Convert Hex To Int

I'm wondering if there is any easy way to convert a hex value to an int. I have a 3rd party component, that when used with ASP.net will only accept color values as an int.

For example:
#FFFFFF = 16777215
#000000 = 0

Hopefully I explained what I am looking for clearly.

Thanks for any help,
Russ

0
Zerokoo149

Merry Christmas!

<%

@ Page Language="C#" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

script runat="server">

{

Label1.Text = HexToInt(TextBox1.Text).ToString();

}

public int HexToInt(string hexString)

{

return int.Parse(hexString,

System.Globalization.

NumberStyles.HexNumber, null);

}

</

script>

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClick="Button1_Click" />

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Text="FFFFFF" ></asp:TextBox>

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label></div>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>
Peter Kellner
http://73rdstreet.com and blogging at
http://PeterKellner.net
MVP, ASP.NET
0
pkellner
12/19/2006 1:10:09 AM

There is also a ColorTranslator class that you may find usefull:

  Dim white1 As Integer = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToWin32(System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml("White"))
  Dim white2 As Integer = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToWin32(System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml("#FFFFFF"))
  Dim white3 As Integer = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToWin32(System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml("#FFF"))

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
12/19/2006 3:29:36 AM

I ended up going with the:

System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToWin32(System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml("#FFFFFF"))

Thanks a lot for the help,
Russ

0
Zerokoo149

how to get start with .NET

Getting Start With .net

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

Convert Int to Int[]
I have an integer variable with value 8523969I want to create an integer array with each element of the array a value of the above integer eg element 1 = 8; element 2 = 5 and so onHow can i transform the above integer to int array?  Alright this is just of the top of my head, but try this, the only problem might be the cast from char to intint count = 0; foreach (char t in temp.ToString()) { myIntArray[count] = ((int)t); count++; } Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you....

Getting started with JScript.NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started .net website

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

Newbie Question
I have a new project which has just started. One of the requirements is to generate XML files. Do I have to create schema files? Does anyone have a tutorial or sample code to help me get started. I have some background using XML, but not in .NET. Thx Mark How to create a new xml file with XmlDocument? More examples hereSonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks, this is very helpful. What do I need to do extra to setup the schema for this xml file? Is the schema really necessary as well? Thx Mark You dont need to define any sc...

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Web resources about - Convert Hex To Int - asp.net.getting-started

List of converts to Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today’s apps gone free: BlockBear, Stock Grader, PDF Smart Convert and more
Block ads and other annoying content, take the emotion out of investing, and convert almost anything into a PDF with todays collection of apps ...

Ford patents rear wheel that converts into a unicycle
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Ford , Green Driving , Motorcycle , Electric Ford is thinking about allowing drivers to remove a rear ...

How to convert your old VHS tapes to DVD with this software
Remember those old VHS tapes you have sitting in the corner? Convert them into DVDs with this affordable software so you can easily watch them ...