cannot get web application service

G'day

 Simple error I get every time I go and configure the datasource for a Gridview in vs2005.  My data connection is a Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient) to a sql2k on another machine using sql credentials.  I was able to drag a table to the webform.  It displays fine.  I go to add a detailsView and I receive the following error

Following error occurred while getting connection string information from configuration.
"Cannot get web application service"

All help greatly appreciated

0
trxman

I have the same problem to you!

Very hurry!
0
phoebej89
11/23/2005 3:55:17 AM
I have this exact error too. Help, anyone?
0
mychucky
6/7/2006 5:27:24 PM

Hi All

had a same problem

Try Following

1. Remove the XSD and Add it again

2. Try Restarting the IDE

3. Check For the SQL server  express OR SQL Db credentials

Thanks and All the Best

Amol

0
Amol
6/11/2006 9:39:11 PM

I know this is old but I recently ran into this and thought I could expand on what Amol said. Another source said to restart the IDE. So when I went to do that I noticed the debugger was still running. So it may be possible it was caused by me trying to configure the SQL source while in debug mode. Either way restarting worked for me.

0
dean
4/25/2008 5:16:06 PM

thanks , it works, good.

Milind V. Patil
Synthesys Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
synthesys
1/19/2009 5:57:04 AM

 Restarting the ide might help you.

Zeeshan Umar

~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your query ~
0
sirdneo

Why do I get a Cannot Get Web Application Service
I dont know what happen to my web site in IIS. but whenever I configure a data source I always get a "Cannot Get web application service" Please help. thanks!I don't know .NET! Why I'm here??? Hi, adsmag: My solution was to save my work, shut VWD, reopen it, reload my work - and hey presto it workedBest Regards,__________________________________________________Sincerely,Rex LinMicrosoft Online Community SupportThis posting is provided "AS IS" with on warranties, and confers no rights. Yep! Got it! thanks!I don't know .NET! Why I'm here??? ...

How do i get start with web services ?
Hi all, I did not touched web services before i have to use web services in my web application can any body guide me what are web services and what are the advantages of web services and how many ways are there for creating web service. Any help or guidance is highly apperciated.   best regards Rameezwaheedlife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps Hi Rameezwaheed , Plz check the link for the simplest web service creation in asp.net, http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/dotnetwebservices/DotNetWebServices.asp     Plz mark as answer if you got your sol...

Getting started with web application
I'm new to Visual Studio and I have trouble getting 'just started'. So I have a couple of questions.   First of all, is there a tutorial which will take me through the first steps of getting started? Current tutorials have not done the trick.   Second, if such a tutorial does not exist, What is the base to start? A web application (as I suppose) or a project? It must be possible to work with two programmers simultaneously. In such conditions, what is preferred?   Third, the layout of the website is as follows: a division into four parts with the menu on the left, the 'm...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Getting started , connecting to a web service

Steps to get started with Web Services
I should now be outdated. I tried reviving my distributed application w/c is now non-existent in the current development trends. I believe that Web Services has now taken place and is the most adivisable approach. I would like to ask help from you on how to get started with this web services. what are requirements and if you have sample demonstation I hope you could share it. Thanks, Neil Writing such services http://pbdj.sys-con.com/read/383419.htm Consuming such services: http://pbdj.sys-con.com/read/195257.htm There are a number of examples on http://powerbuilder.co...

How can i get started to build an web-application?
Hey Hi everyone! well i wanna build an web application which do has connection with the database. i am planning it out with ASP.NET,C# with sql server as the database, how can i start doing this? plz do response me to the earliest thanx in advance regards kiranregards--kiran--Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. your best bet would to be buy a book to start building a web application.  To many things to ask to start to help you build a web app. especially if your just starting out.  I would suggest ASP.NET UNLEASHED ISBN ...

Please get me started with a Web Shop application
I am a software developer doing ASP.NET work to gain experience. Now I am looking at a relatively low budget Web Shop application. Guess I should start with some kind of framework? Should I go Nuke? Or is the portal concept not relevant for a single application? IBuySpy store? Or is that more of a reference implementation? Is there some standard way to exchange information with other applications like accounting programs etc? This is in Europe, €s only, English only, international shipping, manual credit-card processing. Hello, you may want to start with IBYStore which...

Get response from non .net web service
I need to send xml request to web service serveras a HTTP POST requestwith content type of text/xmlthen, i need to save the content of the response which is also text/xml into .xml filehow can i do it in asp.net?please help server URL:http://text.xml.aot.com.au/xml2/ request:<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><GetLocationsRequest>  <AgentID>DEMOBB</AgentID>  <Password>fatty2</Password>  <LocationType>T</LocationType>  <LocationCode>413</LocationCode></GetLocationsRequest>...

Getting Started with Web Services
When playing with Web Services I found it impossible to expose more than one class, is this statement correct: you can only expose one class to the consuming application, you can't Publicly embed the worker classes into the main class and access their methods from the consuming application. Therefore, you have to pack all your input parameters into the top-level class, and then let all the worker classes underneath the top-level class work without exposure? When I tried to add an additional web service to try to get access to additional classes within the same web services applicati...

How i get start with Crystal report in my web application
Hi all, i never touched Crystal Report before and now i have to use this in my web application can any body guide me where i have to start ? What are the possible ways of using crystal report i mean external tool etc. I have to give print functionality too. Any ideas or articles . Best regards Rameezwaheedlife is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps   Search trough Crystal Report Forum here, you will get lotz of learning stuff..SSNPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. Rameezwaheed , Its very simple gothrough this links http...

Getting started with .net mobile/wireless application programming
Hi friends, I am very much amateur to the world of mobile/wireless application programming that's why m is having thousands of doubts and confusion regarding the technology. My first few concerns about the terms i.e. mobile web applications vs. windows mobile applications first thing are these 2 things are same if not what are the main differences. I hope you will also show me some light how to move further ahead in this field as i m having small exp approx. 1.5 yrs in Asp.net application. Any help in the form of links, URL, code will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced...

How to get a .net web service to return JSON not XML
I have a web service written in .net 1.1 using vb.net that I need to return JSON. How to I get it to return only the values contained in the xml below - without the XML?  Thanks in advance. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://tempuri.org/WebService/ws">{"result":[{"track":{"vid":"6303","kid":"30","dt":"2/13/2006 6:32:46 AM"}}]}</string>     check this page and you must be very happy! http://www.kawa.net/works/js/jkl/parsexml-e.html Let me ask you a question: how to append/combine two JSON objects (assuming their str...

Web resources about - cannot get web application service - asp.net.getting-started

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush