convert string to float??

Simple question. How to convert string to float or double??
0
shikozel

Double.Parse(StringName);
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax

Getting error while converting string to double: Input string was not in correct format
Select Case LocalMeasuringUnitText Case "Currency" 'do the conversion hereDim ConversionRate As Double = GetConversionRate(_LanguageID)   Dim UKValue As Double 'String.Format("{0:c}", SelectedRow(rowloop).Item("TransData").ToString()) Dim varValue As Object = NothingDim Stringvalue As Object = SelectedRow(rowloop).Item("TransData").ToString.Trim 'varValue = Double.TryParse(Stringvalue, varValue) 'CType(Stringvalue, System.Double) 'UKValue = Convert.ToDouble(Stringvalue) / GetConversionRate(ConfigurationManager.AppS...

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

Converting String to Float
Can anyone help me with the following please: I have the following class: using System; { public class Circle { float fxCenter, fyCenter, fRadius; // Constructor public Circle() { // Initialize internal variables fxCenter = 0; fyCenter = 0; fRadius = 0; } public float Top { get { return fxCenter - fRadius; } set { fxCenter = value + fRadius; } } public float Radius { get { return fRadius; } set { ...

Converting String to Minutes in .net
hi all, i have a string value(Ex:"915"),i need to convert in to minutes(EX:15:15) please provide me the code for that. Hi, As per my calculations 915 comes to 15:25 that is 15 hr 25 min and not 15:15. If you think I am correct, here is the code:Dim hr As Integer = CInt("915") / 60 Dim min As Integer = CInt("915") Mod 60 Regards...

How to convert float to varchar or string..
I've three columns: Length          Width            Height 1.5                  2.5              10 2                   3.7                19   in Query I want to display L...

Getting all text at start of a string
Hello,I have a string (from a weather feed) that looks like:Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C Is it possible to get everything before the :So I can just get the day, and not the conditionsThe idea is that the feed looks likeMonday: asdsfasfMonday Night: asdsfasfTuesday: AFASFetc,Thanks  Try this: string s = "Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C"; string d = s.Split(':')[0];Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET...

Getting started with JScript.NET

How do I convert strings to floating number?
Hi there, I have a simple problem that I'm sure has been asked before (so why not again ;)) I have a list like this: 1e-100 2e-100 1e-45 5e-10 1 10 20 and want to make correct assignments: 1e-100 SMALL 2e-100 SMALL 1e-45 BIGGER 5e-10 BIGGER 1 BIGGER 10 BIG 20 BIG But with this code while (<>) { chomp; if ($_ lt 1e-50) { print "$_\t SMALL\n"; } elsif (($_ gt 1e-50) && $_ lt 5) { print "$_\t BIGGER\n"; } elsif ($_ gt 5) { print "$_\t BIGGEST\n"; } I only get ...

Web resources about - convert string to float?? - asp.net.getting-started

Convert your images quickly and easily with PDF Photos
Have you ever wanted an easy way to convert images to a PDF? Maybe you want to include them in a document for work, send them via email at a ...

Ford patents rear wheel that converts into a unicycle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ford , Green Driving , Motorcycle , Electric Ford is thinking about allowing drivers to remove a rear ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...