Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'UChat' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Compiler Error Message: CS0234:

The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'Chat' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

suggest the above error

0
senthil_os

 i am having Global.asax file and codebehind Global.asax.cs under App_code folder..

in my local system it working fine but  when i copy paste the code in server it showing the error ...

0
senthil_os

senthil_os:

Compiler Error Message: CS0234:

The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'Chat' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I see the namespace mentioned in the thread title is 'UChat'. However here the namespace is 'Chat'. Is it because different namespaces?

Zhao Ji Ma
Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
0
Zhao

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Anyone get this, i added system.windows.form to my references in my project and still get this... CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Line 3: using System.Collections; Line 4: using System.ComponentModel; Line 5: using System.Windows.Forms; //ERROR Line 6: using System.Data; Line 7: You're compiling from the command line, right? You have to add a reference to the System.Windows.Forms.dll to the compile line, using the /r switch. Eno...

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?) #2
I included the <%@ import Namespace="System.Windows" %> directive in the code file, but for some reason I'm getting this error. I know it's an issue of assembly referencing and I can solve this in VS.NET but I don't know how to reference it right in WebMatrix. Is it true that all I have to do is include the above aforementioned directive in my code page and I'm set to go or do I need to do some configuration work? Help... Anyone... Please......

The type or namespace name 'ListView' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?) error
I have created a ASPX form with a ListView See below: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:ListView id="ProductList" runat="server" > <LayoutTemplate> <h3>Product Listing</h3> <blockquote> <asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="itemPlaceholder"></asp:PlaceHolder> </blockquote> </LayoutTemplate> <ItemSeparatorTemplate> <hr /> </ItemSeparatorTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <h4><%#Eval("ProductName")%> (<%# Eval("Catego...

Compiler Error: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DataAccessHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'BCC'
Hi All,I'm new to ASP.NET and trying to create a Database application with MS Visual Web Dev 2005. In my project, I wrote a generic abstract class called DataAccessHelper.cs under App_Code folder which handles all the Database related work, so all my WebForm classes can inherit from itand consume its functions. Inside the VWD, when I press F5, it launches the browser with http://localhost:2739 and everything shows up as expected. However, when I try to access it through a regular port 80, I get the followingerror:*********************************************Compiler Error Message: CS0234: T...

The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 Hi everybody,I have a Web app project that uses Linq. I am receiving the following error:The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)in the line:using System.Data.Linq;The reference points to the correct file and in other projects everything is fine. the projects builds successfully and gives this error right after that.If someone has an idea what is happening or some previous experience with such an error - please.Thank you in advance.  Bulgaria Did you install Linq on the server? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I am testing it on my local machine - I have VS2008 installed - I think it should be ok and besides I have other apps that are working with linq. Do you think I have to install Linq separately?Zhivko Bulgaria  Joppo It is something related with your web.config file I think.  I also have a project and trying to get AJAX working.  So I have two different web.config files and I make trials with both of them.  When I run the application with one of the web.config files it works.  However with the other one it gives the error "CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?) "I could not figure it out...

The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Hello, I am trying to add ASP.NET AJAX functionality to an existing project. Here's what I did: I have downloaded and installed the AJAX executable from here: http://ajax.asp.net/ I have done an iisreset I have opened my existing project and modified the Web.config using this guide: http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx I opened my MasterPage and I added <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> just below the form-tag Whenever I try to build, I get this error: Error 36 The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\UserData\Kristof\VS.NETSolutions\Analyz-it\VMC\MasterPage.Master.designer.cs 15 33 VMC What could be the problem here? Hi Kirstofc I am also having the same problem what u hv mentioned.. hv u got the solution? if then pls help me how to sort out this problem thankyou veeres You didn't mention that you went through all the web.config stuff that is necessary. You need to merge your web.config with everything that is in this one: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\web.config" What you can do if you fear all the web.config-hacking (close your webpage first and make a backup):   1) Create a new web project, type ‘ASP .NET AJAX-Enabled Web Site’ That will create all needed entries in the web.config   2) now delete default.aspx   3) ...

The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'YASUTech.QRDN.WebEditor' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Hi,I am getting the following error message - "The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'YASUTech.QRDN.WebEditor' (are you missing an assembly reference?) " - when I try to build the web application I had migrated from VS2003 to VS2005.--------------------------------------- In the web application i had created using 1.1 Framework I had created a folder - "Core" - which contained 2 web pages and one class file.The following occured when I migrated by making use of the Conversion Wizard - 1. A folder "Core" was create...

Error "CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'System'"
Dear all,the following web site ran for months without troubles http://www.fotovoltaico.sanzeno.org/StoricoRS.aspxSuddenly yesterday I started getting the error you can see switching to that site. I am really getting crazy wondering what happened, but I have no idea. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you in advancePierluigi ...

The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web'
Hi,  I'm trying to use the the System.Web.Configuration namespace but keep getting this error:   The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)   Do you have any idea what could be the reason? Hi,You need to add System.Configuration DLL via "Add Reference" dialog box. Right click References and select Add Reference, then select System.Configuration under the .NET tab.Hope this helps,Vivek Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community...

The type or namespace name 'SqlServer' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data'
Hi, I have created a .net class library and i include the namespace : using System.Data.SqlServer but when i build my .net class library i get the folowing error: The type or namespace name 'SqlServer' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    your help is highly appreciated Best regards System.Data.SqlClient not System.Data.SqlServerArticles and news on ASP/ASP.NETASPCode.net Thank you for the support I am Creating a Trigger using Managed Code in SQL Server so i create a class contains the following: using Syst...

The type or namespace name 'HttpContext' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web'
Hi thereI've created a wee class library with which to create a dll used by my web app. A class in the library needs to use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath in order to get the physical location of a file regardless of where the application currently is.When I'm coding the class, Intellisense tells me that System.Web only has three members: AspNetHostingPermissionAspNetHostingPermissionAttributeAspNetHostingPermissionLevelI ignore it and type in the rest of the 'MapPath' stuff, but when I build the library I get the error I've used as the title of this thread.So, why, in this class library, is System.Web somehow missing a whole bunch of members?ThanksDavid Did you add a reference to system.web in your project? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Aha! I didn't realise that assembly references could be not there according to the type of project created. Thanks for this. David ...

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'Global' is ambiguous in the namespace 'DotNetNuke'.
I'm getting this error. Has anymore seen this or does anyone understand whatit means or how i might fix it? Thanks ShootingStar Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'Global' is ambiguous in the namespace 'DotNetNuke'. Source Error: Line 31:...

The type or namespace name 'OracleClient' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System.Data'
I am using notepad to code my ASP.NET pages. Line 3: using System.Data.OleDb; Line 4: using System.Web; Line 5: using System.Data.OracleClient; Line 6: Line 7: public class OConn .. .. .. Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Oracle8.cs Line: 5 I know if I precompile the *.dll in my *.aspx page, it will work (<%@ Page language="c#" CompilerOptions=/R:"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\System.Data.OracleClient.dll" Debug="true"%>). But i do not know the equivalent solution to implement in a *.cs file. Please help! are you yousing visual studio or the Framework sdk? for visual studio remeber to "add a reference to the 'System.Data.OracleClient.dll' file" for the Framework the command should look something like: csc /r:C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\System.Data.OracleClient.dll /t:library oracle8.cs...

"The type or namespace name 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?" while moving to 3.5
I have a .NET 2.0 web application that was using AJAX 1.0.  I set the application to use .NET Framework 3.5 by changing the settings in the property pages of the project.  Everything worked fine until I wanted to put an AJAX 3.5 control on one of my pages.  I downloaded the AJAX 3.5 toolkit and added the controls to my toolbox in the VS2008 IDE.  After I dragged one of the new AJAX controls onto one of the pages in my project, the other AJAX controls are giving me an error when I build.  The error is "The type or namespace name 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly or rerence?)"  This error is being thrown on the .desiner.cs files for two pages that contain old AJAX 1.0 controls.  It is my understanding that AJAX 3.5 is backwards compatible.  Also, I have the following lines in the web.config:<runtime> <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/><bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/></dependentAssembly> <dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0&q...

