Can we reserver view state when page is post back from another page

When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read.

But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ?

0
ad_flying
4/26/2005 9:52:39 PM
📁 asp.net.getting-started
📃 91979 articles.
⭐ 2 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 474 Views

 ad_flying wrote:

When a page is post back by itself, the view state will automatically be saved and read.

But is the page is post to another page, and then call back by that page, can we reserve the state ?

I don't think so, whats the purpose for that?

Richard Xin
MCAD(charter member),MCDBA,MCSD
Web Site: www.richardxin.com (For ASP.Net tips and Code snippet)
0
rx
4/26/2005 10:09:01 PM

I have seen this implementation at one client place. Here is work around.

When you post the page to another page , serialize the viewstate in session variable

and when you return to page, deserialize from session place.

Hope this helps,

Vick

http://vikasnetdev.blogspot.com
0