Converting string to 2 digit decimal number

 Hi all,

My question is how to convert a string like 80.00 to a number with 2 decimal digits. I've tried many solutions such as formating the string and then converting the string to double but it doesn't work, still shows as 80.0. Can anyone help me with that?

leila

 For display purposes you can use string.format. I'm assuming this is currency related variable.

decimal moneyValue = 80.0m;
string displayValue = String.Format("Total: {0:C}", moneyValue);
Console.WriteLine(displayValue);

Dev
0
devcalpoly
10/30/2008 2:15:14 PM

 What I meant was converting string to decimal not the other way round. I have a string like "80.00" and I want to convert it to decimal number with exactly 2 digits floating points like 80.00

0
leila
10/30/2008 2:20:00 PM

If you are planning on using this double variable for further calculations. You will get the same result with .xx vs .x

But if you are planning on displaying this variable, you will need convert it back to string and then you can use string.format

Please let us know what you are planning on doing with this double variable? Display? Re-use it? etc

Dev
0
devcalpoly
10/30/2008 2:41:36 PM

 Got what you mean and resolved the problem.

Thank you

0
leila

VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number?
Hi to all VB.NET function Hex() converts numbers to hexadecimal strings, is there any reverse function that converts hexadecimals back to numbers?? Thanks, Hooker Hi, how are you? In C#, we have something like: Convert.ToInt32(string strValue, int Base)... So I basically can do: Int iDecimal = Convert.ToInt32("AF8", 16); I'm pretty sure there must be something like it on VB.Net. Hope this Helps, Covohttp://covodev.blogspot.com/"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein That should work, thanks. I'm fine, BTW...

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

Convert string to number #2
Hey all, I have got a text field in the summary band in a report datawindow which I want to set to a value at runtime and the value will come from the user. The value will be used for further addition and substraction. How do I convert this value from a string to a number? Thanks in advance for any help. Jian Kuang Depending on the scale or type of number, you can use Dec ( ), Long ( ), Double ( ), Real ( ), or Integer ( ). All of them call for a string or blob argument. Jian Kuang <jkuang@vitinc.com> wrote in message news:3757DC4F.41131683@vitinc.com... Hey a...

converting an integer to a 2 decimal place number
hey.. say i have an integer, or a double, or any number that is less then 2 decimal places how can i make it 2 decimal places? eg 1 = 1.00  Cheers           Dim d As Double = 1        Response.Write(d.ToString("0.00")) Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped y...

2 decimal numbers in double number
Hi guys... I have a web application that goes to a mysql database anda take a double(8,2) number. And when I use it in code the decimal numbers (2) when are 0 just disapear. How can I deal with this to keep ALWAYS the original formate of the double number ? 6 digits left and 2 right from the point ? What I want:Number: 45.343434 = 45.34Number: 45 =  45.00Number: 45.1 = 45.10  Here is the code (just going to the database and take the value): 1 MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand(query, connection); 2 try 3 { 4 con...

What should one use for converting a string containing decimals to a number in the core?
Perl_grok_number() doesn't return the number of characters it found in the number, unlike Perl_grok_hex() etc, so one has to parse the string again to position beyond the number. This is a waste of time and the source for potential bugs when the reparsing doesn't match the original logic. strtol() (or better Strtol()) does, but it is has some locale dependencies, which, while not likely to bite, theoretically could. Same for strtoul() (Strtoul) and atoi (Atoi). ...

Converting string to number but there's a comma as decimal point
I have a small problem in my XSL file when converting string to a number. This is how it’s being done: <xsl:value-of select="number(stringValue)”> Where, for example, stringValue can be "0.5" in US region or "0,5" in some European regions. While the conversion from "0.5" works great, a conversion from "0,5" results in failure and a NaN result. Does anybody know of a way of handling number conversion in XSL in a universal way that is independent from regional settings and would work for both "0.5" and "0,5"? the meaning of a decimal and comma are dependent on the...

Decimal in String to Decimal Number Conversion
I think I'm out of luck after visting DejaNews (hints but no definitive answer), but figured you all are worth a try... :) My PB program imports a text file containing decimal numbers in the format ####.## (e.g., 1234.56), and then converts them to a number to put into a numeric datawindow column. Problem is that if regional settings are set to use the comma as decimal separator and period as thousands separator, then the resulting number from Real(ls_number) is 123456 rather than 1234.56. This is a big problem. The only solution I have so far is to remove the decimal form th...

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

.net 3.5 convert to .net 2?
 how can i convert in Web Developer 2008 .net framework 3.5   to .net 2 ? KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  Hi,If you have not used any .NET 3.5 controls, you simply need to remove all references to .NET 3.5 within the web.config. I hope this helps, if it answers your question, don't forget to mark it as such for those who come afterwards.Regards,Gareth ChidgeyManaging DirectorPushInternet Ltd  ok.how  can i create new web site in web developer 2008 at .net framework 2  .    KAHREDEN HAREKET ENGELLENNEMEZ  try this http://we...

how to change decimal number to number with precision of 2
Hello all, I am not familar with the method in class of Decimal numbers. I just want to make sure the number has got 2 floating points, for example how to convert the number 1495.03 to 1495.00 or 1494.872 to 1495.00 Anyone can give me some help? Thanks Hi There, Please see the following example: double myDecimal = Math.Round(myValue, MidpointRounding.ToEven); Hope it helps!DC517Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. thanks for your reply, and it works.......

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Is it possible to convert .do net 2 back to .net 1?
I have this application that runs fine on my pc, in which I run VS.Net 2005. When installed on a server with .Net Beta 2 a run time error referring to the line <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">in the web config file comes up. The server does not recognise that line of code, it seems to be still using .NET 1.Any ideas on how to fix that problem without installing VS.NET 2005 on the server?ThanksRaquel Install the .NET 2 beta 2 runtime on the server (if you can), then go into IIS  Manager and you should have a  ASP.NET  tab, w...

CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or Decimal
CLR.NET datatype for decimal is System.String or System.Decimal the documentation says System.string while it is mapped to DbType.decimal I need some understanding on this. any help thanks vsv ...

Web resources about - Converting string to 2 digit decimal number - asp.net.getting-started