it uses general machine learning ...

Watch this $140,000 monster machine gobble up snow in Washington, DC
After winter storm Jonas, Washington D.C. called in backup from Massachusetts to help with cleanup. The Larue D65 cleans up an unprecedented ...

Even If You Could Use 100% of your Brain, Machines Will Still Beat You
So I admit that I enjoyed watching Lucy , the Luc Besson movie with Scarlett Johanssen as the eponymous Lucy, who by virtue of an inadvertent ...

Take Out Your Rage On The Rowing Machine
My problem with the gym has always been that I love cardio, but find it incredibly boring to do cardio in a room filled with other people doing ...

Machine learning offers hope in fight against antibiotic resistance
Could machine learning be the weapon that lets mankind stay one step ahead of bacterial evolution?

Google Partners With Chip Startup To Take Machine Learning Out Of The Cloud And Into Your Pocket
Google's machine learning group is licensing new chip technology to make the devices in our pockets more intelligent and autonomous.

The Political Machine 2016 releases Feb. 4
Stardock Software will release the final version of The Political Machine 2016 in early February – right at the start of the primary season for ...