I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks
-1
jim68
5/11/2006 3:57:31 PM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 6527 Views

Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code.
Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's.
The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side!
Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=view&id=1050&pop=1&hide_ads=1&page=0&hide_js=1

Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
-1
SreedharK
5/11/2006 4:17:54 PM
Thanks, May I say, when an user clicks a button, pop up box show up. are they communicate?
0
jim68
5/11/2006 6:56:13 PM

When User Clicks on Button, a popup comming means, on that Button onclick event you might have some Client Side JavaScript. That's why you got popup.
So are they communicate? As Browser will act for onclick event, message box shows up.
Is click and Sever on sommunicating for this. No it's puerly client side event.
But some times, when you click button it submitts to server and does some process as you needed and get's the results back, in that instance you can think browser send request to server and server process it and responds back to browser.
hope I made it clear to you!