Convert number to integer

Right now I have a form that has people enter there numbers, I do some calculations and then send the projections back to them. In the form I have them enter the value without commas. I would like to make easier for people by letting them enter their values with commas (i.e. 20,000). How do I filter out the commas so that I have just the numeric value? I have to be able to evaluate thousand and millions, no decimal values.

cheers;

0
gmcghee

Hi there, this really isnt to difficult, you should be able to do something like this

cint(replace(num, ",",""))

Set your input variable to be a string, the cint will convert the string to an integer after the comma's are taken out and replaced with "" empty string.

Bryan Sampica
Auction Site StarterKit |
My Blog
0
Freakyuno
5/7/2007 2:24:05 PM

This works really well. Is there a way to remove $ in case someone does that or put it all in a RegularValidationExpression? I know someone is going to do a nonnumeric character and RegularValidationExpression solve that particular problem.

 cheers;

0
gmcghee
5/7/2007 3:56:14 PM

You can nest the replace command, so basically it comes out looking like this

cint(replace(replace(num,",",""),"$",""))

I really recomend starting to use regular expressions though, to handle even replace functions like this.  I personally dont know RegEx for beans, but I'm usually able to lookup the expresssion I need using these forums, or google.

Bryan Sampica
Auction Site StarterKit |
My Blog
0
Freakyuno

VB.NET: How to convert hexadecimal number to normal (decimal) number?
Hi to all VB.NET function Hex() converts numbers to hexadecimal strings, is there any reverse function that converts hexadecimals back to numbers?? Thanks, Hooker Hi, how are you? In C#, we have something like: Convert.ToInt32(string strValue, int Base)... So I basically can do: Int iDecimal = Convert.ToInt32("AF8", 16); I'm pretty sure there must be something like it on VB.Net. Hope this Helps, Covohttp://covodev.blogspot.com/"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler", A. Einstein That should work, thanks. I'm fine, BTW...

Getting Start With .net

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

how to get start with .NET

Getting started with JScript.NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Converting large numbers to integer
Dear all, I'm working on a program which uses power(x,y) and then mod the result with n. Since mod is an integer operator, I need to convert the result to integer using round, but what if the number is large? {code} var x,y,p:extended n,r:integer begin .... p:=power(x,y); r:=(round(p)) mod n; edit.text:=inttostr(r); .... {code} I'll be working with numbers like 141^139 which would be over int64. Is there anyway to solve this problem? Since the number of y will be chosen by the user, would limiting the number of choice be the only way out? If so, then the application c...

Getting started .net website

converting a string to number or integer
erm... how is this done in c#? or convert an object to and number or integer? I need to get the below as a number or int: TotalRecords = conSelProdCount.ExecuteScalar().ToString(); So i can use it in: ProductItem[] arrNews = new ProductItem[TotalRecords]; int rwcnt = 0; while ( dtrProducts.Read()) { string NewVar = dtrProducts["ProductName"].ToString(); arrNews[rwcnt] = new ProductItem(); arrNews[rwcnt].rowcount = @TotalRecords; arrNews[rwcnt].ProductName = dtrProducts["Pro...

convert to integer without rounding a number
Hallo,i have a simple question:Lets say i have a decimal, 1.7 for eg and i want to convert it to integer,but WITHOUT ROUNDING THE NUMBER.So i tryed many different aproaches to do this but all failed, just the example below.I get a integer 2 instead of 1 so that means the number is rounded.If somebody knows how to do the same thing but without rounding the number please let me knowthanxSub Page_load()           Dim d As Double           d = 1.7        &nb...

Web resources about - Convert number to integer - asp.net.getting-started

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

Ford patents rear wheel that converts into a unicycle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ford , Green Driving , Motorcycle , Electric Ford is thinking about allowing drivers to remove a rear ...