check if string is base64 encoded

hey all
currently i use the following piece of code to check if the string passed to me can be converted to base64, it is not very efficient and bad, can someone please suggest another of doing this

private string ConvertBase64ToString(string[] content)
{
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
int i = content.GetUpperBound(0);
for (int j=0; j<i; j++)
{
try
{
// if successful in converting base64 append it.
sb.Append(ASCIIEncoding.ASCII.GetString(Convert.FromBase64String(content.GetValue(j).ToString())));
}
catch (Exception)
{
// cannot be decoded so append the original string
sb.Append(content.GetValue(j).ToString());
}
}
return sb.ToString();
}

content passed to be looks like:
----
some string not containing base64
another strign without base64

base64base64base64stuffhere
morebase64base64stuffhere
some more strings without base64
----

is it possible to somehow find out if a line is base64 without attempting to covert it and catching the exception?

thanks

0
mvdevnull

getting base64 encoded string using IdHttp
yes hello good to be back... so i have written a REST server in PHP to talk to my IdHttp client that base64 encodes a jpeg in order to send the data in a record "packet" of my own design. I then use a TStringList.delimitedText to read the received packet and parse the results into key/value pairs (kind of a homestyle JSON format). this is working well for all the other data, but it seems that the base64 field is being limited to 4096 bytes when i call the RawByteString thumb64 := tsServerReply.Values['base64field']; the original 'base64field' i...

NET::LDAP, somewhere the new userPassword gets base64 encoded
I'am using the Perl Net::LDAP Module with openldap-2.3.24 (uses LDAP protocol Version 3). I need to update the userPassword field, the problem is that somewhere in the middle the new password i'am giving gets base64 encoded. As to my understanding i'am preparing the whole password. In the password i'am putting first the encoding type: {MD5}, {SSHA}, etc and then the hash. No matter what i do, even the supposed encoding type gets base64 encoded once in the Server. I'am not sure if it is Net::LDAP or the server itself who is doing this: I've tried ...

To Encode String or to Not Encode String... Answer?
I am importing a CSV file from a Unix server as a string, and then saving the string into a new file for later processing.  However, this process does not always work.  As this CSV file is VERY, VERY large, I am unable to immediately tell if the fault lies with my code, or the CSV file provider (very possible).  The only time I can tell that this happened is when the data is not populated the next morning.  The fault appears to lie in there being extra or missing commas, as when I try to run the data import manually, STRINGs are attempted to be inserted into INT...

Getting Start With .net

How to get encoding of string
I need to get encoding of some string. how can I do it? ThanksIreland's classifieds | UK classifieds...

how to get start with .NET

Encoding a string to base64
Hi, I recently downloaded a source code (n_cryptoapi) which i have tried using to encode a string to base64 but i'm getting incorrect results. string = 0116112006003 actual result = MAAxADEANgAxADEAMgAwADAANgAwADAAMwA= expected result = MDExNjExMjAwNjAwMw what am i doing wrong? I'm using the encode64 function = String ls_encoded ULong lul_len, lul_buflen Boolean lb_rtn lul_len = Len(ablob_data) lul_buflen = lul_len * 2 ls_encoded = Space(lul_buflen) lb_rtn = CryptBinaryToString(ablob_data, & lul_len, CRYPT_STRING_BASE64, & ls_encoded, lu...

Getting all text at start of a string
Hello,I have a string (from a weather feed) that looks like:Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C Is it possible to get everything before the :So I can just get the day, and not the conditionsThe idea is that the feed looks likeMonday: asdsfasfMonday Night: asdsfasfTuesday: AFASFetc,Thanks  Try this: string s = "Monday: Mainly Sunny, 25.5°C"; string d = s.Split(':')[0];Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET...

Getting a base64 string from a webactivity
I was wondering if i could get a base64 string from a webactivity after cal= ling the camera or=A0 the gallery and picking an image=0Ais this possible? = any sample?=0A ...

Base64 encode zipped string
Hello Group, I want to create a set of functions that allows me to do the following: function CompressAndEncodeString(InString: string): string; begin CompressInString using zip algo or whatever Base64 encode compressed Instring and assign to result end; and function RetrieveString(Instring: string): string begin Base64 decode Instring Uncompress decodestring and assign to result end; Googled for the different parts, but got lost in the complexity. Any help is very much appreciated! Willem -- Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands wvandeursen_nospam@...

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Getting started .net website

Web resources about - check if string is base64 encoded - asp.net.getting-started

Encoded Archival Description - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EAD originated in 1993, at the University of California, Berkeley . The project's goal was to create a data standard for describing archives, ...

All sizes - Life, encoded - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Are Shakespeare's Plays Encoded within Pi? - YouTube
A follow-up, with examples of numbers that are infinite and non-repeating but don't contain all combinations of digits: http://youtu.be/8PUJvAlD64k ...

'Encoded Intonation': Turning Dinnertime Conversation into Bespoke Tableware
... designer Sophia Thomas has created a subtle way to embody those dear moments with friends over a meal with her ongoing series, " Encoded Intonation ...

Cosmic Rebirth Encoded in Background Radiation?
A pattern discovered in the cosmic microwave background radiation may chronicle what happened before the Big Bang.

​Researchers deliver encoded messages and data through your smartphone compass
NFC, Bluetooth, WiFi, mobile data, plain 'ole voice calls. Your phone has no shortage of ways to connect with things, but that hasn't stopped ...

JavaScript: Retrieve and paginate JSON-encoded data
I’ve created a jQuery plugin that allows you to retrieve a large data set in JSON format from a server script and load the data into a list or ...

Snowden Has Shared Encoded Copies of NSA Files in Case Anything Happens to Him
... should happen to Edward Snowden the files he acquired from the NSA will live on. According to Glenn Greenwald , Snowden has given encoded copies ...

4 out of 5 videos are encoded in H.264
A full 80 percent of videos are encoded in H.264, according to new data from MeFeedia. The latest figures show just how far the industry has ...

Seized Memory Card Contained al Qaeda Documents Encoded in Porn
... his underwear, they were suspicious—but it seemed only to contain porn. Later investigation, however, reveals that one film was actually encoded ...