Can i run an EXE on server side to be displayed on client side?

I have made an animation in VB(file.exe), its a bit like a screen buddy that walks about the screen. I can call it from ASP.

Dim WshShell
set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\file.exe"
set WshShell= nothing
%>
where the file.exe is on my desktop.
Does the client side see the animation? If not is there any way for the client to see this? I understand there are security issues here, but i only want this screen buddy to be displayed on their browser or screen. Java isn't an option as i don't have time to learn it and neither Activex. I could do it in flash as i may well, but the 3d'ness of the animation seems to be lost a bit when making a flash movie of it.
thanks.
0
slicknet

I can update that asp code to ASP.Net code, which is what i meant to do, hence this is in the .NET forum.
0
slicknet
11/3/2004 8:02:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the client won't see the animation. By running the animation from your server-side code, it's only going to be running on your server. The security issues you mentioned are going to prevent you from running an executable through the client's browser. You might be able to have the client download the file and use javascript to run it, but I'm not sure that will even be possible due to security settings. I know you mentioned not having the time to learn new techniques, but you can learn quite a bit of about javascript in just a few days. It's pretty easy. Otherwise, the Flash animation is probably going to be your best bet.
"Of course there's no comments. The code was hard to write, so it should be hard to read."

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't."

"Programmers are a device for turning caffeine into code."
0
jimbobredneck

Web resources about - Can i run an EXE on server side to be displayed on client side? - asp.net.getting-started

Wikipedia:File copyright tags/Displayed and ranked - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... images in Wikipedia. In order to more easily locate the best copyright tag for any given image, currently available copyright tags are displayed ...

Facebook to adjust calculations for total check-ins displayed on place pages
... go into effect within the next few weeks, and page owners might notice a difference in their total “were here” tally. Total check-ins are displayed ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store ...
Get QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Is this not bigotry displayed by Houston, TX 3rd grade teacher Angela Box? - YouTube
There is a controversy brewing over third grade elementary school teacher Angela Box. She teaches at Houston Independent School District (HISD) ...

John Robertson displayed error of judgment over Michael McGurk bribe offer for Currawong, inquiry finds ...
Labor leader John Robertson displayed an “error of judgment” by failing to report an attempted $3 million bribe from late businessman ...

Surgeon who cut away child's hip bone displayed 'unsatisfactory professional performance'
... orthopaedic surgeon who removed substantial bone from a teenage girl's misaligned hip, further destabilising it and destroying her joint, displayed ...

Wrong flag displayed before North Korea soccer match halts Games
... international incident when the North Korea women's team refused to take the field for more than an hour after the South Korean flag was displayed ...

MH17 plane fragment to be displayed by Russian museum: reports
A fragment of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 will be put on display despite investigators seeking all debris to find out why it crashed.

Sydney siege: Flag displayed during Martin Place hostage crisis not same as that used by terrorist group ...
The flag displayed during the siege at a Sydney cafe is not the same one used by the Islamic State terrorist group.