converting web control string values to integers

I have a form using dropdown lists with numbers (1,2,3,4,5) I want to use these numbers to perform calculations but they are returned as stings.  How can I convert them into integers?
0
shelli

[C#]

string MyString = "123";
int x = Int32.Parse(MyString); // throws an exception if MyString does not contain a numeric value such as "123b"
[VB.NET]
Dim MyString As String = "123"
Dim x As Integer = Int32.Parse(MyString) ' throws an exception if MyString does not contain a numeric value such as "123b"

Picky
0
pickyh3d
2/18/2004 11:49:34 PM
thanks much - that worked - was struggling with how to do this!
0
shelli

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Value of type 'System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap'.
 Hello,         I receive this error "System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap" when I try to find the Sitemap control.  ...            <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" />            <asp:ListView ID="ListView1" runat="server">            <LayoutTemplate>    ...

Passing values from a parent web control to child web control
I have a parent control which called CONTROL1 and a child control witch called CONTROL2 I would link to pass a value from the parent control to the child control. In the parent control(CONTROL1) I have the following Event Handler . private void btn_Handler(object sender, EventArgs e) { …      if (Page.IsPostBack) {              // Send the officer names to the child controls.             if(m_nameList.SelectedItem.Text != "")     ...

Convert time values from string to integer
 Time stored into database like hh:mm:ss as a string and I need to convert hours, minutes and seconds to integer in order to complete my own calculation at the below. Does any one can help me please.Thank you Dim timeDiff As String            Dim ehours As Integer            Dim eminutes As Integer            Dim eseconds As Integer            ehours = Integer.Parse...

getting value from string (VB .net)
HiJust a quickie (i hope) - i'm trying to get a value from a string but not sure what method to use.Eg Dim myString As String = "(ng) nottingham"How would i get the value between the parentheses - ng?  The values are either going to be a single or two characters if this helps?I can think of a work around using myString.IndexOf() but i'm sure there must be a specific function for this problem? thanks  Hey, You could loop through the three or four characters, use the Substring method and trim/remove the parens, or you can use regular expressions.Brian"Trust in the Lord a...

get value from javascript to web control
In my page I have label control <asp:label id="Label1" runat="server" /> when page load I set that label value using javascript function setvalue() { document.getElementById("Label1").innerHTML = "hello" } <body onLoad="setvalue();"> and i also have a button. When I click that button, it read the label value Private Sub BtnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BtnSubmit.Click Dim a as string = Label1.Text end sub but the problem is var...

How do I... convert string values to a control type?
When I do I get a "Specified cast is not valid. " I have 4 textboxes that use the same Calendar Control. I fill a hidden textbox with the textbox ID from the 4 textboxes. I enable the Calendar Control from a linkbutton depending which text box is selected. When a date is selected from the Calendar Control... it uses the hidden textbox value to get where the textbox ID in which I need to return the selected date value. Thanks! Larry Try something like Page.FindControl(txtHiddenBox.Text).Text =...

Convert String to Integer for FormView control ??
Hi all, I have this small problem. I have a page which checks for a Role and depending on the role redirects to a different page(with a FormView control)  passing a Querystring that contains an ID. Now when my formview control runs(in edit mode) I get an SQLException error  about 'converting nvarchar ID to data type  int'. I tried something like int32.parse but i still get the same error. Any ideas from all you briliant minds out there? Sounds like a simple problem to solve, but without the actual piece of code, we'd all be guessing.  Can you pos...

Query for substring to get some particular value in a string (Get querystring value by sql )

Convert integer to string value on dynamic gridview

Ajax Control that Gets Values from Web Service...
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here it goes.....I have a page with three .ascx files. The first .ascx has a ajax cascading dropdown control that depending on the first selection a list of items are available on the second dropdown. Then depending on what you select on the second one the third dropdown selections are dynamically populated. Then you have a series of other questions that are asked, well when we click continue to go to the next .ascx control we are getting this error:  It is a messagebox that says Object reference not set to an instance of an o...

Is there any function to convert string to integer in VB.net?
Is there any function to convert string to integer in VB.net? thank you very much.As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Hi There, You can do this Dim Val as String = "50" Dim i As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(Val)DC517Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. thank you very much dennisAs Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Hi There, No problem, always welcome...

Web resources about - converting web control string values to integers - asp.net.getting-started

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...