Converting string to an integer

I have an asp.net page in which a user inputs a SSN in the proper format 555-55-5555 I want to put tha into an Interger field in the sql database. How to I convert my value in the textbox to an interger that the database will accept.
0
mlwright

Are these seperate text inputs like so:

555 = first text box
55 = second
5555 = third
IF so you can tie them together with the string builder class and then convert them to an int with "int.Parse()", post your code and I can better show you.

Sam
Sam Cromer
Senior .NET Developer
0
scromer
12/2/2003 5:05:06 PM
First you have to strip the "-" s.

Then concatenate the individual parts into a string...
type cast the string into an integer...
save it into database...

Dim aSSN as String
Dim aSSNParts as String()
Dim aSSNToDB as Integer
aSSN = txtSSN.Value
aSSNParts = aSSN.Split("-")
aSSN = aSSNParts(0) + aSSNParts(1) + aSSNParts(2)
aSSNToDB = CType(aSSN,Integer)

now you can insert the aSSNToDB field into your database....
HTH
Hey! It compiles! Ship it!

Cheers,

Venugopal Mallarapu.

Visit : My Blog
0
venumg

Is there any function to convert string to integer in VB.net?
Is there any function to convert string to integer in VB.net? thank you very much.As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Hi There, You can do this Dim Val as String = "50" Dim i As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(Val)DC517Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. thank you very much dennisAs Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Hi There, No problem, always welcome...

converting string to integer, subtracting strings.
Hi,  I have a textbox into which the user will enter a number I then have button that when the user clicks, the number taken from the textbox will be subtracted by one or more(depending on the users situation) and displayed in a label.   The problem i am having at the moment is that when i attempt to do this an error comes up saying that "the operator '-' cannot be used with string or int". String Score1 = txtScore1.Text: String netScore1;   netScore1 = Score1 - 1; lblNetScore1.Text = netScore1;   I have ...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Getting error while converting string to double: Input string was not in correct format
Select Case LocalMeasuringUnitText Case "Currency" 'do the conversion hereDim ConversionRate As Double = GetConversionRate(_LanguageID)   Dim UKValue As Double 'String.Format("{0:c}", SelectedRow(rowloop).Item("TransData").ToString()) Dim varValue As Object = NothingDim Stringvalue As Object = SelectedRow(rowloop).Item("TransData").ToString.Trim 'varValue = Double.TryParse(Stringvalue, varValue) 'CType(Stringvalue, System.Double) 'UKValue = Convert.ToDouble(Stringvalue) / GetConversionRate(ConfigurationManager.AppS...

Converting Strings To Integers
I have a number in a text field "0003" that I need to convert to 3(the number) to pass onto a stored procedure, but I'm having difficulty with which command to convert it properly I keep getting errors. Any Suggestions VB or C# VB: Dim i As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(stringvar) C#: int i = Convert.ToInt32(stringvar); C# Only: (int32) stringvar; VB Only: CType(stringvar, System.Int32) Anyway will work, they differ only in explicit or implicit conversion methods.MCSD / MCAD / MCP Int.Parse(string) should work too. Yes, actually, you must either use the...

Convert string to integer
How I can transform string type var to var with integer type? .... var id = file_stream.readline(); .... .... id = id + 1; - this command just add new symbol in my case... Welcome to the ASP.NET Forums, Sapfir. Try: // declare id as an integer int id = 0; // convert from string to int, and assign to id // this may fail, which is why we must place the conversion inside a Try/Catch block try { id = int.Parse( file_stream.readline() ); } catch { // handle this if you care to, // or a...

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

How to convert a String to an integer?
Hello, How to convert a string which has only numbers to an integer. I know the other way around but this one i don't know. Thanks, Miguel Here is a simple example:    Dim firstInt As Integer = Int32.Parse("13")    Dim secondInt As Integer = Int32.Parse("12")    Dim thirdInt As Integer = firstInt + secondIntThe variable thirdInt will have the value 25.Alister...

How do I convert a string into an integer?
How do I convert a string into an integer, I have the following problem: DropDownList1.Items.Add(objDataReader1.GetString(1) & " " & objDataReader1.GetString(2)) DropDownList1.DataValueField = objDataReader1.Getint32(0) this is the number of a record(unique) ''''''''''''''''' overzichttoe(txtdatum.text, 1, 1,DropDownlist1.selectedItem.Value ) I have to convert this "DropDownlist1.selectedItem.Value" to an integer THX a lot!!!!!!!!!!! c You can write Convert.ToInteger(DropDownlist1.selectedItem.Value)Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/AS...

Converting string to integer
 I have a textbox which the user will enter a number into.  I then have a label control which will perform a maths operation and write out the resulting answer; atleast this is whant I want anyway however this is not happening.The code I have so far is   1 Protected Sub btnWork_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnWork.Click2 3 Dim Work As Integer4 Work = txtWorkSet5 lblS.Text = ("Work * 0.4" & " kg").ToString6 7 End Sub  I get an...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Converting a string to an integer
I have an identification card that contains a group of characters within a bar code. I need to extract the first 6 characters and convert them to a Social Security Account Number (SSAN).  In cold fusion I use InputBaseN(stringvalue, 32) and all is well.  I am having difficulty achieving the same result in VB. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated since I am new to all this. <JP> you can do a substring. perhaps something like : convert.toint16(stringvalue.substring(1,6))***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I know the 6...

Web resources about - Converting string to an integer - asp.net.getting-started

PastBook’s Filepicker.io Integration Eases Process Of Converting Facebook Content To Books
PastBook , one of several companies that allow Facebook users to publish their content on the social network in actual books , announced the ...

Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store on iTunes
Get Zwartz Laminating-Converting B.V. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

"Occupier" Thanked Former Soviet Citizen for "Converting" Him to Capitalism, Pro-Israel, Pro-USA - YouTube ...
May Day Demonstration on Union Square in New York City Zionism & Birth of Modern Israel in 1948: Former Soviet Citizen Pays Tribute to Ben-Gurion ...