error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkCredentials' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(are you missing a using directive or an assembly referenc
Hello Everyone, This is my first post on ASP.NET. This is a great website and I have just discovered the forums which I am hoping will help me to resolve my problem. I have been developing in .net for about 9 months now and I am now just learning all the neat features included Visual Studio 2005. I am using the Visual Web Developer and have SP1 installed. My problem is as follows.I am creating a webform that emails the results of the input using the example found here: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspx. The code looks as follows. using System.Net.Mail; protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();mail.To.Add(email@domain.com);mail.From = new MailAddress(txtUsersEmail.Text);mail.Subject = "Sending an email";mail.Body = "Date: " + lblDate.Text + "\n"+ "Users Email: " + txtUsersEmail.Text + "\n"+ "---------------------------------" + "\n"+ "Client First Name: " + txtClientFirstName.Text + "\n"+ "Client Last Name: " + txtClientLastName.Text + "\n"+ "---------------------------------" + "\n"+ "Query Sting 1: " + Request.QueryString["qs1"] + "\n"+ "Data " + DataLabel.Text + "\n"+ "Comments: " + txtComments.Text;SmtpClient smtp = new SmtpClient("mail.domain.com");//TODO: Add SMTP Authentication//smtp.Credentials = new NetworkCredentials("user", "password");smtp.Send(mail);Response.Redirect("Confirm.aspx");} As you can see there are two comment lines in my code. This is where I am having the problem. If I t...

''''''''''''''''''''

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

Deploy new website - getting error
This works fine on my development machine - I have deployed it to an IIS 6 machine.  I am getting: Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IBindableControl' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)Source Error: Line 492: private static void ExtractValuesFromBindableControls(IOrderedDictionary values, Control container) Line 493: { Line 494: IBindableControl control = container as IBindableControl; Line 495: if (control != null) Line 496: { IBindableControl comes from System.Web.UI, which I have declared in a Using statement at the top of the source file.. Line 1:    using System;Line 2:    using System.Collections.Generic;Line 3:    using System.Collections;Line 4:    using System.Collections.ObjectModel;Line 5:    using System.Collections.Specialized;Line 6:    using System.Linq;Line 7:    using System.Security;Line 8:    using System.Web;Line 9:    using System.Web.Profile;Line 10:   using System.Web.UI;Line 11:   using System.Web.UI.WebControls;Line 12:   using System.Configuration;Line 13:   using AjaxControlToolkit;Line 14:   Line 15:   /// <summary>Line 16:   /// Summary description for GlobalFunctionsLine 17:   ///...

ERROR: The name 'Session' does not exist in the class or namespace 'MyClass'
Hi, I have a login page that calls on the Authentication class I created. If the user authenticates, I'm trying to put user's name, email address and user ID in session variables but keep getting this error. Any idea why I'd be getting this error? Here's my code where I put the data in session variables: .... Session["UserID"] = dv[0]["UserID"]; Session["UserEmail"] = dv[0]["Email"]; Session["UserName"] = dv[0]["FirstName"].ToString() + " " + dv[0]["LastName"].ToString(); At the top, ...

'''''

Trying to create .net assembly
I'm just migrated a pfc based application from 10.5 to 12.1. The main reason for the migration was to reuse code in a .net application. To that end I've attempted to create a .net assembly. After adding the .net assembly target using the existing app I then tried to deply it but get the following error: Error when compiling generated C# code: a_madcst(4,16): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'c__a_madcst' Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. Thank You , Mike Mike, Please cla...

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'Oracle' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Hi, I was trying to setup a new project to my system.so when i build the solution I'm getting this error message" Error 2 The type or namespace name 'Oracle' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) In my Machine Oracle 8.6.1 client is installed.I'm using asp.net 2.0 and visual studio 2005.  I'm Also getting the error message"Error 4 Metadata file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\contact\contact\dal\bin\Debug\DAL.dll' could not be found . Please do helpme out Hi NancyDrew, Until posted your code we cannot figure it out... but it seems OracleDLL referrence error, did you add Oracle client dll reference from add reference->select OracleDataClient.dll?  CheersRam MCP...

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'PageNumberMaker_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace '_ASP'.
heya all what does the ambiguous error mean when using user controls?? html <PWP:PageNumberCounter ID="ctlPageNumberMaker" Runat="Server" /> ascx <script runat="server"> Public PageNumber As Integer = 1 </script> <% If PageNumber > 1 Then Response.write("<div> Page: ") If PageNumber > 1 Then Dim i As Integer For i = 1 to PageNumber If i = PageNumber Then Response.write("" & i & "") Else Response.write(&qu...

Web resources about - Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'UChat' (are you missing an assembly reference?) - asp.net.getting-started